Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Eilis
Nick
Helen
vickoir
carl
9 posters

replacing the carpet Dandy 6

carl
    carl

replacing the carpet Dandy 6  - Page 2 Empty Re: replacing the carpet Dandy 6

Post by carl Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hi,

I suppose I can understand putting laminate underlay under the vinyl to make it softer, although you would not do this in normal circumstances as it would be too soft causing the vinyl to stretch and move. I am confused though why put a breathable membrane down. The floor is sealed underneath with shultz/tettraseal and you are putting down vinyl which will seal the top. There is no need for it.

I feel there is every need for it
    when you remove your carpet from a dandy you will notice that the floor is pop riveted and these will cut into the vinyl
    you will also notice that the floor is not made of a smooth timber and it has some roughness to it
    but hey if you like to read braille with your feet just put the vinyl down on its own affraid
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

carl wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Hi,

I suppose I can understand putting laminate underlay under the vinyl to make it softer, although you would not do this in normal circumstances as it would be too soft causing the vinyl to stretch and move. I am confused though why put a breathable membrane down. The floor is sealed underneath with shultz/tettraseal and you are putting down vinyl which will seal the top. There is no need for it.

I feel there is every need for it
    when you remove your carpet from a dandy you will notice that the floor is pop riveted and these will cut into the vinyl
    you will also notice that the floor is not made of a smooth timber and it has some roughness to it
    but hey if you like to read braille with your feet just put the vinyl down on its own affraid

As I said I can understand putting the laminate u/lay underneath in this situation. Its not a domestic or commercial location. It will help but not cure the poprivet problem, although they won't cut the vinyl they are smooth you will still feel them.

If you wanted to go the whole ten yards it would be a case of hardboarding it first.

We have a smooth plywood floor but went the route of carpet and u/lay for comfort. We can't and didn't fancy learning foot braille. No

What I don't understand is putting in the breathable membrane when you are putting in an impervious floor covering?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:56 pm

A very good job on this,got fed up of typing bump

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:06 am