Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Phoenix
Helen
Sir Henry
navver
mike
Tow Itch
10 posters

Different Type Of Barbecue

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Different Type Of Barbecue Empty Different Type Of Barbecue

Post by Tow Itch Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

Looking at various classified ads when I saw the cheesiest ever non classified ad on UKCampsite.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So found the product it's a quick light or virtually instant barbecue that uses real charcoal. A really good concept, I like to use proper charcoal half the world seems to want to barbecue instantly.

So what is there not to like? Ah yes um from £139.00 to  £319.00 maybe I shouldn't have put this on the bargains page. Pitty it sounds like a great idea I think I'll wait for someone to produce the £19.99 version though.

http://www.thelotusgrill.co.uk/product-category/m-series-sets/

http://www.thelotusgrill.co.uk/product-category/xl-series-sets/
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Different Type Of Barbecue Empty Re: Different Type Of Barbecue

Post by mike Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:15 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Looking at various classified ads when I saw the cheesiest ever non classified ad on UKCampsite.

So found the product it's a quick light or virtually instant barbecue that uses real charcoal. A really good concept, I like to use proper charcoal half the world seems to want to barbecue instantly.

So what is there not to like? Ah yes um from £139.00 to  £319.00 maybe I shouldn't have put this on the bargains page. Pitty it sounds like a great idea I think I'll wait for someone to produce the £19.99 version though.

http://www.thelotusgrill.co.uk/product-category/m-series-sets/

http://www.thelotusgrill.co.uk/product-category/xl-series-sets/
    Perhaps you should have saved it for April 1st affraid 
    navver

Post by navver Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

I think you were welll done there Mr Itch. To be honest I think the Cadac Safari takes some beating. It cooks in so many different ways.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm

navver wrote:I think you were welll done there Mr Itch. To be honest I think the Cadac Safari takes some beating. It cooks in so many different ways.
    I think I would have been "well done" if I "blue" that amount of cash on a barbecue but is is "rare" that you will see me spend that sort of cash.  Have we covered the stake cooking pun jokes now?

I think the Cadac Safari takes some beating. It cooks in so many different ways
    So does a gas cooker but that is not a barbecue either!

Yes I realise that is a bit snotty but I have very firm beliefs that the words gas and barbecue are mutually exclusive.
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:58 pm

Without wanting to have one I can still see some of the advantages of a gas barby

Instant lighting
    almost instant heat
    burns as long as you want
    can be put out when you want
    no ashes to need chucking out after

But where's the flavour of the wood?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 04 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

I prefer a real bbq, although the gas ones are more convenient I still wouldn't have one. Even at home if the weather permits we'll cook a steak outside on the bbq using lumpwood charcoal rather than stick it under the grill ...... it just tastes so much nicer Twisted Evil 

although I like the smell of wood burning whilst it's burning I don't like the smell on my clothes or hair afterwards Embarassed still it's worth it to sit all cosy at the side of a campfire in the evenings. Very Happy 
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 04 Nov 2013, 9:40 pm

We like using our charcoal burning BBQ, but then we are pyromaniacs. affraid lol! 

Its all part of the fun waiting till its ready to cook on supping on a cool beer or glass of wine. Then finding out its nearly gone out and starting again. Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 

A friend of ours has got one of those big gas BBQ's and personally we don't think it tastes as good or is as much fun, you might as well wheel the cooker outside.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:03 am

love real bbq's if you haven't got the charcoal a wonder through woods or beach combing to collect wood just as good and to sit around it late evening is great Embarassed ok I promise not to sing the shark song Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224    

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 12 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm

We think you should do the shark song Caz No's. Different Type Of Barbecue 1705467399 Can't wait. Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 2:32 pm

How about this then, hot water too Shocked 

KB

Different Type Of Barbecue Empty Re. different-type-of-barbecue

Post by KB Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:00 pm

I was looking around for a BBQ which didn't take up much space and wasn't over the top price wise.

I bought one similar to, if not the same as, this one which differs only because of the brand name:

When folded, the BBQ fits into a box measuring approximately 12" x 6" x 1" and you could use the assembled article as a stand for a disposable BBQ. The cooking surface measures 12" x 12" so adequate rather than generous but if the capacity is on the small side you could buy two and they would still take up less room and cost less than some of the equival

It is by some way less expensive than other kit referred to in this thread!

I've not used the BBQ yet, but I have assembled it and it seems capable of doing the job. I think it looks quite natty too. The BBQ got a 5* review from a Millets' Customer but the product is cheaper at Outdoors at Sports Direct. Not noticed any outdoor gear in any of their shops in the retail parks but it may be worth checking in order to save on postage if you have an outlet near you. At £10 for stainless steel it seems quite a bargain - maybe even a stocking filler at that price!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:24 pm

They look really good value, we got a couple of small folding bbq's from Asda this summer ...... mainly because we had forgotten to take ours and wanted a bbq so we opted for a small one that we could leave in the Dandy for chances we forget the large one. So impressed we went back and got another one Laughing 
    neilwragg
    neilwragg

Post by neilwragg Thu 05 Dec 2013, 8:59 am

My Esbit portable bbq has lasted well for several years now, doesnt bend or buckle in the heat and collapses into it's own bag with room for charcoal - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just seen they do a stand now too!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On the right is an old gas can that I use as a stove or heating, it's cooking bread here.

or for a real portable bbq I take a Honey Stove to the beach!  Collect a bit of driftwood and you have noodles and sausages or grilled haloumi!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm

neilwragg wrote:My Esbit portable bbq has lasted well for several years now, doesnt bend or buckle in the heat and collapses into it's own bag with room for charcoal - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just seen they do a stand now too!

On the right is an old gas can that I use as a stove or heating, it's cooking bread here.

or for a real portable bbq I take a Honey Stove to the beach!  Collect a bit of driftwood and you have noodles and sausages or grilled haloumi!

Different Type Of Barbecue 2197500976 our own Bear grylls  awesome  Different Type Of Barbecue 2161515090 where are you camping next ??????? Different Type Of Barbecue 344726530  Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224 Different Type Of Barbecue 3462454224
    neilwragg
    neilwragg

Post by neilwragg Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:35 pm

awesome where are you camping next ???????

not sure but do have a pass for 2nd Jan for a few days, thinking Wales or Norfolk...
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:56 pm

neilwragg wrote:
    awesome   where are you camping next ???????

not sure but do have a pass for 2nd Jan for a few days, thinking Wales or Norfolk...

Looks like it you or us Caz no's.  Different Type Of Barbecue 1705467399

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 12:25 pm