Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+8
jake001
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
Helen
Eilis
Tow Itch
mike
12 posters

More aldi bargains

Caz1960
    Caz1960

More aldi bargains - Page 2 Empty Re: More aldi bargains

Post by Caz1960 Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

fancy getting this and before you panic affraid Mr Tow itch I will go on a course More aldi bargains - Page 2 3462454224 More aldi bargains - Page 2 3462454224
    but thought it would be useful flower
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

Caz1960 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

fancy getting this and before you panic affraid Mr Tow itch I will go on a course More aldi bargains - Page 2 3462454224 More aldi bargains - Page 2 3462454224

Bought one. If you're trying to weld anything over 2.5mm 3mm you will have a lot of down time. I'd get something beefier second hand off Gumtree (I did from Carlisle Steam Fair) . To be honest if I wasn't in the position where I could borrow one I'd actually buy a MIG [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] one of those not the Russian military jets.
    Phoenix is the man to tell you but if you were thinking of frame welding on the Dandy, the original sections are around 1mm and MMA (Manual Metal Arc) welding is a bit industrial for that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lots of new holes burnt into the metal nothing joined together.
    I'd do your course first, these welders appear every year. If you do the course save your money for your first purchase. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or if your being girly a flash one like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] These are an excellent purchase for people starting welding as you then dont have to sinchronise lowering your helmet and striking an arc which for most of us sees you starting your weld about 6" away from where you meant to.

Don't buy the welder do, do the course!
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Bought one. If you're trying to weld anything over 2.5mm 3mm you will have a lot of down time. I'd get something beefier second hand off Gumtree (I did from Carlisle Steam Fair) . To be honest if I wasn't in the position where I could borrow one I'd actually buy a MIG [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] one of those not the Russian military jets.
    Phoenix is the man to tell you but if you were thinking of frame welding on the Dandy, the original sections are around 1mm and MMA (Manual Metal Arc) welding is a bit industrial for that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lots of new holes burnt into the metal nothing joined together.
    I'd do your course first, these welders appear every year. If you do the course save your money for your first purchase. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or if your being girly a flash one like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] These are an excellent purchase for people starting welding as you then dont have to sinchronise lowering your helmet and striking an arc which for most of us sees you starting your weld about 6" away from where you meant to.

Mr Itch is right Caz, an arc welder would have blown holes in Phoenix's chassis. We used a mig welder. We bought an auto darkening helmet which really was a good investment, it made it so much easier to do. It saves not knowing where you are when you first start your weld.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 23 Oct 2012, 12:26 am

Tow Itch wrote:

More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 More aldi bargains - Page 2 2161515090 I promise to do the course first then go forward More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 23 Oct 2012, 12:30 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:

Mr Itch is right Caz, an arc welder would have blown holes in Phoenix's chassis. We used a mig welder. We bought an auto darkening helmet which really was a good investment, it made it so much easier to do. It saves not knowing where you are when you first start your weld.

More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958 I will take the advice and do a course as I will be for the frame of the Dandy 6 but will be posting pictures as I have a twist in the frame somewhere More aldi bargains - Page 2 115684958

jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

A mini bendy tripod from Aldi's reduced bin, £3.50 reduced from £6.99 cheers
    I was thinking of getting one at the original price, glad I didn't now lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

More aldi bargains - Page 2 Empty Aldi Bargains We Have Missed

Post by Tow Itch Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

Missed these going out into the stores so I can't link to adverts but my local Aldi still has them Your's may do too.

Convector heater £25.00 Not just for those without a Riviera Gas Heater, if you winter camp it may be cheaper to use an EHU over winter.

A convector heater is ideal no noise unlike a fan heater less bulky and usually more powerful than an oil filled radiator. This one is Switchable from 750watt through 1.2Kw to 2Kw. It also has a timer and thermostatic control.

Aluminium Sack Truck. Lightweight extends to something over 1m so you don't need to stoop. It will take up to 90Kg so any gas bottle or water container is easily within it's capacity. £16 I think.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 8:52 am

Winch like Mike's, really cheap

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

Awning light

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

mike wrote:Awning light

These are an absolutely top bit of kit. Had one for years they take Less time than stated to recharge luminous for longer than stated.

Mine had a rechargeable pack these use rechargeable batteries. So now at end of life of batteries they may be replaced. Also spare batteries can be carried.

Can't stress enough top bit of kit.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 27 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:Awning light

These are an absolutely top bit of kit. Had one for years they take Less time than stated to recharge luminous for longer than stated.

Mine had a rechargeable pack these use rechargeable batteries. So now at end of life of batteries they may be replaced. Also spare batteries can be carried.

Can't stress enough top bit of kit.

Another bump for this went in to Aldi to get a spare one. Couldn't find mine as per usual with most of my kit.

They Are Reduced to £4.99 Always a brilliant bit of kit but at a fiver now a no brainer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:01 am

Not at my Aldi Crying or Very sad but even at £9.99 they are still a good buy, so I got one anyway Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:15 pm

Handy for inside the dandy,remote control light
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 01 Jun 2013, 1:46 pm

Lots of camping stuff at Aldi from tomorrow.

As posted about coolboxes:

Tow Itch wrote: Just a note. Electric Coolboxes are available from Aldi from the 2nd of June. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    I personally have found Aldi far more helpful if it comes to returns.

While this has a 3 year guarantee have you noticed the worrying trend for some of their products now having a 1 year guarantee.

It's not much of a saving on one but there are perfectly acceptable LED head torches available from Poundland.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

Led Strip Lights

Not sure how much of a bargain these are but I fancied a play [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    There are 300 lights the unit consumes a maximum of 24W and they are bright,
    Might not be best used when camping but I'm sure some of you who favour camping on EHU sites would work out a way to fix them up. The roll can be cut and joined though the jointing "jumpers" are only a few inches long.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm

Table For The Awning £28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for those that don't have one yet.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:57 am

Sir Henry wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]for those that don't have one yet.

Good price remember though when using its only 10amp most of us have got used to 16amp
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:38 am

Can't think of one site I've been on that actually gives you the full 16 amps. Some have even been limited to 6 amps!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:56 am

Sir Henry wrote:Can't think of one site I've been on that actually gives you the full 16 amps. Some have even been limited to 6 amps!

Think most modern sites give over 10amp now.even on these though i normally limit myself to about 14amp,then again perhaps more important for out of season camping when i may be running 7 amps of heating before anything else.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:49 pm

mike wrote:
    Sir Henry wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]for those that don't have one yet.

Good price remember though when using its only 10amp most of us have got used to 16amp

I'd not seen the ad bought the breathable ground sheet and the pegs today (Feel unfaithful to my cheap Toolstation coach bolts) when I went in to buy the tablet.

I can see how it gets to being £35.00

20 metres of cable not 25

No specified cable thickness. It is recommended to be 2.5mm2

Single mcb not two split circuits.

Fully certified to all BS standards
    There is one quoted on the side of the box I wonder if it is for quality of cardboard box construction?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 21 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm

Should have been in today but apparently delayed in some areas.

It has an external 12v transformer. Combined TV and DVD player.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 12:33 am

coming up more camping stuff

CathB
    CathB

Post by CathB Mon 23 Jun 2014, 1:50 pm

Brilliant,
    I need a cool box for the Dandy. Am off on Thursday, so will pop over after sports day at the school.
    Thanks Caz
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Mon 23 Jun 2014, 4:08 pm

I have one they are good. Peter  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:05 pm