Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
mike
Helen
HIDEHI
7 posters

reply to mike

HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty reply to mike

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:54 pm

A OK MATE, No probs cheers so can i tell others on here were i will be with hidehi dandy, even if it is a ccc meet or keep the ccc meet out of any posts in the future.
    Asking jest incase i put mt foot in it again mate / Mike

Gwil
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

reply to mike Empty Re: reply to mike

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:06 pm

Can I have my tea first as the garlic breads getting crunchy. Shocked
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

HIDEHI wrote:A OK MATE, No probs cheers so can i tell others on here were i will be with hidehi dandy, even if it is a ccc meet or keep the ccc meet out of any posts in the future.

Gwil

I think care must be taken we run a forum for dandy owners have put a considerable amount of time and effort into it,the C&CC are a group any one can join and i have a problem with the forum being used to swell attendance at one of there meets as i would the meets of any other organization its not what the forum is for,occasionally i dont think i would have a problem but too regularly would be different.
    You say yourself the trailer tent folding camper attendance is not that great so on the surface it would look like it could be to bolster that aspect of there rally's,i personally dont see the need to promote there rally's in any way.

mike
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

mike wrote:
    HIDEHI wrote:A OK MATE, No probs cheers so can i tell others on here were i will be with hidehi dandy, even if it is a ccc meet or keep the ccc meet out of any posts in the future.

Gwil

I think care must be taken we run a forum for dandy owners have put a considerable amount of time and effort into it,the C&CC are a group any one can join and i have a problem with the forum being used to swell attendance at one of there meets as i would the meets of any other organization its not what the forum is for,occasionally i dont think i would have a problem but too regularly would be different.
    You say yourself the trailer tent folding camper attendance is not that great so on the surface it would look like it could be to bolster that aspect of there rally's,i personally dont see the need to promote there rally's in any way.

mike

It was not my intension to boost any other orgs rally attendance or promote another org or club, all i had in mind was a way of cheap meeting up of you dandy guys .
    had i realised that i was out of order then i would not have surgested it in the first place. I do understand how much efert has gone into seting up and running this forum. i ran a world wide website for some yrs with over a million members.
    And 300 churches in 30 countries represented
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Thanks for understanding there are a lot of things involved ime not prepared to rake over but it may be best to leave the C&CC out of the equation
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty rely to mike

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

fine no probs 9 days to go and dandy hidehi will be here at home lol, but due to our local bylaws i can not store it at home, so found a local farm to hide it in lol £ but not as bad as the storage i hasd the caravan in that was 20 dearer per month. and they wanted the same price for the dandy storeage , what a LIFE MATE LOL
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

HIDEHI wrote:fine no probs 9 days to go and dandy hidehi will be here at home lol, but due to our local bylaws i can not store it at home, so found a local farm to hide it in lol £ but not as bad as the storage i hasd the caravan in that was 20 dearer per month. and they wanted the same price for the dandy storeage , what a LIFE MATE LOL

We stored ours in a barn that was mouse infested and farms can be as bad but if you think carefully you can make it difficult for the little beggers to get into it we had no problems
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:04 pm

If your going to a C&CC site and would like to meet up with other members of the forum then yes just say, if you want to arrange to meet other members of the forum at a site then that's good too. As Mike says though and our video's also say we don't hold meets with other groups and this is a promise we made to our members when we first started.

To avoid any confusion on here we don't do joint rallies or meets, if family or friends want to tag along with a tent or other unit then thats fine, if an ex Dandy owner who can no longer Dandy wants to come along that's great too as they can offer advice and tips to other dandy owners.

I hope this helps clear things up and that you go ahead and meet up with other owners, as I said I love North Wales and Anglesey and would be very happy to meet with you in that area. I think I may be able to sort something out next year near Llandudno for around £8 per night ....... no EHU though. I would need 15 units attending though so I'll see what interest there is first.

Helen Very Happy
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty reply to helen

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:20 pm

we will be at Aug 23rd - 28th
    Bodnant Caravan Park
    Llanwrst
    Conway 5 Nights if you wish to meet up with my wife gill and i
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:24 pm

We will be at Rhos on Sea but would like to come over for the day to meet you both. Very Happy
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty reply

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

is that a rally at rhos on sea ?? we may join you lol or you can come over meet us at llanrwst.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

No not a rally, just me and my hubby but your very welcome to join us. In fact any member is Very Happy
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty reply

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:08 pm

Give me the info then plse is it the hall site at rhos on sea
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

Yes it is so I guess you know where it is.
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty yes we do

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

Yes went to a rally there last may in the caravan with a retired org that we were members of 3 nites .

what dates are you there ?? , i dont know what the prioces are per pitch as we were there as i say at rally £6 nite. and the org booked it so will have to find it on line to book
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm not sure what they are now but I think it's around £8 per person per night, we have a seasonal pitch there. Very Happy

HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

with dandy ?? or caravan ?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:43 pm

HIDEHI wrote:with dandy ?? or caravan ?

Both Depending on how we feel at the time, who is going with us or which is more convenient, last weekend we stayed in the dandy even though it rained an awful lot lol!

Picture of both our units

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

Hi all.
    In 6 years of camping, we have only ever seen 1 Dandy, and that was about 4 years ago, at the NFOL at Pickering. There was about 2000 unis there, but only 1 Dandy.
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty no see dandy/ and asking helen

Post by HIDEHI Mon 30 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Well in 0ver 25 yrs of camping in veriouse units we have only seen 4 dandy's on sites, never 2 on a site at a time .

seen a lot on the roads geting towed by veriouse sized cars over the yrs more than on sites lol.
    were you on that site in april or may this yr cos we did see a white dandy there in the area behind us on rally field.
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:10 am

Hidehi We saw the only Dandy we have ever seen in Pickering .

Like you, we have seen a couple being towed. but not on sites.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:03 am

You would probably have seen us last year but not this year

The most Dandy's I've seen in one place was at Woodhall Spa ....... 13 all together at the same time cheers

I may not be able to go late August, my daughter is due to have a baby boy the first week in September and her little girl did arrive early. Sorry but I totally forgot the dates until she telephoned this morning and she has started cleaning everything at odd hours already so he may be on his way soon reply to mike 1710857839 reply to mike 1710857839 reply to mike 1710857839

If we do manage to get there we will pop over and see you at Llanwrst.
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty helen reply

Post by HIDEHI Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

Fine hope all goes great with new baby reply to mike 1710857839 , we have 19 grandchildren lol next yr would be better for us to get together hope that more dandy guys fold up reply to mike 2618919104 lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:02 am

This will be our second grandchild and if he is as entertaining as the first we have a lot of pleasure heading our way Very Happy

Next year makes more sense for us with one thing and another, who knows maybe the weather will be better by then lol!
    HIDEHI

reply to mike Empty helen

Post by HIDEHI Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

you said a bad word lol! weather lol! well we live in hope reply to mike 2618919104

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:25 pm