Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Weekend After 1st May Bank Holiday

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Weekend After 1st May Bank Holiday Empty Weekend After 1st May Bank Holiday

Post by Tow Itch Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:22 am

This is a mixed emotion post.

This Was My 2013 Post

Tow Itch wrote:

Thundersprint A Sad Loss

With the mention of Easter I was reviewing a few events that might be worth a camp. Things that add value to camping events by providing a free or low cost spectacle for the campers.
    Being me my focus is normally centred on cars, bikes ,aircraft or steam though I was trying to broaden my horizons with county shows etc unfortunately I came across this.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might be a worthwhile event for a committed petrol head to goto but the joy of Thundersprint in Northwhich was watching motorcyclists racing round Sainsbury's car park juxtapositioned with people who knew nothing about bikes just having a fun day out and sightseeing.
    The car park was a bit limited but the bikes were raced by a mix of rank amateurs, club racers, former world class racers, celebrities and current stars of moto GP (OK moto 3) and superbikes.

As many as 130,000 to see bikes on a car park?

This was the website explination of the show.  http://www.thundersprint.com/first_timers_guide.html

A full page of camping details [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought I'd posted about this at some time in the past but I've not. Photos a plenty on old phones. It was a cracking free two days out because it wasn't just the Thundersprint on the Sunday but the classic bikes on the Saturday. I don't know of the attendance figures on the Sat but bet that it was in excess of 50,000. A truly cracking free show and a great advert for motorcycling.

2011 Programme  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alas from this year to be held on the Anglesey Circuit and they will call it a success if they get more than 25,000. Perhaps better for the racing but I'm upset about the loss of a community event. I can remember the event being on the Three Sisters track near Wigan in the past and I didn't understand it leaving to take place in a car park, hope I'm equally wrong here.

What Happened Last Year

It went to Wales. It pissed it down. Several people got dejected at this and the fact it wasn't the show you got in Northwich. The track was better than Sainsbury's Car Park but there wasn't half or possibly a quarter of the trade stands and there wasn't that open carnival atmosphere of bemused locals just gobsmacked at al sorts of stuff.

Only half way relevant review I could find: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

What Is Changing This Year

It's Off To The Darley Moor Site In Derbyshire

Bad News

It won't be what it was in Northwich

Good News

There was no inclusive camping in Northwhich

It's never going to be what it was in Northwich but I remember it before Northwich when it was held at Three Sisters in Wigan and I wondered how it could then be held on a car park. So maybe something is possible.

Despite the wonderment Frank Meling saw in Anglesey a new wonderment has been Found at Darley Moor. Which is more central England.

Apparently there has been a bigger rider sign up for this year.

It's the one motorsport event you can go to if you have a dog.

The camping is £15 per unit for the weekend. Not quite sure from figures if that includes one weekend event pass too but those are £5.00 each.

Anyone interested.

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 11:28 am