Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

The Admiral
    The Admiral

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by The Admiral Mon 07 May 2012, 4:38 pm

fifiskis wrote:Hi

I've been watching, with a view to buying, several advertised Designers for the past couple of weeks. One listed in Stoke by Rich (the gas struts man) on ebay and pre-loved is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mentioned earlier in this thread as also on pre-loved.

Any ideas, other than the price, why it's not sold before my husband takes a 3hr trip to have a look at it?

Thanks

Fiona

The auction has ended with no bids, wonder if he sold it via pre loved if not he might be open to offers maybe
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 5:12 pm

mike wrote:
    fifiskis wrote:Hi

I've been watching, with a view to buying, several advertised Designers for the past couple of weeks. One listed in Stoke by Rich (the gas struts man) on ebay and pre-loved is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mentioned earlier in this thread as also on pre-loved.

Any ideas, other than the price, why it's not sold before my husband takes a 3hr trip to have a look at it?

Thanks

Fiona

Some may have been put off by the roof bars looking bent but i think this is a roof liner that makes the bars look bent,the price would be a stumbling block,no matter what your opinion of the original awning i would expect one at that price,but after saying that its not too bad for a dealer price it would be that or more at riva,Its insulated and looks clean and i suppose the main thing to put people off is the price,if you would pay that price ask him to fit struts free affraid because it looks like he may need to drop the price again.

mike

Mike

Some may be put off by the roof bars looking bent? Are we not mixing it up with the Countrycampers one where the bars are bent?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think given the awning, the package is not a lot for quite a lot of money. Prices have fallen this year, I'd at least look for a set of gas struts added for that price.
    Dependent of if you think it will get bids and move up or not get bids I'd be looking at this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pity it's not on Preloved or Gumtree as well.

Look at the skirts again. These look like home crafted skirts? Don't the original ones have a PVC flap heat welded to the sides so that water runs over the skirts and not behind the walls?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 07 May 2012, 5:54 pm

Kevin the roof liner makes it look at a glance like bent roof bars
    fifiskis

Post by fifiskis Mon 07 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Thanks guys for quick responses you beat the Mazda Bongo Forum. Someone's asking about a BIN price on the other ebay one with skirts.
    I'll keep watching or maybe haggle in Stoke.
    Fiona
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 6:49 pm

mike wrote:Kevin the roof liner makes it look at a glance like bent roof bars

Mike

Sorry it's not pick at Mike night I've changed my own mind.

There is the roof liner thing. I'd discounted that.

There is the slightly fish eyed lens putting a bend on things.

Yet when reading your bit I noticed the bottom right hand corner of this near the front of the seat.

Is that what someone else had spotted?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 07 May 2012, 6:58 pm

fifiskis wrote:Thanks guys for quick responses you beat the Mazda Bongo Forum. Someone's asking about a BIN price on the other ebay one with skirts.
    I'll keep watching or maybe haggle in Stoke.
    Fiona

The "new" 750Kg suspension is the prize on that. If everyone has their eyes on the "Glam" of the skirts why not seek their oppinion about the skirts originality to dampen the ardour of the prospective bidders slightly?
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:32 am

Buy It Now £330!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 11:39 am

That one was on a few weeks ago and sold in auction scratch
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:41 am

Helen wrote:That one was on a few weeks ago and sold in auction scratch

It mentions it on the listing with a link to a story of what happened.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:44 am

You have made me a bit over cynical now Helen but why have they waited until the day the old listing has dropped off ebay to relist it?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 11:52 am

found it, they didn't even go to view or collect the Dandy. They also haven't given any negative feedback for the buyer or received any .... I don't want to make anyone cynical just hadn't read the whole add but saw the pics and recognised it.

they may have waited simply because they know it looks bad if re-listed but then again they mentioned that in the add scratch You get bad buyers as well as bad sellers, it's when a dandy continually crops up that you should be very careful so this could be a genuine case of a bad buyer.

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:57 am

Having looked into there ebay history they are very active in the ebay Answers Centre, not something I would expect a scammer to be. They have posted for advice throughout there problems and apparently whilst a Non paying bidder dispute is open no feedback can be left.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 12:01 pm

They sound like genuine sellers to me and someone may even get a bargain because of their misfortune with a time waster.

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 12:04 pm

Well here is the old listing

Thanks to a lovely site called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], very useful

And just one last piece of investigation, the seller bought the following [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Blue-Belle) and who would want to own more than one dandy??

Oh go on one more. On the orginal auction a question is asked. The seller is a dandycampers reader!

Q: Hiya we borrowed a dandy from a friend to see if we liked it and are now on a mission to find one of our own. Could you tell me the model? Need to check if my car would tow it as I know there are some bigger than others. Love her name too! Michelle x 15-Apr-12
    A: Hi there, We believe that she is a early Dandy Destiny and one of the bigger ones. This web address might help you to identify what your after. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] But for ease of reference from the site DANDY 6 Length excluding tow bar------275cm--9ft Length including tow bar------350cm--11ft-6inches Width---------------------------190cm--6ft-3inches Weight unladen----------------500kg Weight laden-------------------745kg Berths---------------------------6 In reality the trailer is very easy to tow and we've never had any problems even down tight and narrow roads Isabelle tracks the path of the car brilliantly. I hope this helps. Cheers.

Last edited by ShaunJUK on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 12:06 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Buy It Now £330!

Just so people will still find the Dandy amongst the chatter.

Goofbay is a good tool thanks.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 3:10 pm

Another six

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 08 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Helen wrote:Another six

That's just up the road from me.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 May 2012, 3:27 pm

No awning. No kitchen unit but this 6 may be the right price. Norwich.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 3:28 pm

A unique awning on this one

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 3:34 pm

Previous add with more pics

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Helen wrote:A unique awning on this one

Helen

She who spots everything, has missed something.

Did you look at the interior?

I've not seen an insulated orange Dandy before.

Extra warm! On the browns and the blues when they offered winterising the wall part of the roof was not insulated.

This will be insulated on all the sides.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 3:41 pm

look at picture 4 and it appears to be brown when looking at the bit at the top of the batwing.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 08 May 2012, 3:47 pm

Helen wrote:look at picture 4 and it appears to be brown when looking at the bit at the top of the batwing.

Picture 2 as well. Embarassed Oh the shame.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 3:50 pm

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 3462454224 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 3462454224

It looks like a nice little Dandy, in all honesty I just saw the awning and thought others would like to take a look at it, looks canvas but has the same two zips as a pvc awning.
    leggy

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 20 Empty one for diyers

Post by leggy Wed 09 May 2012, 1:05 am

no pics but in need of some work

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 8:58 am