Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock

Wendy100

Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock  Empty Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock

Post by Wendy100 Sun 13 May 2012, 7:26 pm

Hi All, Just after some advice please Very Happy (am sure this is the first of many!)
    I would like to get sleeping pods (Like you have in tents) for the kids bed (for a bit of privacy really Laughing ) and wondered if anyone knew if you can get these and what size I would need for our lovely new Dandy 5 (Milo's twin!!).
    Also there is no key for the door and wondered if we could get one cut or is it a case of having to get a new lock?
    Wendy Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock  Empty Re: Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock

Post by Caz1960 Sun 13 May 2012, 7:33 pm

sleeping pods? do you mean curtains to section off the areas I found using shower curtain rings works well on the roof rails then any curtain that has loops or tags to accommodate the rings flower
    Wendy100

Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock  Empty Re: Sleeping Pods for Dandy 5 & New Lock

Post by Wendy100 Sun 13 May 2012, 7:59 pm

Very Happy am looking more for pods that can be zipped... am sure my friend had these in her TT (not Dandy) and they looked great Cool Great idea re the shower curtain, that might be an idea if i cant get hold of any full pods, thanks! :-)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 13 May 2012, 9:23 pm

Not sure how you remove the outer handle (from the older Dandys) but if you remove the inner lock you can see the tang of the lock. I can't remember which way round between newer and older locks but one has a paper tag and the other an inked number. Get the number and it's just a matter of calling Ian Smith at Riva for a spare key.

Zipped pods get your tape measure out. I think the pods from Conway are larger but they will be closest to fitting. I have a set that I was going to try out in an attempt to winterise my old Green Un by other means.
    Buy cheap from someone breaking a Conway or contact Tent Valeting Services either to buy an ex Conway fitment or for them to make up a pod, or find a suitable seamstress.
    Wendy100

Post by Wendy100 Thu 24 May 2012, 5:04 am

Can you belive the Dandy riva garage is 5 mins from where I live??!!! I will nip in today to ask about the key... thanking you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:14 pm