Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 18 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:15 am

Helen wrote:Haven't got a clue ........... I know nothing about Dandy's affraid

Only Joking, not 100% sure but the other one that John looked at had two odd windows and lumpy sealant all around the inside. This wasn't the only reason but something that was also said regarding standing on top of the trailer and going through besides many other things and that's all I'm going to say about it on the open forum. What a Face

Sealant and obviously non standard stuff does tend to give the game away a touch.

My question was a more open one not necessarily referring to your viewing.
    I know I've seen Dandy 6's where the windows have been made good.(sic)
    Is there a particular reason Dandy 6's trash windows?
    I also seem to have seen a couple with more square cornered frames, don't know if they have done a better quality job of patching or there was an optional window?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 18 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:37 am

Sun canopy for a 4.
    It does however contain all the poles for an awning.
    So could form an awning if sides and front were sorted.
    I got a quote of about £350 from TVS. Not a cheap option but might form a lightweight awning of full size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

Dandy 4 or 4/5 with awning. Look at interesting positioning of poles.
    Look at other items for sale!

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:48 am

Tow Itch wrote: Dandy 4 or 4/5 with awning. Look at interesting positioning of poles.

which poles the ones on the ground or the ones inside??
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:53 am

Caz1960 wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Dandy 4 or 4/5 with awning. Look at interesting positioning of poles.

Fair point. Look at picture 4 and additional vertical support.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:57 am

Tow Itch wrote: A 2000 Designer with a Royal Traveller awning, £1,850.
    I wasn't sure what the picture was of or why it was posted. I thought as it contained the sellers name and address it might be a away for non Preloved subscribers to phone straight away.
    If you were bright enough to spot that I expect you would be bright enough to spot the sellers username.
    Should you be interested I'd try phoning the man who fits the struts and does disabled conversions.
    Go for a discount on struts fitted as a minimum.

Also now listed on eBay?

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 25 Apr 2012, 1:08 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:

Fair point. Look at picture 4 and additional vertical support.
    would say that thrown up to take photo's
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 25 Apr 2012, 7:44 am

Very rare occasion when one of these come up for sale

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 9:40 am

Helen wrote:Very rare occasion when one of these come up for sale

Sun canopy for a 4.
    It does however contain all the poles for an awning.
    So could form an awning if sides and front were sorted.
    I got a quote of about £350 from TVS. Not a cheap option but might form a lightweight awning of full size.

Sorry if my post had not been too clear.
    What I was also trying to ay was It could be the basis of a lightweight awning.
    The quote I'd had from TVS wasn't cheap but some people will always have issues with a full weight awning and a PVC roof with Acrylic sides could be an option.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:06 am

Brown Dandy 6 Lincolnshire. Winterised serviced by Riva? No awning but sun canopy.
    Looks expensive but not sure that they want to "sell" through eBay.

Also on Preloved

Last edited by Tow Itch on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:14 am

Internal wheel arched Dart or Delta. Full awning, winterised including heater, recently serviced. Windsor.
    £1,250 BIN

Also on Preloved.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

More pages of ads now posted this year than we managed from the 13th June to the end of 2011.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

Dart doesn't say winterised but has a brochure for the heater in the paperwork.
    Blue and white lots of pictures but only of paperwork. £1,500. Berryhill. S On T.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm

Dart Turvey, Milton Keynes. Winterised Heater £950 Later style kitchen.
    Awning. One owner?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 26 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

Re covered in PVC in dark blue an early 4. With an awning Rossendale £165.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 26 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Brown Dandy 6 Lincolnshire. Winterised serviced by Riva? No awning but sun canopy.

Also on Preloved

The dandy six looks interesting if i didn't have one i would be looking at this with its full insulation,although it looks nice and is insulated i dont feel its worth the buy it now price it would have to be near 100% and have an awning for me to go with the starting bid even.
    After saying that they look like they may deal with a part exchange,could be why the buy it now is high.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 27 Apr 2012, 6:11 am

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Brown Dandy 6 Lincolnshire. Winterised serviced by Riva? No awning but sun canopy.

Also on Preloved

The dandy six looks interesting if i didn't have one i would be looking at this with its full insulation,although it looks nice and is insulated i dont feel its worth the buy it now price it would have to be near 100% and have an awning for me to go with the starting bid even.
    After saying that they look like they may deal with a part exchange,could be why the buy it now is high.

Momentary brain fade, well if you can call last 49 years momentary.

The link to Preloved should be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    The link I'd put on originally was for a Dart in Windsor.

This had been mentioned to me yesterday and I'd hypothesized that the price was so high on eBay as what they really wanted was a swap or trade in. eBay rules don't allow for this so it was just an eBay circumventing ad. It would never "sell" and the ad would just cost the insertion fees.
    Why I didn't comment on the price in the Preloved link I don't know. I might even have spotted that I'd put the wrong link in.
    £1,350 is a serious amount for a brown 6 serviced by Riva or not. A lowside Destiny with an awing would be more like what I'd expect for that money. Even seen highsides with awnings within that price range.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 27 Apr 2012, 6:19 am

Dandy 5 1988 Not winterised but with a heater. No awning.
    Nicely described it all sounds well cared for. Quite a detailed mention of the 12V electrics but no mention of a battery or it been run of a transformer nor any mention of 240V

£595.00 Buy It Now Stoke On Trent.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 27 Apr 2012, 6:26 am

Orange 4? with awning. The ply sides have been replaced but the lighting is with a trailer board.
    £180 Norwich.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 29 Apr 2012, 6:49 am

All right i have a thing about sixes but at the right price and if these blown air heaters are serviceable [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could be worth a look
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 29 Apr 2012, 7:39 am

Dont know if this six is still for sale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 29 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

I've just got a couple of messages from someone who is getting worried about the 6 we didn't get,

eBay sent this message to xxxxx
    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
    Your message from an eBay member.
    Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

User details:
    From User:
    xxxxxxx (249)
    100.0% Positive Feedback
    Member since 19-May-06 in United Kingdom
    Activity with xxxxxx (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from xxxxxx
    Activity with xxxxxx (last 90 days): xxxxxx has bid on 0 of my items

Dear xxxx

Thanks for the info, he is messing us about too by not giving us address, after agreeing we can buy it outright, he is being cagey.
    xxxxx

View before you buy and if your not happy don't bid

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

Dandy Dart with gas struts but no awning. Wakefield.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:29 pm

Dandy Dart awning notionally winterised. Only brochure photo to go off.
    It looks like he may have bought it in March looking at his history but I cant find the add from the number.300302699362

I can't find the previous add because it was actually March 09. D'oh.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Mon 30 Apr 2012, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

Green 5 with an awning. I think I've seen this before. Last week to be precise. If so delivery to Northampton should be possible.
    Sited in Heysham. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where I think I've seen it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:31 am