Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
vickoir
Helen
6 posters

Favourite books

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Favourite books Empty Favourite books

Post by Helen Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

I got myself a KOBO at Christmas and have enjoyed reading lots but I miss the paper variety of books sometimes, I'm also running out of stuff to read ...... so what are your favourite books, I have hundreds of the paper variety and the only ones I've read a few time are

Pillars of Society

A Family Christmas

Flowers in the attic

Petals on the wind
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Favourite books Empty Re: Favourite books

Post by vickoir Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:10 pm

oh i read all the virginia andrews books when i was a teenager
    my favourites are the lord of the rings trilogy i have probably read them 6 or 7 times so far at different times in my life since i first read the hobbit at 9 at school and can honestly say everytime i read them i get something new from them
    i also love everything by terry pratchett
    and the best autobiogrphy ive ever read was oliver reeds Favourite books 40847162 Favourite books 40847162

i also luv the midnight garden from my childhood
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:26 am

me to Favourite books 1468157981 Favourite books 1468157981 Terry Pratchett
    James Herbert The Cottage and the Fluke
    the cat in the hat.. all Dr zeuses ( can't spell it )
    there was one book that had me spell bound I even walked along the road reading it but for the life of me cannot remember what it's called was a brilliant book
    any book that is light heart'd and makes me laugh female authors
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

I like light reading but I also really enjoy Val McDermid, her books can sometimes make you cringe but are compulsive reading, I read The Mermaids Singing from front to back over a weekend because I couldn't put it down Shocked

her books that I enjoyed but were a bit gruesome are Killing the Shadows, The wire in the blood and Fever of the bone. The Grave Tattoo was disappointing and I never actually finished it.

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:36 am

Probably the only book(s) that I have read more than once is Lord of the Rings. I also love Terry Pratchett and George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series aka Game of Thrones
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

I love reading and have read sooooo many.....although I have never read anything twice.....

Once I have read a book I either take it into the book swap at work or take it to a charity shop. Ben got me a kindle for my birthday last year and I love it! I am just trying to wind down the books I have on my book shelf at the moment.

In line with all the hype, I am really enjoying the 'fifty shades of grey' series at the moment, although its not everyones cup of tea...My tastes are eclectic and I favour no particular genre - just a book that can hold my attention. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series and can't wait to read the Game of Thrones set. I love Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen, James Patterson....the list is endless.

Conversely - Ben is not into reading at all, unless its non-fiction - then he loves it......is reading a girl thing?
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

MrsG wrote:I love reading and have read sooooo many.....although I have never read anything twice.....

Once I have read a book I either take it into the book swap at work or take it to a charity shop. Ben got me a kindle for my birthday last year and I love it! I am just trying to wind down the books I have on my book shelf at the moment.

In line with all the hype, I am really enjoying the 'fifty shades of grey' series at the moment, although its not everyones cup of tea...My tastes are eclectic and I favour no particular genre - just a book that can hold my attention. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games series and can't wait to read the Game of Thrones set. I love Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen, James Patterson....the list is endless.

Conversely - Ben is not into reading at all, unless its non-fiction - then he loves it......is reading a girl thing?

i think so lucy,
    i just had a look at mine and nicks bedside cabinets as a comparison there are 14 books on my side some read some half read and some to re read i often read 3 books at once as i finish them too quickly, nicks side of the bed has a mountain bike magazine on the floor Favourite books 3462454224 Favourite books 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

I downloaded 50 shades of grey last night and haven't really had chance to get into it yet as I've only read the first chapter but I've heard a lot about it so hope it lives up to expectations ....... if it does what are the names of the follow on books as I've heard there are a few.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

There's only 3 Helen....Fifty Shades Darker & Fifty Shades Freed are the other 2 xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:08 pm

Thank you Lucie
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

I love reading, and like Lucie I have no particular genre that I favour as long as i find the book engaging i'll read it

i bought a kindle and love it but still have a house with far too many books in it lol
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:21 pm

One of my favourite things to do, sadly enough! Is when I know I am going on holiday, I stare at my bookcase for a bit, touching the books, reading the backs and choosing what I will take with me.

I have already chosen those for my weeks holiday in August Embarassed Embarassed
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:34 pm

reading the thread porta potty or not, reminded me of a great book that had me crying with laughter

the tent, the bucket and me

all about the disastrous camping experience of an english family in the 70s

a really good read

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:32 pm