Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Damaged Jockey Wheel

Joanna Hayward

Damaged Jockey Wheel Empty Damaged Jockey Wheel

Post by Joanna Hayward Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:20 am

Hiya,
    I need to purchase a replacement Jockey Wheel for our 1999 Dandy Designer. Can anyone suggest where I start looking please?
    Many Thanks
    Joanna
    Sanjo

Damaged Jockey Wheel Empty Re: Damaged Jockey Wheel

Post by Sanjo Sat 22 Aug 2015, 3:33 pm

Hello Joanne. ~Is it just a basic wheel and stem? you want.
    Amazon do them, Go outdoors, Ebay, Indespension, Tow sure etc
    Perhaps do a local search so you can save post and packing.
    Or ask on the facebook page. Somebody may have a spare if they've changed theirs
    navver

Post by navver Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm

They are pretty cheap and you can get the whole thing. Just unscrew the lever which clamps it in place and thee whole unit comes out.

You need to measure the diameter of the tube as this is what is usually quoted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Damaged Jockey Wheel Empty Think about a pneumatic wheel as a replacement

Post by ChrisP Sun 23 Aug 2015, 10:58 am

If you go to sites where you have to haul the Dandy over grass by hand, having an air filled tyre on the jockey wheel really helps, especially after rain when the grass is soft. It is also good if the ground is bumpy.

They seem to come with a 48mm diameter. On my '85 4/5 I had to fit a new clamp to accommodate this, but when I switched it over to my '88 4, the original clamp was already the correct size. If you are switching anyway, the extra cost for the pneumatic version is not that much. Mine was about £30 with the clamp.

There is a thread on this forum about them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which also contains a link to the one I bought.

and this is a picture from that thread showing the wheel and clearance once fitted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm