Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Out new, old Dandy.

warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Out new, old Dandy. Empty Out new, old Dandy.

Post by warbird01uk Wed 21 May 2014, 6:17 pm

Since bringing it back from Poole last week I've been looking at the trailer as to what needs doing to it for the rest of this year. I've repainted the trailer in Burgundy rather than keeping the faded Blue, today I repaired the door fold up hinge & added a support under where the cooker/sink unit fits so that the cooker block no longer rocks about! We will in the next few days be making up some new curtains as these are well past their sell by date. I will, at the end of the summer (hope we have one this year!) be using the chassis for my Teardrop project. this Dandy chassis is ideal for what I want, just about 5' wide & with brakes!
    I will keep you up to date with the progress once I start. It will be having a Steam punk theme so we thought we would name it the Dandy Highwayman.

Don't know why the email address was in there! sorry, I have removed it  Cool 

Last edited by warbird01uk on Sun 25 May 2014, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Out new, old Dandy. Empty Re: Out new, old Dandy.

Post by Helen Wed 21 May 2014, 9:15 pm

Hope you know to take the parts your not using off very carefully as they will sell as spares  Out new, old Dandy. 3498837457 
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Post by warbird01uk Wed 21 May 2014, 9:34 pm

Good idea, thanks Helen Out new, old Dandy. 115684958 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 21 May 2014, 9:49 pm

Good original Dandy parts are becoming increasingly difficult to find, I've seen the roof sell, the walls sell, the windows sell and doors too and that's besides the interior stuff and even the roof bars would come in handy for someone Twisted Evil 
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 21 May 2014, 11:43 pm

Out new, old Dandy. 9639063 can't see the link won't work  Out new, old Dandy. 143088812  I agree with Helen the guts of a dandy is like hens teeth and the skin can help with repairs as they are easy to swap
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Post by warbird01uk Sun 25 May 2014, 7:38 pm

Once I decide what will be available I'll make a list, I think everything apart from the chassis & trailer metal framework will be there, all the tent & frames are in good condition In fact its all in good condition! seems a bit of a shame to take it apart really but its not too easy finding a small braked chassis!
    navver

Post by navver Sun 25 May 2014, 9:47 pm

Will the chassis be big enough for a teardrop. I think you'll have a double bed and that will be it. I guess you could keep the bed which folds to a settee somehow
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Post by warbird01uk Mon 26 May 2014, 11:17 am

navver wrote:Will the chassis be big enough for a teardrop. I think you'll have a double bed and that will be it. I guess you could keep the bed which folds to a settee somehow

The idea behind the small teardrops is that it is just a sleeping pod on wheels with a rear hatch where the cooking is done which is just above the occupant's feet when they are sleeping. I have an enclosed 3m x 3m awning that will fix to the side of the teardrop for the living area.
    G
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm

Tear drops are so cool, I'm looking forward to your thread about the build of it. And your Dandy will repair/save others.  Out new, old Dandy. 2170595768 
    warbird01uk
    warbird01uk

Post by warbird01uk Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

Well, an update on what we are doing with our Dandy, We are keeping it as it is! as you know we were going to convert it into a teardrop but having used it for the first time this weekend down at the Chickerel Steam & Vintage show we were knocked out by how comfortable it was!! I even got the water working! so we are now going to be looking for the awning bit that fits on the front. I will still be looking for some bigger wheels as it tows behind the Smart a little nose high so if I can get a pair of Marina wheels that should raise it a bit. There was another Dandy at the show, a Dandy 4 which looked great, they had owned it for about 4 years. It was nice to have a look around another one. So there we are, Its a keeper!
     Out new, old Dandy. 2792229418
    Ours yesterday...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:08 pm

That's excellent news. We toyed with the idea about a teardrop, but found the Dandy to fit the bill much better - and is suitable to all weather camping.  Out new, old Dandy. 3498837457 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:56 pm