Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Are the sites getting fuller

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Are the sites getting fuller Empty Are the sites getting fuller

Post by mike Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:55 am

There has been comment on some camping forums that the sites are fuller than previous years and its getting more difficult to get on your first choice,any body noticed this i cant say i have but i use cls most of the time that could be why.
    Lots of the new campers will give it up after this year lets be honest its not been the best year for camping during the school holidays, i suppose there will be a new batch of first timers next year who are looking for a cheaper holliday.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Are the sites getting fuller Empty Re: Are the sites getting fuller

Post by Eilis Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:15 am

although i haven't had problems getting onto any sites i have noticed ones i've used before are definitely busier and some places are tempted to pack them in too close together Sad

you're prob right that this will put people off and given that we had about 4 thunderstorms yesterday one after the other with torrential rain pretty much all day i don't think many campers would be happy campers if they weren't under pvc lol
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:17 am

I think one problem for the new camper is the all in kits ie tent sleeping bags chairs ect at cheap prices they often just dont meet the needs of uk camping.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 28 Aug 2011, 7:55 am

that's a really good point, you don't realise how much the temperature drops in the UK at night even at summer and nothing worse than being cold at night.

plus if you are under canvas and it rains like it did yesterday, that's not fun and with minimal kit like you get from Halfords and Argos, you'd just want to pack up and go
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:46 pm

One of the sites we have visited for many years is getting busier and busier.......... we can really see the difference and it seems to have started over the past 4 years or so. Camping has become more popular but we have met lots of people who got a deal that included sleeping bags and air beds ( helped them to put the tents up )and they have been half frozen in the mornings and had to go out and buy duvets or better sleeping bags and many have just packed up and gone home saying 'never again'.

For some it's the new trend and it will pass, for others it's the only way to get away for a few days or give the kids a holiday because of the recession.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:09 am