Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

eBay Traders & Private Bid Histories

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

eBay Traders & Private Bid Histories Empty eBay Traders & Private Bid Histories

Post by Tow Itch Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:25 am

Not like me to have a downer on eBay, except this time I don't. I just want to make you aware of the possibilities.

Private traders, some people object to them I am more of the opinion that they have a realistic appraisal of the price of items than many people with emotional attachments.
    It's always nice to know that people are traders though and not your average private seller. If they trade are they offering any guarantee or warranty? Or at the other end of the scale are they trading and coming out with the old chestnuts about items within a unit "I do not know about items x, y, & z I have never used them. "

If you sell with a private bid history the identity of the bidder isn't the only thing hid ( & that was a random identity for a particular sales item only)the item being sold is hid in the history as well. You never know what the items were sold by a person selling with private bid histories.
    Look at this example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If we then examine the feedback of this seller. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    We can see that every item they sell is done privately. Not all sellers do this sometimes only selected sales are hidden. So the cash value of the sale and the type of item sold are both hidden. Now having trawled through all the feedback history I don't think this seller trades in campers. Because quite a way through the history someone's feedback mentions stamps. Whether rubber stamps or stamps as in philately, who knows?
    Of course he could be trading in campers as well?
    I would be particularly wary of sending this sort of person any deposits in case they were miss describing items and not refunding deposits when rejected. Now in this case I wouldn't be as worried as all the feedback is positive. Yet you will never know what the feedback was about.

I've used a live example to illustrate this. This is not to make any personal inferences about this particular seller. It was just the first example I found when writing this. If anyone knows if eBay explain this somewhere using a theoretical example or they just do a more concise job of explaining this please see the moderators to substitute that example for this. If this example is not changed please PM me if you look at it and the eBay links no longer work. I'll then find another seller using private bids.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

eBay Traders & Private Bid Histories Empty Re: eBay Traders & Private Bid Histories

Post by Caz1960 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

the history is to let people that they do sell/buy and get good feedback but even though you can not really give bad feed back as E bay lets the seller/buyer explain to the other but if they have constant complaints re a seller/buyer this is investigated if founded they will be removed quite allot sellers would not entertain a purchaser unless they have 100 buys behind them flower

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 4:28 am