Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
ShaunJUK
sunflowergs
7 posters

Bungee Cord.

sunflowergs

Bungee Cord. Empty Bungee Cord.

Post by sunflowergs Mon 20 May 2013, 4:47 pm

Last week i ordered some new bungee cord for my trailer cover and some white bungee cord for the dandy roof, like a fool i ordered 8mm instead of 6mm. I called the company i ordered from and explained what i'd done and they will replace the 8mm for 6mm no problem. Now that is quality service, i half expected to have to pay for more cord.
    The company i used are called Team wise and they are based in northumberland and do all sorts of cord and fixings at good prices, I paid £17.98 inc del for 10m of black and 10m of white 8mm cord. They have a website and can be emailed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Bungee Cord. Empty Re: Bungee Cord.

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 20 May 2013, 5:05 pm

I paid £5.90 for 10m of black here on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very fast delivery and was good quality.
    sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Wed 22 May 2013, 8:40 am

I did look on ebay shaun,and i could of got it cheaper, but most of the white cords on offer were white with black specks and i wanted blue specks. Instead of hooks through the roof eyelets i'm going to use knots,which someone else used on this site used and it sounds like a good idea. Going south this saturday,probably use the A50 so give us a wave if you see a green berlingo and dandy!!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 May 2013, 8:58 am

If your going to put an awning on the knotted bungee's could be a bit annoying, perhaps knot the rear ones but find another way for the front .... if your never going to bother with an awning it wouldn't matter but they may flap on top of the awning in windy weather and that would really get on your nerves after a while.

Colour co-ordination ...... love it Laughing
    navver

Post by navver Wed 22 May 2013, 6:57 pm

You can use a figure of eight knot which we use as a general purpose stop knot in sailing. It's very quick to tie, very secure and quick & easy to untie no matter how long it's been knotted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Thu 23 May 2013, 7:16 am

Thanks Navver i'll practice that one and give it a go. Helen, i was only going to put bungees on the back as we use the awning. And as for colour co ordination, Absolutely! Very Happy
    johninbyron
    johninbyron

Bungee Cord. Empty bungee cord frayed ends

Post by johninbyron Thu 23 May 2013, 1:31 pm

Bungee cord ,the ends can fray and they can also slip through the knotted ends.
    A little heat shrink tubing can alleviate both problems.
    my Dandy is orange,the tubing comes in all sorts of colours .
    Remember to buy tubing slightly bigger than your bungee Smile

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

blurry ,but you get the idea
    navver

Post by navver Thu 23 May 2013, 1:55 pm

We seal the ends of bungee & ropes with a flame from a cigarette lighter.

With the figure of eight knot it shouldn't slip.

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:10 am

I bought 20 metres of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for £11 delivered to hold down the road cover on my Dandy. Far more than I needed, but I'm sure the rest will come in useful at some time in the future. I went for the 8mm in blue as I hope that it will last longer than the thinner stuff. The ends melted back nicely over a cig lighter flame, but I never even considered using shrink tubing even though I've used it often in the past.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

Shocked Yes 8mm does go through the eyelets, eventually:Shocked, but it does take a lot of effort and next time I would probably go for 6mm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:56 pm