Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

emski74

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 24 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Hi, I have just joined as have been looking through this thread and seen how helpful everyone is Very Happy . After much research, I have decided that a Dandy Destiny would be just the thing for my family (husband, four children and myself). Would love some advice and help finding one if possible. I would like it to be winterised and have the heating so that we can go away all year round, and to also have an awning for when we go away for longer than a weekend. All help and advice gratefully recieved Very Happy .
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 24 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by mike Sun 01 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

emski74 wrote:Hi, I have just joined as have been looking through this thread and seen how helpful everyone is Very Happy . After much research, I have decided that a Dandy Destiny would be just the thing for my family (husband, four children and myself). Would love some advice and help finding one if possible. I would like it to be winterised and have the heating so that we can go away all year round, and to also have an awning for when we go away for longer than a weekend. All help and advice gratefully recieved Very Happy .

Welcome to the forum,could you share your budget figure with us as a few of us enjoy scouting round dandys for sale and a general idea of your location unless distance is no object,you should find a winterised destiny no problem as for the heater if you intend to use electric hook up then a convector heater is just as good and quiet compered with some of the blown air heaters on the later ones,plus you would just end up paying for gas on top of electric.
    emski74

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:37 pm

Thank you for your reply Mike. We live in the Oxfordshire area, but would be happy to travel up to around 200 miles for the right Dandy. That said, if it was a fair distance away, maybe someone on here could have a look for us if they lived really close, to see if it was worth travelling for? In fact, I would really appreciate someone experienced helping us look at them anyway, as we wouldn't really know what to look out for (or is there a guide which I could give my husband which tells him what to look out for when viewing)? I think we would prefer the pre 2004 model as it is lighter for towing etc (what is your opinion on pre 2004 v's post 2004 models), and I haven't really got a budget in mind as such, am just looking for value for money Very Happy . With regard to the heating, it is not essential as you say as we do normally get an electric hookup and use a fan heater, would just like it in case we ever need it (so guess this is a would like but not totally necessary). I hope to join the Dandy owner family soon, the more I keep looking, the more I want one right now!! Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:54 pm

Hi,

If you look here there is lots of advice on buying a used Dandy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

personally I think the quality was compromised on dark blue Dandy's, the materials used don't feel as robust.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:00 pm

Think you will find more choice with the pale blue,will start searching lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

You will have seen this one looks really nice withy the under floor heater but no awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]a personal question are you vertically challenged if so the dandy awning could prove tiresome on the high sided destiny
    emski74

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:22 pm

Thank you Helen, I will get that printed off and hopefully use it soon Very Happy . I reckon the pale blue one sounds just right, I would prefer an older one that is robust and built to last rather than a young one that looks great now but won't perhaps stand the test of time. My youngest son is only 6 (the eldest 13) so I am planning to be camping with kids for many years to come Wink . Thank you both for your advice thus far, I shall keep googling daily and checking in on here Smile . If I find anything, am I ok to post the ad on here to get your thoughts?
    emski74

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:26 pm

Yes have seen that one and love it, but did really want an awning for longer holidays as extra room for the 4 kids on a rainy day. My husband is 5 10 and I am 5 6, we currently use a step to do the awning on our Cabanon trailer tent. Are you best with an original Dandy awning, or are there alternatives?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:38 pm

You are always best with the original but have to say they are heavy,in return for this you get a nearly bomb proof awning and you can have the side panels made to zip out to make it lighter to erect.
    We have the original for our dandy 6 and its great but have just bought a lighter porch awning for short stays and who knows we may stick with it,20 years ago it would have been the original all the time but age takes its toll,

If i listed the good and bad points the weight would be the only bad point and then i would have to include it in the good points also as its the weight that makes them so robust.
    emski74

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

Hmm when you say you can get the side panels made to zip out, do you mean you get the awning altered to do this (if so, where do you get this done), or can you buy new ones that have this feature? In other words, can I still buy an original one to go with the Dandy for sale on ebay? Do excuse all the questions, it is great to be able to pick your brains Very Happy .
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

emski74 wrote:Hmm when you say you can get the side panels made to zip out, do you mean you get the awning altered to do this (if so, where do you get this done), or can you buy new ones that have this feature? In other words, can I still buy an original one to go with the Dandy for sale on ebay? Do excuse all the questions, it is great to be able to pick your brains Very Happy .

You cant get new dandy awnings with the exception that a company called TVS did make one for a customer but no idea of the price,secondhand they are like hens teeth very rare,the zip out sides are a later alteration again tvs at Bolton do it but i guess the price for both sides would be in the region of £100-£120,often any where that works with pvc can do it.
    The biggest advantage with the original is it doesn't need drying.
    emski74

Post by emski74 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:08 pm

I reckon my best plan then is to try and buy one with awning and have a weekend near Bolton to get the alteration done Wink. Thank you Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:29 pm

Unusual colors for a dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

Isn't that just the way it looks on the photo?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

Helen wrote:Isn't that just the way it looks on the photo?

Dont know but we do know you could have what ever color pvc he had in,quiet like the look
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

Helen wrote:Isn't that just the way it looks on the photo?

On looking again dont think so look at the roof edge its white
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

Anyone looked at the door?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

Tow Itch wrote: Anyone looked at the door?

The door did grab my attention as wrong but must admit i was so taken with the color i never worked out what was wrong Very Happy would like to know the story about this one.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 03 Jul 2012, 8:29 pm

The door looks odd alright ...... and yes the colour looks either a grey or pale blue ! Wonder as it's one of the earliest Dark blues and Riva ..... could it have been a test model, a proto-type for the new look and they decided against the door shape and colour ?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 04 Jul 2012, 4:26 pm

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 08 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Not posted anything new on the for sale site for a while.
    1st an old Green Un. Not the oldest form of green Dandy as it has a sloping awning like mine not the square sided awning.

A couple of non wnterised Designers one not yet bid on. Try to make an offer?

I'm not normally too fond of scant or lacking descriptions but if you live nearby check these out one might be a pearl.

pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item46056fe8a4#ht_500wt_1361

Final eBay offering a 5 in Wigan.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 08 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

Nothing listed as Dandy Camper on Gumtree.
    A few ads under Dandy Tent no one appears to be bothered to be showing pictures other than one dark blue Dandy.

If I was trying to get you to part with £3,200 I might have gone for a more complete description.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

Dandy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    tartanterror

Post by tartanterror Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:44 pm

It was on ebay it didnt reach its reserve its also on gumtree aswell
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm

I have noticed there are a lot of older models on ebay lately

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 1:22 pm