Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Ali
    Ali

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 13 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Ali Wed 04 Apr 2012, 1:16 pm

Easter outing to Bewdley on the cards?

Just read your post on your day out at Riva. Ah no trip out to Bewdley then.[/quote]

Bewdley??
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 13 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 1:39 pm

cazz wrote:
    mike wrote:This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may be worth looking at the seller is trade but he trades from home and have seen some good units from him

We've bought items from him before, he is a nice bloke and we've found very honest with his descriptions.

Ali wrote:Easter outing to Bewdley on the cards?

Just read your post on your day out at Riva. Ah no trip out to Bewdley then.

Bewdley??[/quote]

The Designer highlighted is located in Bewdley. So I thought you might be going to look.

Then read the piece about your visit to Riva where you appeared to change your mind about a Designer.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Brown and White 4/5? for sale possibly sold with awning.
    Cracking example of use of other awning.
    What size is it? I'd be thinking it's a five with a bedside window but is that a standard window or two panes?
    Are those original or retro fit skirts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only listed addition I can find for this add was a postage addition at 21.50.
    So it was listed with sold sold sold on end of add?

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Questions about it being sold)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:02 pm

Split some posts and relocated to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

This shouldn't hang about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:22 pm

If you look at picture 8 you can just about see the pvc side wall peeping through the left edge of the modesty curtain and it looks like it isn't fully insulated but it is a nice unit Very Happy
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:28 pm

I have asked him if it's insulated! Can't help myself being tempted by them Very Happy
    Ali
    Ali

Post by Ali Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:31 pm

Just had reply - not winterised, no gas struts, no 'fridge. Still it looks in good nick!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:57 pm

flower i agree with Helen looks like it is maybe they don't know flower
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 06 Apr 2012, 6:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now with pictures and a buy it now of £600,insulated under floor heater,if his description is correct the bar at the top of two batwings needs replacing and new cushions on the dining area,i know foam isnt cheap and unless you are bit handy you may have to get some one to make the batwing arms,but could be worth considering.

Just noticed it has struts fitted on the side walls,perhaps a glamping project for some one Ali affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 06 Apr 2012, 8:37 am

Caz1960 wrote: flower i agree with Helen looks like it is maybe they don't know flower

I said I didn't think it was looking at the little bit of side wall peeping behind one of the modesty curtains in picture 8. It is a nice looking unit though but I wouldn't like to go from insulated to uninsulated now especially in a larger unit.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 06 Apr 2012, 8:40 am

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now with pictures and a buy it now of £600,insulated under floor heater,if his description is correct the bar at the top of two batwings needs replacing and new cushions on the dining area,i know foam isnt cheap and unless you are bit handy you may have to get some one to make the batwing arms,but could be worth considering.

Just noticed it has struts fitted on the side walls,perhaps a glamping project for some one Ali affraid

This one may not be a pretty blue one but it's inside walls are white and that means insulation too cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Apr 2012, 9:48 am

Helen wrote:
    mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now with pictures and a buy it now of £600,insulated under floor heater,if his description is correct the bar at the top of two batwings needs replacing and new cushions on the dining area,i know foam isnt cheap and unless you are bit handy you may have to get some one to make the batwing arms,but could be worth considering.

This one may not be a pretty blue one but it's inside walls are white and that means insulation too cheers

Comment required from you 6 owners. Are those cross bars just square section tube? The 5 sized Dandys have a dog leg welded on for the hinge to the wall. If just plain square section tubing it might be very cheap. I would normally go for the cheapest source but if your passing Ian at Riva will have it in stock and isn't that expensive.

If your passing Riva I have 2 bed pieces and the 4 seat pieces of foam for a camper covered in the same brown check as brown 6's. They are not from a Dandy but from my old FC the sizes are not as per a 6, I think they are about 1" to 2" out, but they would certainly do for a while. For you who fear bed condensation the underside of the beds are not fabric but vinyl. I've had these on a shelf in my garage for about 10 months, they need to go. Free to good home.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

AS far as i can remember the bars are just straight box section with a hole at one end and the plastic fitments at the other but not sure and would have to remove insulation to check.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

mike wrote:AS far as i can remember the bars are just straight box section with a hole at one end and the plastic fitments at the other but not sure and would have to remove insulation to check.

Just have a quick feel (oh'er missus) near the edge of the wall.

The only other thing I've seen is on 5's where cut box (or plate) drops down at an angle to hinge lower down on the wall boards.

Not looked too closely don't know if it's to remove stress from the corner of the wall?

I suppose the answers the same. If it's plain it will be cheap from Riva, if it's a welded piece Ian knows the design, phone him for a price before you consider welding yourself.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:43 am

Had a quick feel while Nancy was outside affraid it certainly looks and feels like a straight bar,marvellous how many time i erect the dandy and never taken any notice,if it had been the same colour as mine i would have hit the buy it now at 5 am this morning and swapped the batwing pvc to make mine proper insulation,it costs more than that just for insulation.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 06 Apr 2012, 1:33 pm

Am i missing something with this one it looks good for the money,insulated and awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 06 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Could be the bad spelling of the title so people haven't noticed it.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Apr 2012, 3:09 pm

Helen wrote:Could be the bad spelling of the title so people haven't noticed it.

Firty percent of ones on Gumtree are spilt like that.

I always searched for "Dandy Camper" and "Dandy Tent" and doubtlessly still missed the odd one.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

Blue & White Delta 1990? Not insulated no heater. Looks clean enough.

Address Look beyond address bar Newcastle under Lyme / SOT not Wy Ai man country

Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Fri 06 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Blue & White Delta 1990? Not insulated no heater. Looks clean enough.

Address Look beyond address bar Newcastle under Lyme / SOT not Wy Ai man country

looks kind of bald without a front box.
    essie
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 07 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

Come on you wachers lol! not insulated but looks very nice and well worth the buy it now price if it is that good.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 07 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Esermalda wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Blue & White Delta 1990? Not insulated no heater. Looks clean enough.

looks kind of bald without a front box.
    essie

Sorry kevin should have read the previous posts Very Happy but looks worth a push any way the aframe looks like it has been stored under cover most of its life.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 07 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Seen this on Gumtree. I knew I'd seen it before.

It's described in good condition without rips or tears. Then read the eBay advert!
    It's not a five at best it's a 41/2
    THERE IS NO MENTION THAT THEY HAVE DISCONNECTED THE BRAKES.
    Still up for £520 if they're desperate to sell I suggest lowering the price not forgetting to tell the truth.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 07 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

1982 Four and a half. Looks nice enough but not cheap. Doesn't mention whether insulated or not.

Coventry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:06 pm