Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Roof Racks

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Roof Racks  Empty Roof Racks

Post by Tow Itch Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

Dear All

Especially Nick and Vicky

I seem to remember you asking questions about roof racks. (With a view to mounting mountain bikes???)

Well i had seen one but couldn't think hot to explain the arrangement, however now through the wonders of ebay.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As you can see this is mounted on a Destiny. I think the five cross bars are a bit too deep but three could be excellent for bikes or roof boxes.

These were or are made by Dandy though I don't know Ian's position on making more.

Kevin.
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Roof Racks  Empty Re: Roof Racks

Post by vickoir Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

i have spoken to ian about making one of these when we had the delta but he seemed a little reluctant as he was saying about encouraging people to overload etc
    and i know i would so we have shelved the idea for now and are just getting a great big truck instead for bikes cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:57 am

Hope Helen doesn't see this Very Happy,on the smaller dandy's i guess over loading could be a risk,you could always uprate the suspension though,with the six i have 250kg luggage capacity so a couple of bikes would be ok.

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 06 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Dear All

You also often see these on Conway trailer tents.
    Indeed the Conways are of the same orientation as Dandys, don't know about the sizes though.

Then if your interested further. NB. This is nothing to do with the above illustration.

Not item specific. Go to classifieds, sales, accesories.

Kevin.

Looking at the photo above I would be interested if that is how Conway make their Roof Bars.

The ones made by Dandy had the upright "Sliders" in larger diameter tubes riveted to the walls.

As the Conway steadies are of the same style as Dandys this just looks like the top foot has been ground out and a sliding tube introduced???

Any ideas?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 6:19 am