Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Camping at lidl

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Camping at lidl Empty Camping at lidl

Post by mike Fri 27 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

A few things coming on offer the toilet looks good but check on the height if you want to leave it in the dandy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Camping at lidl Empty Re: Camping at lidl

Post by Tow Itch Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

mike wrote:A few things coming on offer the toilet looks good but check on the height if you want to leave it in the dandy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was about to say the Lidl chemical toilet fits in a Dandy but I see that they have changed spec.
    The one I got from Lidl though branded as Rocktrail was a re badged Thetford.
    I see the new ones have level indicators. The ones previously sold didn't.
    As you had all left by that point the Christmas campers missed a not entirely graceful spectacle.
    Yours truly had to put his completely full chemical loo on the bonnet of his car and drive (very gingerly) to the disposal point.

It does quote the dimensions but doesn't say in what order. 41x38x43. Does anyone have reference to the fold height of a Dandy?

It's sobering to see I bought both the loo and electric cold box only 2 years ago and paid either £50 or £55 for the two, certainly less than £60.

If you can hold on to see what the Aldi prices are like I find their returns policy and help with faulty goods far preferable to Lidl.

There was problems with my Lidl coldbox on the second year when I fired it up. The Lidl store gave me the bums rush as I didn't have the reciept to hand. I explained that the Item had a three year guarantee and they had only started selling coolboxes the year before.
    Eventually sorted through head office customer relations but still had to then communicate with the German manufacturer direct and wait for them to send the new lid with all the gubbins in. (gubbins northern term for the technical components)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 27 Apr 2012, 1:26 pm

On our 88 delta the limit was 13 inches and when i pack the 6 down the toilet looks to have the same clearance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:21 pm