Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Sleeping bags

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Sleeping bags Empty Sleeping bags

Post by Helen Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

I spent years making my Dandy bed up to look neat and tidy ........... I even tucked in the sheets and blankets every morning but finally decided to use a sleeping bag. I no longer put a sheet on, I simply throw a double sleeping bag on the bed and then chuck a duvet over the top to make it look a little nicer. On the plus side I am warm and toasty inside the bag with a duvet on top too and in the mornings I just tidy it up a bit instead of having to sort out sheets. Very Happy I use a single duvet on my bed as it's big enough to hide the sleeping bag. cheers
    Cazz
    Cazz

Sleeping bags Empty Re: Sleeping bags

Post by Cazz Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:28 am

We used to use sleeping bags in our campervan, but they proved a pain to wash, we now use a single duvet on the bottom and a double duvet on the top, all we need do now is wash the covers. Very Happy

But as we now have a Dandy and a non practical towing car with regards bulky luggage, we are back to using the sleeping bags in the Dandy because they pack up really small compared to the duvets. Rolling Eyes

Do you ever get the feeling we are going round in circles? scratch
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:24 am

i quite like the sound of the two duvets, very toasty Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:36 am

cazz wrote:We used to use sleeping bags in our campervan, but they proved a pain to wash, we now use a single duvet on the bottom and a double duvet on the top, all we need do now is wash the covers. Very Happy

But as we now have a Dandy and a non practical towing car with regards bulky luggage, we are back to using the sleeping bags in the Dandy because they pack up really small compared to the duvets. Rolling Eyes

Do you ever get the feeling we are going round in circles? scratch

I'm always going round in circles lol!

I leave the single duvets on the beds when I fold the dandy and my sleeping bags zip away into two manageable halves to wash but have you tried using vaccum bags and a 12v air bed pump.......... you can reverse them to suction, so you could make the double duvets smaller for transporting.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

That's an idea, we have one of those pumps. We just need a power supply for it, our power pack might not have enough power left in it by the end the weekend away. A motor bike battery or similar should do it. :-)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

We just plug it into the car, don't know if you can do with your classic though Question
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:01 pm

helen wrote:We just plug it into the car, don't know if you can do with your classic though Question

The camper has a 12 volt socket, no problem there. The Type 3 runs on 6 volt Shocked A smoke alarm has more volts, lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:26 pm