Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

back_to_the_boats

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 Empty timing is everything!

Post by back_to_the_boats Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:21 am

We have just started looking for a small dandy, the super looking one at Plymouth went just before we decided to go for a trailer tent because the floor is a long way down and getting more difficult to rise from affraid Fitting a tow bar to the car then will be hunting the snark in the south west corner. any you spot shoo our way please.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:29 am

We always look out for Dandys for sale, hope you find one soon we will post any that we do see. It is without a doubt far easier than getting off an air bed on the floor.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Krist0n Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

And could you shoo the BIG ones this way please bounce
    Regarding the "getting off the floor from an inflatable mattress, have you ever tried the same, but with a HALF INFLATED mattress lol. That one should be on "The Cube".
    Regards.
    Kriston
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:59 am

k.zissler wrote:And could you shoo the BIG ones this way please bounce
    Regarding the "getting off the floor from an inflatable mattress, have you ever tried the same, but with a HALF INFLATED mattress lol. That one should be on "The Cube".
    Regards.
    Kriston

Always used to find mine was half inflated in the morning no matter how much air i put in it.
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Thu 10 Nov 2011, 5:13 am

back_to_the_boats wrote:We have just started looking for a small dandy, the super looking one at Plymouth went just before we decided to go for a trailer tent because the floor is a long way down and getting more difficult to rise from affraid Fitting a tow bar to the car then will be hunting the snark in the south west corner. any you spot shoo our way please.

Just found one on ebay. Too small for us though. I can't post the link, it wont let me.

It doesn't have mattresses, but it does have an awning apparantly.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 10 Nov 2011, 5:16 am

k.zissler wrote:
    back_to_the_boats wrote:We have just started looking for a small dandy, the super looking one at Plymouth went just before we decided to go for a trailer tent because the floor is a long way down and getting more difficult to rise from affraid Fitting a tow bar to the car then will be hunting the snark in the south west corner. any you spot shoo our way please.

Just found one on ebay. Too small for us though. I can't post the link, it wont let me.

The forum has a 7 day wait for posting links and pictures after you join,nothing to do with us sorry
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 10 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

mike wrote:
    k.zissler wrote:

The forum has a 7 day wait for posting links and pictures after you join,nothing to do with us sorry

You could post the ebay item number, until the 7 days has past.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:00 am

Here it is Kriston a Dandy 4/5 with no mattresses

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:15 am

Looking through the pictures. Particularly the fourth and second from last. This looks like a 5 to me.
    back_to_the_boats

Post by back_to_the_boats Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

One of the support legs looks odd propped up with a stone? Is the tape
    on the inside of the wheel arch normal or a leak patch?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:45 am

I think it looks like someone has used laminate look lino on the floor and then possibly used an edging strip or tape around the edge of the wheel arch to finish it off. Must admit I thought it looked as though there was cardboard covering the wheel at first then I looked a bit closer lol! It doe's look like its leg is propped by a stone or brick........... could be that the leg screw has broke/missing or for some reason they couldn't tighten it, an easy fix if it is.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

back_to_the_boats wrote:One of the support legs looks odd propped up with a stone? Is the tape

Though the Dandy is pitched on a sloping drive (see stone behind tyre[see also applied handbrake] asses brakes!) it can be seen that the front (hitch end) is further raised to allow one of the rear supports to sit on stones. Vertical sliding "foot" missing.
    Is the tape

Could just be stripped carpet? Ask the vendor along with other deal breaking questions if it's a long way to go to view.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

It is edging on the wheel arch as it matches the finish of the cupboard doors.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

helen wrote:It is edging on the wheel arch as it matches the finish of the cupboard doors.

No doubt just slow to post so yours had already appeared, and too lazy to edit. Thought the important bit of my message was to ask and go through important bits before long trip to view. Or as not said if close view anyway just to get a feel for Dandys in general.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To clarify the message)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Couldn't agree more Kevin as that leg really does need some questions asking 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 3498837457
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

mike wrote:
    mike wrote:
    jase wrote:No not that one this one 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 143088812 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No

It looks like a nice dandy but IMO its well over priced yes it has a heater and other bits done but still not worth that much as i say Imo.

mike

To be fair to the seller i thought i should add the price they are asking they will consider fair due to the heater and upholstery,but like lots of things money spent on an item doesn't always reflect in its sale value,that's is the problem when spending on some thing.

mike

Never noticed before its a trade sale, that would explain the price
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 11 Nov 2011, 6:57 pm

i have just noticed the bag of awning poles under the wing too!!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

