Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 19 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

Dart winterised awning floor heater post 1995 double glazed. Northumberland.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 19 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Sun 29 Apr 2012, 11:01 pm

Brown 4 from Bolton back on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Know I've Seen it but can't find the add.

It's easier if you just select completed listings.
    Add below but no additional information.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:07 pm

Guess what another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] no awning but from the pictures it looks well worth the buy it now price
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Apr 2012, 6:14 pm

mike wrote:Guess what another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] no awning but from the pictures it looks well worth the buy it now price

sold
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:34 pm

Now on eBay. Dandy Designer post 1995 winterised Riviera heater non standard Royal Traveller awning.

Opening bid of £1,850 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also on Preloved [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    For the same as the opening bid.

The seller is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

Countrycampers have a 1995 Delta. Winterised and with Riviera heater. No awning opening at £995.
    While still at Bewdley the driveway photos look different. Have they moved?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:34 pm

Delta. Winterised with heater. Awning, original I think. £750BIN. Some 12V electrics, unsure of 240V setup.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:02 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Countrycampers have a 1995 Delta. Winterised and with Riviera heater. No awning opening at £995.

Is it me or are the poles bent pic 8 and 15
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:15 pm

Caz1960 wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Countrycampers have a 1995 Delta. Winterised and with Riviera heater. No awning opening at £995.

Is it me or are the poles bent pic 8 and 15

Can't argue with that.
    Good bargaining point.
    Check with Ian at Riva for replacement pole prices.
    I bought a couple of straight poles from him.(As in simple not curved cornered. Not bent like the above.) They wern't that expensive.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 02 May 2012, 12:42 pm

That's the back, unless I've looked at the wrong pics, lol.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 02 May 2012, 12:50 pm

cazz wrote:

Looks to have bent poles back and front but this guy doesn't usually try it on so maybe its just the pictures
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 02 May 2012, 1:05 pm

Orange and white 6 dont see many of those [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 02 May 2012, 1:41 pm

mike wrote:Orange and white 6 dont see many of those [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    just e mailed for pictures bounce bounce bounce
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 02 May 2012, 4:57 pm

cazz wrote:

I am in awe not only did you spot the bent poles but you were perceptive enough to spot the grassy area was not the drive.

If you look at his moving banner with other things for sale there was an advert for a rear entry Conway of the type with the extended front for a kitchen.
    The picture is still there and the drive and house look different.

Alas or perhaps happily if you look at the picture the text now talks about a Designer with awning for £1,500 all right £1,495.
    This is to arrive soon.

Please host the pictures of the orange 6 as soon as possible. I do know someone in that area who was looking at another orange project the other week.

Kevin crashes and burns:
    I've mixed my Caz(z)s up.
    Ms one z first spotted the bent poles.
    Then the lady of two zeds but no added numbers commented on it and the lack of a driveway in the pictures.
    Finally she who is very open on the age of a prospective partner (19 to 60) mentioned spotting an add for an orange 6.

Sorry to get you both confused, dammed ignorant of me. Both of you now having dog avatars did not help.

The adjoining advert for a Designer. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tow Itch on Thu 03 May 2012, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 03 May 2012, 12:13 am

Bargain?

Dandy Dart. Awning, Winterised, Blown Air Heating.

East Sussex. Unless there is something major not being said this would have sold for closer to 2K than 1K last year.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 03 May 2012, 12:27 am

Just Like Busses?

Never see an orange 6 and two show up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 03 May 2012, 12:30 am

Yet another 6 this time a lowside blue with a sun canopy.
    Think they're been a bit hopeful for price.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 03 May 2012, 12:41 am

Tow Itch wrote: Just Like Busses?

Never see an orange 6 and two show up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its a 4 berth not a 6 Mr Itch.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 03 May 2012, 8:22 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Just Like Busses?

Its a 4 berth not a 6 Mr Itch.

