Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

hi all just bought an old green dandy,

samfromcas

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty hi all just bought an old green dandy,

Post by samfromcas Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:08 pm

just picked it up saturday t time,its a 4 berth its green its got an awning . and from what i have read up on it in these dandy forums it could be a very early one from the sixties. put it up ,give it a good clean and its come up loverley good solid thing ,just a few little bits and bobs to sort out but nothing major no cooker and sink unit but i will build my own, will try to put some pics up when i find out how. would love to know its actual age ,is there an id number on it some where.i won it off e bay £78.78 with out seeing it apart from the pictures so i was taking a gamble with it .but i am very happy with it ,and looking forward to getting it sorted to get off camping in it.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty Re: hi all just bought an old green dandy,

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:30 pm

Hello and welcome to our forum, great price ....... I love the green Dandy's Very Happy 
    samfromcas

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty thanks for the welcome,

Post by samfromcas Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:38 pm

i have been busy giving all the pvc a good scrub ,and our lass has been busy making curtains and covers,looking better now.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty Re: hi all just bought an old green dandy,

Post by Helen Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:50 pm

Mine will be having a good scrub tomorrow ready for the meet this weekend, they do come up lovely Very Happy 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:07 am

Hello samfromcas

You cant host photos for 7 days.
    Forum providers rules. You could send photos to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] then tell us that you have sent photos and we will host them for you.
    70's Dandys sloped sided awnings. 60's Dandys vertical sided awnings. Unless the awnings were made for an early Dandy later. First Dandys angle "iron" frame rather than steel tube.
    Went on eBay for completed listings and the newer category of sold listings. Couldn't see any Green Dandys. You could just post the eBay number and we will host the ad and the sale pictures.
    samfromcas

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty hi tow itch

Post by samfromcas Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:16 am

it has vertical awning sides, the ebay number is 321173284967 if this helps thanks,
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:27 am

As in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That is a late sixties/early seventies 4 or 4 1/2 what width is it? The alloy corner brackets point to earlier. They went to brown plastic corner brackets.
    You might find a serial no on the A frame but don't hold your breath.
    How solid are the sides? Most phenolic ply sides are beginning to wilt a bit at the bottom edge (but still serviceable) if yours isn't you have a rare peach.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:31 am

Original green seating and Dunlopillo mattress. Floor covering looks new.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 06 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

Is that a bit of original flooring in the locker and under the kitchen locker. The orange flowery bit.

It does look a very rare find in that condition, well done.
    samfromcas

hi all just bought an old green dandy, Empty flooring

Post by samfromcas Tue 06 Aug 2013, 7:22 pm

do not know what original flooring looks like but it does look like sixties lino.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:31 pm

Hello and hi all just bought an old green dandy, 936075699 samfromcas

Looks like you had a result there.Smile 

There are a lot of similarities between yours (has it a name yet?) and our Phoenix.
    We have the alloy corner trims. We have the square type lights as opposed to the ones with rounded ends, our original ones were the square type too. We also have the wooden supports for the sofa side.

The orange patterned vinyl that has been pointed out is the original flooring. We had the same in ours, but it was beyond saving, especially when our Doby cross went through it and the floor. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:04 am