How deep is a canopy as against an awning?
    I've only seen a strange set up with an awning and a sun canopy but the canopy was only about 31/2 feet deep.
    If it's deep enough I presume a sun canopy can become an awning if sides were added.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:32 am

A dandy sun Canopy is the same width as a dandy awning and we did manage to put together some sides for ours that we attached to the canopy frame, the problem is sorting the front out yourself and I'm not sure getting it done professionally would be cost effective.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:20 pm

Its been a while since we had no dandys for sale on ebay
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:13 pm

Destiny for sale.
    Highside or 6 type???
    It's on Craigslist which though I can't explain why I've always been wary of.
    Do'h it says 3 way fridge so it's a highside.
    Good price then.

Subsequently I've remembered questions being posed about a Dandy on Craigslist.
    Further communication with the vendor were thus:

hi there

i'm based in Lerwick,Shetland if this isn't a problem for you i can send you some pictures

thanks

As I said I'm not personally looking to buy the Destiny. I'm in fact looking for a Discovery/Designer. I'll gladly forward any photos to our forum. Why don't you do a descriptive piece for our for "For Sale" section as the bit in Craigslist is a bit sparse.

Kevin

hi again

here are some pictures,if you can add 180 pounds to my asking price,i can send it anywhere in the world,regarding the payment i would like to use bank transfers.
    so if you are interested drop me an email

thanks

Daisy

As you may recall I suggested you produce a little piece about the Dandy for a forum I contribute to.

I would definitely suggest something along that line as another Dandy forum carries a thread listing lost communication with a person wanting to sell a Dandy through Craigslist (London) and living in the Shetlands. This occurred in the January of 2011.

i.e "i emailed the seller on craiglist regarding a Designer last year,he said he was in the shetlands,when i emailed again asking why the postcode was a london postcode i had no reply.
    The photo looked like it was taken next to a new build house,not what i would expect to see on the shetland islands.It may be legit and he may just own a number of Dandys,just seems odd"

"I also have had a reply... I have a friend on the Shetlands, and have let him know that transport is not an issue and my friend would check first.. So far no reply back
    It is possible that this thread could be being watched, so going to move it into the members area..."

So Daisy given others issues and the fact you wish to trade by bank transfer and offer carriage for £180 I'm having to list a caution on the link to your add in our forum.

I'd love for all this to be in error please feel free to contact me further or post on the forum.

Kevin

As always I do hope this is a genuine sale. Particularly a Destiny at this price would be a bargain.
    Some of the photos I received are not just sterile library pictures. I do hope for further communication and that this is genuine.
    If I receive no further communication I'll offer up the photos to see if anyone can recognise them.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Email Communication With Vendor)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

Think Sherlock Kevin Very Happy could easy be right about this,it does sound a lot like one that was on sale last year and then again a few months later,as we say may be a genuine good buy but any one chasing it should make sure and in my opinion go to collect and pay cash on collection

mike
    clydestyle

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 Empty Older Dandy £150!!

Post by clydestyle Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

Hi All,
    Might be worth a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regards

Mikey
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 15 2702329197 £150.

OMG, shame the 6 of us wont fit in lol.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:15 pm

This in Ebay, Trailer Tents.

Dear crunchieboy33,

Do you have any photos?
    You mention a toilet tent and other extras, no mention of an awning. Do you have an awning?
    Standard external wheel Delta or one of the rare inboard wheel ones?
    It has a heater, some were "winterised" they had the heater and the walls were double thickness, the same as the roof. Is yours single skin or winterised?
    Condition questions; The floor is solid? There are no cuts or nicks in the PVC? The drawbar and brakes work?
    Thanks in anticipation for the time taken to reply

Kevin

yes there is an awning, Standard external wheel, single skin, no cuts or nicks in PVC, the drawbar and brakes work. Can email you pictures if you let me have email address.
    - crunchieboy33

Mr Crunchie

Sorry I thought I'd already responded to this.

As it's singled skin it's not what I'm looking for.

Please send me some photos though and I'll forward them to the Dandycampers Forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Conversely send a resume of the Dandy yourself. You'd still need to send me the photos as you can't post images for seven days.

I promise to be more efficient in forwarding the pictures to the forum. My email xxxxxyyyyy@abcd

Kevin

I had sent a reply, but only on trying to send this message did I realise it was deleted for some reason?

thanks

- crunchieboy33

At this point waiting for photos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:04 pm