Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
navver
mike
Sparkles
7 posters

New to Dandy and camping!

Sparkles

New to Dandy and camping! Empty New to Dandy and camping!

Post by Sparkles Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

Hi everyone.

Found this website by chance. Just been to a caravan retailer last week looking for a used trailer tent when we saw a Dandy Destiny 1985 Folding Camper. I'd never seen one before, but it was within my budget and i loved the idea that it wasn't canvas, so i paid the deposit and now just have to raise the remaining £1500 to pay for it. It costs £1995, which is probably over the odds because it is from a retailer, however it only had 1 previous owner and has been looked after so well.

It doesn't come with an awning, so i'm looking for ideas of what to use. Will be having a look around this site. I'm told MoveliteXL is a good way to go?

Anyway, off to have a look about the site. Can't wait to try the camper out with my husband and 3 kids! So excited! (Maybe a little too excited, lol)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New to Dandy and camping! Empty Re: New to Dandy and camping!

Post by mike Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:51 pm

Sparkles wrote:Hi everyone.

Found this website by chance. Just been to a caravan retailer last week looking for a used trailer tent when we saw a Dandy Destiny 1985 Folding Camper. I'd never seen one before, but it was within my budget and i loved the idea that it wasn't canvas, so i paid the deposit and now just have to raise the remaining £1500 to pay for it. It costs £1995, which is probably over the odds because it is from a retailer, however it only had 1 previous owner and has been looked after so well.

It doesn't come with an awning, so i'm looking for ideas of what to use. Will be having a look around this site. I'm told MoveliteXL is a good way to go?

Anyway, off to have a look about the site. Can't wait to try the camper out with my husband and 3 kids! So excited! (Maybe a little too excited, lol)

New to Dandy and camping! 1217042266  and  New to Dandy and camping! 1428739134 
    navver

Post by navver Thu 10 Apr 2014, 6:14 pm

Hi Sparkles and welcome to the site and the world of PVC.

Which destiny have you got. The 1985 ones were brown and from 1987 on or thereabouts they changed to light blue and white. The brown ones were called a Dandy 6 and the light blue and whites a dandy Lowside.

By 1995 they were called Destiny High Side and had a built in fridge. Which one have you got.

This thread should help with awning ideas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have a Designer with just a sun canopy, but have an undebed skirt for outside storage. There are only 2 of us but if you have 3 kids an awning will be useful.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:55 pm

Hello and  New to Dandy and camping! 936075699 Sparkles

You won't regret buying a Dandy.  Very Happy 
    But beware they can become addictive.  lol! 
    Have you thought of a name yet?

As and when you can don't forget we love pictures here.  New to Dandy and camping! 184121345
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:10 pm

Another Destiny owner! Yay ... welcome to the (sub) club  cheers 

That's a good price for one that's been well looked after. Age is pretty irrelevant with Dandys - in fact the older ones are better built in some respects.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures in due course.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 11 Apr 2014, 7:49 am

Congratulations and welcome, Dandy's are amazing ...... especially when you first see inside one  Very Happy seems that lots of people find Dandy's because they saw one somewhere by chance and were hooked  New to Dandy and camping! 184121345 

New to Dandy and camping! 2716414575 
    Newtonheath1878

New to Dandy and camping! Empty Hi

Post by Newtonheath1878 Fri 11 Apr 2014, 8:43 am

We are picking our Destiny up this week cant wait to use it.

Dandy community very helpful, lots of info on site and advice from members.
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:07 am

navver wrote:Hi Sparkles and welcome to the site and the world of PVC.

Which destiny have you got. The 1985 ones were brown and from 1987 on or thereabouts they changed to light blue and white. The brown ones were called a Dandy 6 and the light blue and whites a dandy Lowside.

By 1995 they were called Destiny High Side and had a built in fridge. Which one have you got.

This thread should help with awning ideas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have a Designer with just a sun canopy, but have an undebed skirt for outside storage. There are only 2 of us but if you have 3 kids an awning will be useful.

Hi.... I said 1985 but I think I ment 1995? Its light blue and has a built in fridge so I'm guessing its a Destiny High Side?

Thanks for the link. Will be having a through read through later  Very Happy 

Sparkles xx
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

Phoenix wrote:Hello and  New to Dandy and camping! 936075699 Sparkles

You won't regret buying a Dandy.  Very Happy 
    But beware they can become addictive.  lol! 
    Have you thought of a name yet?

As and when you can don't forget we love pictures here.  New to Dandy and camping! 184121345

Until looking last week I didn't even know this type of camper existed so I'm VERY excited and possibly already addicted. If you could see my search history on my laptop you would laugh  lol! 

Once i've paid the remaining balance i will be posting some pics. I have full intentions of recovering the inside and doing some curtains so i'll be sure to post before and after photos  Very Happy 

Sparkles xx
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:13 am

peridot wrote:
    Another Destiny owner! Yay ... welcome to the (sub) club  cheers 

That's a good price for one that's been well looked after. Age is pretty irrelevant with Dandys - in fact the older ones are better built in some respects.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures in due course.

Thanks for such a warm welcome!  Very Happy 

Its a 1995 I think, not a 1985 as I first said. But still a decent age.

Sparkles xx
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:14 am

Helen wrote:Congratulations and welcome, Dandy's are amazing ...... especially when you first see inside one  Very Happy seems that lots of people find Dandy's because they saw one somewhere by chance and were hooked  New to Dandy and camping! 184121345 

New to Dandy and camping! 2716414575 

Yep! This was us.... I saw it by pure chance, looked inside and was completely impressed. So much space! Paid the deposit a couple of hours later after doing some quick research online.  Very Happy 

Sparkles xx
    Sparkles

Post by Sparkles Fri 11 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

Newtonheath1878 wrote:We are picking our Destiny up this week cant wait to use it.

Dandy community very helpful, lots of info on site and advice from members.

Ohh how exciting! Hope you have a great 1st time away in it. I've discovered how helpful the community already is. Your all so lovely, hence an individual reply to everyone.

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.

Sparkles xx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:38 pm