And even though it listed as a new advert I knew I'd already seen it but there had been a modification, so looked for an earlier listing in our for sale section. Pity I didn't spend the time reading the add.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 06 May 2012, 6:33 am

This is the first one ive seen for sale with an early shape/type awning in brown [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 06 May 2012, 6:36 am

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 06 May 2012, 2:48 pm

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not seen one like that before it's in Riva (mid blue) colours but it's a bathroom model on a built highside base i.e. not the later longer fibreglass base.
    How many highside (built bodied) destinys have you seen in mid blue?
    Now if Mike and Helen say they have found the bathroom fitted Destinys cramped then this one must be desperately so.
    Perhaps Riva did an extra length built body as an experiment before launching the fibreglass ones?
    Either that or the table must be barely suitable for four?

Though why look at the negatives? For a single person or a couple who really want a loo compartment this is far more easily managed than a glassfibre bodied Destiny 81cm longer.

I'm unsure though as while the seats look shorter they look longer than they would be if you took 80cm off for the toilet compartment.
    It does look good with the newer Riva upholsery and cupboards.

I wonder what weight suspension it is on. The bathroom would knock a bit off your packing if its only 750Kg.

Just heard from a very nice lady from Bolton. Well as nice as you can get with the provision that you're from Bolton.

Gail read my comments and had got her tape measure out and it appears the Destiny is 346cm along the body.

The good lady is junking the Dandy because of her kids growing up and not needing the space also her back is pretty shot and she is no longer enjoying unfolding the Destiny. That said when she says gas struts, there are gas struts on the walls and on the the beds.

The drawbar is rated to 1000Kg so I would guess at a 1000Kg axle as well.

Phoned the lady back to confirm another measurement ( the specs on Riva's site show an unusually long drawbar length on older Destinys)no the length is as usual about 103cm.

I forgot to ask about the skirts. One as shown in the picture or two?
    I will remind you that though I've not exercised the option TVS were quoting me around £350 for turning a sun canopy into a lightweight awning. There is more fabric required for this than the Delta I was looking at but it should be significantly cheaper than the £1,000 that they charged for the full awning for a Destiny that I featured a few months back.

Now in the back of her mind Gail seems to remember a quote about the number of these that were made, (Not many) but as she is unsure she didn't want this passing on. She had forgot all about the rarity as she had been to Riva recently and it had not been mentioned.

So there you have it a Destiny only 9cm shorter than a glassfibre bodied Destiny. Effectively probably longer as the gas bottle store is separate on these. If your looking to keep for a long time it has a standard dandy body which we know can be re-skinned easily as against fibreglass repairs.

Only sorry to be losing Gail as a member before we even gained her she sounded a lovely lady.
    I wish them all the best with their sale.

Preloved version of the ad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sun 06 May 2012, 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Further Details From Owner / Show Other Ad For Destiny)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 06 May 2012, 5:59 pm

Dart winterised with heater 240v and 12v electrics. One of the internal wheel Darts £1,250 Bognor Regis.

Gumtree version of ad with more photographs.

fifiskis

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 19 Empty Designer not sold

Post by fifiskis Mon 07 May 2012, 4:20 pm

Hi

I've been watching, with a view to buying, several advertised Designers for the past couple of weeks. One listed in Stoke by Rich (the gas struts man) on ebay and pre-loved is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mentioned earlier in this thread as also on pre-loved.

Any ideas, other than the price, why it's not sold before my husband takes a 3hr trip to have a look at it?

Thanks

Fiona
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 07 May 2012, 4:35 pm

fifiskis wrote:Hi

I've been watching, with a view to buying, several advertised Designers for the past couple of weeks. One listed in Stoke by Rich (the gas struts man) on ebay and pre-loved is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mentioned earlier in this thread as also on pre-loved.

Any ideas, other than the price, why it's not sold before my husband takes a 3hr trip to have a look at it?

Thanks

Fiona

Some may have been put off by the roof bars looking bent but i think this is a roof liner that makes the bars look bent,the price would be a stumbling block,no matter what your opinion of the original awning i would expect one at that price,but after saying that its not too bad for a dealer price it would be that or more at riva,Its insulated and looks clean and i suppose the main thing to put people off is the price,if you would pay that price ask him to fit struts free affraid because it looks like he may need to drop the price again.

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:55 pm