Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Hadrians wall campsite

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Hadrians wall campsite  Empty Hadrians wall campsite

Post by vickoir Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm

we have just come back from this site,which is situated close to Hadrians wall.The site is set in a lovely quiet valley just off a narrow lane,with great views and plenty of area's for dog walking.
    We went there as we needed a site that was open with hard standing and this was one of the closest that had what we required as most sites are closed.There is a small shop on site selling basics,a decent toilet/shower block,there was also a sauna which i think is a 1st on a campsite.
    The reason for this stay was to see how the dandy was after 14weeks of sitting outside not being used,the dandy was fine dry and all was good.
    When we got there we were warned the pipes had just refrozen and the showers were not working due to no running water.The wardens did however top up the toilet cistern manually and also left large jerry cans of fresh water for washing hands,and plates etc.We didn't mind not having showers as we planned to stay 1night,the nightly rate was reduced accordingly.

Our plans came unstuck sunday morning when we woke to find 3-4inches of snow,we were told we would not get up out the valley in anything less than a 4x4,so we were stuck there lastnight while the snow started to melt.
    Steve & Lynne(the wardens)were brilliant so helpful,we were their only guests.The wardens took me to a local sainsburys in their 4x4 so i could stock up with stuff,and wouldn't take a penny for helping me.They also lent us some of their DVD'S to watch and gave us access to a bunk house kitchen so we could use a microwave and oven.Then this morning the warden drove up track in a 4x4 we followed in our cars to make sure we were ok getting out as still slushy and icy.Once we got to top of road the Warden then drove back to site collected our dandy and brought it up to main road for us,what a star.I managed to get him to accept a cash gift as a thankyou as i felt he went well beyond his duty for us.We will be staying there again this year without fail and they said they will sort us out with the best pitches when we book in the future.
    Its staying at places like this where people are so generous and kind,it restores my faith in the human race.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    naedoot
    naedoot

Hadrians wall campsite  Empty Re: Hadrians wall campsite

Post by naedoot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

thats what you like to hear - someone that actually enjoys working and goes that extra bit to provide a decent service.

we are having all sorts of problems deciding where to go when we get our new purchase as we have decided that its going to be a lot easier with the dandy that squeezing everything into car, roof box.
    so weekends away even with the daft dog.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:25 am