Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Claire

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Claire Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

yeah i think im going to wait a bit

thanx
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Tow Itch Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:46 am

£2.5K you could be looking at a light blue Destiny Highside for that sort of money if you didn't mind towing the extra bulk.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

You could but I suppose it depends on storing something that big too.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

Quoting myself to 'bump' this
    helen wrote:

Bargain this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 28 Oct 2011, 7:14 am

an absolute bargain that one Helen, if I had £600 to spare i'd get it myself and get a different awning to give the extra space Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

Just found this in trailer tents may be a bargain at £250

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:44 am

that looks really good i'd def contact the seller for more info and look at snapping that up Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 06 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

A Review

As some might know I'm a touch cynical about ebay sellers

Tow Itch wrote: Any one Notice this nice little double act.

Read the description on this one. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did you get to the bit that said:
    I was most impressed with it, the style,the technology and how simple everything is!-well thought out design, so much so that I am selling it as I have now up graded to a newer Delta

Now would that be this or did he find another one and this is the lessor of the two? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If for whatever reasons I was selling two Dandys at the same time I'd say something.

It being drawn to my attention I might be too cynical (is that possible?) I sent an email to the vendor.

Tow Itch wrote: As stated I did post a question:

Questions from other members : 1998 RARE ALL WHITE DANDY DELTA PLUS AWNING FOLDING CARAVAN/TRAILER TENT
    Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Been looking at this ad and the ad for the brown Dandy. Also noticed the line. "I was most impressed with it, the style,the technology and how simple everything is!-well thought out design, so much so that I am selling it as I have now up graded to a newer Delta" So did you fall out of love with Dandys? Get a better one still? I tend to be a bit suspicious of ebay ads, but realise that there can be innocent explanations. Not really got a bag if you trade, just like to know upfront. Bet I'm not the only one who's noticed you might have buyers giving you the swerve for no good reason. So what's the story. Oh it's hard to tell with white Dandys. Is this winterised? 14-Oct-11
    A: Hi, nothing sinister! I bought the Brown Dandy to try them out to see if they were suitable for our needs, and yes it is.(didn't want to spend much money just in case it wasn't.) The white one came up locally and we liked the colour scheme better, and it is 10 years younger. It is still a Dandy and is almost identical. One of them has to go for the space. The white one is not winterised, but I don't think it makes that much difference as there is little plastic that is not "double skinned" anyway. I don't mind which one we keep.

Now I don't know if I'm unduly cynical about things but I just don't get this.
    If I were to have purchased a Dandy then thought about purchasing a newer one.
    NB I am actually in that position at the moment.
    I can't see how I could spend, say twice what the first one cost on a replacement then be ambivalent as to which one I kept?
    I could just about see the position occurring if I wasn't bothered about up rating and a Dandy fell into my possession cheaply.
    In that case I might think. "Do I keep the nicer one or do I make more money from selling it?"
    Don't suppose any of it matters if it's a good deal, and £1,700 for a non winterised Delta with a non original awning wouldn't have me running for the phone.

If you view the completed listings [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    and

You will have spotted he sold them both.
    Believe it or not this isn't a crowing "I Told You So" there are times I'd quite like to be wrong.
    I was quite pleased the first only raised £900 instead of the originally posted £1,700.

On a more upbeat note
    Looks still to be for sale and possibly a bargain.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 06 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

Looks like it may be insulated but the middle cupboard is missing.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 06 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

mike wrote:Looks like it may be insulated but the middle cupboard is missing.

Which one? The Blue Dart with inboard wheels?

I've seen this ad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's not the problems I've got viewing Gumtree at the moment that are slowing me from enquiring about this, more my less than cordial relations with some of the residents of the Bournemouth area. Remember "Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles"?

Would anyone else like to request details and photos they could then post?
    Before anyone asks. Yes I do realise I'm a craven coward.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 06 Nov 2011, 5:00 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

It's not the problems I've got viewing Gumtree at the moment that are slowing me from enquiring about this, more my less than cordial relations with some of the residents of the Bournemouth area. Remember "Dodgy Dandy Does Different Domiciles"?

Any thing for you Kevin have just done it

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

mike

No reply yet obviously not in a hurry to sell
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

mike wrote:
    mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

mike

No reply yet obviously not in a hurry to sell

Still nothing
    jase
    jase

Post by jase Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:15 pm

Could one of you please have a quick look at this dandy for me please,is it worth the money? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 143088812
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:21 pm

This is an absolute bargain, wonder if it's still for sale Jase.

jase
    jase

Post by jase Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

its a bit too far away,bout4-5 hours.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:33 pm

Think its one Kevin linked to,the centre cupboards are missing though,but still looks good
    jase
    jase

Post by jase Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:58 pm

No not that one this one 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 143088812 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:26 pm

jase wrote:No not that one this one 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 143088812 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No

It looks like a nice dandy but IMO its well over priced yes it has a heater and other bits done but still not worth that much as i say Imo.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

It only says sun canopy so no awning will take a stab at £1200 max well that would be my limit and it would have to be good
    jase
    jase

Post by jase Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:46 pm

jase wrote:No not that one this one 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 14 143088812 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    thanks
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:54 pm

mike wrote:

No

It looks like a nice dandy but IMO its well over priced yes it has a heater and other bits done but still not worth that much as i say Imo.

mike

To be fair to the seller i thought i should add the price they are asking they will consider fair due to the heater and upholstery,but like lots of things money spent on an item doesn't always reflect in its sale value,that's is the problem when spending on some thing.

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

and no mention of awning either maybe if they would come down a bit in price as does look very nice
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

jase wrote:
    thanks

Jase

It all depends on whats important to you.
    Just had a brief look and I can't find you setting out a wish list, or requisites that the Dandy needs to do.
    Do you need or want the insulation, bearing in mind that the Dandy is warmer than a trailer tent anyway?
    What is the trade off for an awning as against a canopy for you?
    It's near or just beyond what you would get in resale even at the best time of year.
    If you fancy it you might get some movement as it was listed as a private add somewhere, as I remember linking to this Preloved add which is trade.

Freeads seem to have reappeared.
    Nice looking Discovery, not winterised no heater.
    Very honest listing as 1989 (must be one of the first blue and white)
    If interested the phone no is 01202570503 the mobile listed is his daughters. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Couple in their 70's just sounds like it's getting a bit much for them. I phoned to see if it was winterised, if it had of been I would not have been posting this.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

this one looks good and although it's not winterised, it looks like an absolute bargain Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 7:17 am