Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Mid September Camping

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Mid September Camping  Empty Mid September Camping

Post by Tow Itch Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm

I'm being a bit vague about this as a post I made about camping at two possible venues ended up being on the 1st page of a Google search about that event for a couple of months.
    You might think "Well the more the merrier if you are promoting an event" but I'm not exactly promoting the event(s) in this case more just making members aware.
    I was away camping last weekend. Regular readers will know where I go for the last weekend in June or the 1st or 2nd weekend in July depending on the vagaries of the Formula One calendar. Those who don't know can look at my previous camping posts.

So what I am mentioning (or avoiding mentioning) are two events one mid Sept the other one at a date to be confirmed in June or July next year.
    I've always said that in exchange for two hours per day helping a charity I could sort free entrance to these events. Things have moved on a bit and I can now offer free camping as well. The camping has exceedingly clean toilet and shower facilities but there is no electric hook up.
    The September event also requires you to dress in suitable costume as well but that ads to the theater of the weekend.

Caz Numbers who many of you may know will be present in Sept in conjunction with 2(?) of her sisters also with Dandys. Caz who normally attends the Sept show came along for the first time to the June show last week.
    Caz has not disappeared off the face of the earth but has had terminal computer problems for months and only occasionally visits here courtesy of her phone. However she has assured me that she will be replacing the said computer. So stand by for more tales of manic dog walking in darkest Wales.

To explain why I'm being so evasive. If you look at the two events I'm (not) mentioning, the cost of tickets for the weekend for 2 and camping would be in excess of £450.00. Hence I'm trying to avoid mentioning the events, seeing this highlighted in Google and the Dandy Campers being suddenly swamped by new members who are only interested in free event tickets.

Though my mention of any event is normally the kiss of death for interest in the said event I will if popular limit this to the first 4 or 5 members and allow it to grow if things work out well. I'm very conscious of not wanting to take advantage of the charity or promise "n" number of volunteers and it all go wrong.

Please at least one person reply to confirm I've written something that can be understood with a little bit of back reading and not just a load of unintelligible drivel.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Mid September Camping  Empty Re: Mid September Camping

Post by Helen Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:48 pm

Hi Kevin, as you know things sometimes get lost in translation between us but even I can understand cheers

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:41 pm