Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Tow Itch Wed 09 May 2012, 8:17 am

leggy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no pics but in need of some work

Could be worth a look. instant spend of £100 or so for tyres but most Dandys require tyres anyway.

Weston-super-Mare. Around trip of 380miles from where I live. My favourite place to look at Dandys Not Evil or Very Mad

Some of our longer term readers will understand this comment.

For the rest of you Weston-super-Mare was a less than wonerful day out cortesy of eBay.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by mike Sat 12 May 2012, 6:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 12 May 2012, 5:10 pm

Back on ebay with a slight drop in price

fifiskis

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 Empty Insulated or not?

Post by fifiskis Sun 13 May 2012, 4:05 pm

Helen wrote:A unique awning on this one

Was looking at Designers but this Dandy 4 is nearby, looks ok and much cheaper than the Designer in Stoke. Insulated or not? I've got confused by the discussion. Got a heater. A project maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Fiona
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 13 May 2012, 4:38 pm

fifiskis wrote:
    Helen wrote:A unique awning on this one

Was looking at Designers but this Dart is nearby, looks ok and much cheaper than the Designer in Stoke. Insulated or not? I've got confused by the discussion. Got a heater. A project maybe? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Fiona

Could be a project if you fancy one,white interior walls normally meen insulated but something about these walls make me question that,could just be a liner put in place.

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 17 May 2012, 8:19 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not seen one like that before it's in Riva (mid blue) colours but it's a bathroom model on a built highside base i.e. not the later longer fibreglass base.
    How many highside (built bodied) destinys have you seen in mid blue?
    Now if Mike and Helen say they have found the bathroom fitted Destinys cramped then this one must be desperately so.
    Perhaps Riva did an extra length built body as an experiment before launching the fibreglass ones?
    Either that or the table must be barely suitable for four?

Though why look at the negatives? For a single person or a couple who really want a loo compartment this is far more easily managed than a glassfibre bodied Destiny 81cm longer.

I'm unsure though as while the seats look shorter they look longer than they would be if you took 80cm off for the toilet compartment.
    It does look good with the newer Riva upholsery and cupboards.

I wonder what weight suspension it is on. The bathroom would knock a bit off your packing if its only 750Kg.

Just heard from a very nice lady from Bolton. Well as nice as you can get with the provision that you're from Bolton.

Gail read my comments and had got her tape measure out and it appears the Destiny is 346cm along the body.

The good lady is junking the Dandy because of her kids growing up and not needing the space also her back is pretty shot and she is no longer enjoying unfolding the Destiny. That said when she says gas struts, there are gas struts on the walls and on the the beds.

The drawbar is rated to 1000Kg so I would guess at a 1000Kg axle as well.

Phoned the lady back to confirm another measurement ( the specs on Riva's site show an unusually long drawbar length on older Destinys)no the length is as usual about 103cm.

I forgot to ask about the skirts. One as shown in the picture or two?
    I will remind you that though I've not exercised the option TVS were quoting me around £350 for turning a sun canopy into a lightweight awning. There is more fabric required for this than the Delta I was looking at but it should be significantly cheaper than the £1,000 that they charged for the full awning for a Destiny that I featured a few months back.

Now in the back of her mind Gail seems to remember a quote about the number of these that were made, (Not many) but as she is unsure she didn't want this passing on. She had forgot all about the rarity as she had been to Riva recently and it had not been mentioned.

So there you have it a Destiny only 9cm shorter than a glassfibre bodied Destiny. Effectively probably longer as the gas bottle store is separate on these. If your looking to keep for a long time it has a standard dandy body which we know can be re-skinned easily as against fibreglass repairs.

Only sorry to be losing Gail as a member before we even gained her she sounded a lovely lady.
    I wish them all the best with their sale.

Preloved version of the ad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First of all a bump for Gail who is selling the above and was really lovely when she got in touch.
    Now her Destiny is pretty rare being a non glasfibre base with a bathroom.

Now have a look at this on Preloved:

This is a Destiny. Spot what is different?
    Look at the corners. A square cornered highside Destiny must be very early 1993.
    Anyone seen one of these? May well need a new lamp set on the nearside?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 18 May 2012, 10:31 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not seen one like that before it's in Riva (mid blue) colours but it's a bathroom model on a built highside base i.e. not the later longer fibreglass base.
    How many highside (built bodied) destinys have you seen in mid blue?
    Now if Mike and Helen say they have found the bathroom fitted Destinys cramped then this one must be desperately so.
    Perhaps Riva did an extra length built body as an experiment before launching the fibreglass ones?
    Either that or the table must be barely suitable for four?

Though why look at the negatives? For a single person or a couple who really want a loo compartment this is far more easily managed than a glassfibre bodied Destiny 81cm longer.

I'm unsure though as while the seats look shorter they look longer than they would be if you took 80cm off for the toilet compartment.
    It does look good with the newer Riva upholsery and cupboards.

I wonder what weight suspension it is on. The bathroom would knock a bit off your packing if its only 750Kg.

Just heard from a very nice lady from Bolton. Well as nice as you can get with the provision that you're from Bolton.

Gail read my comments and had got her tape measure out and it appears the Destiny is 346cm along the body.

The good lady is junking the Dandy because of her kids growing up and not needing the space also her back is pretty shot and she is no longer enjoying unfolding the Destiny. That said when she says gas struts, there are gas struts on the walls and on the the beds.

The drawbar is rated to 1000Kg so I would guess at a 1000Kg axle as well.

Phoned the lady back to confirm another measurement ( the specs on Riva's site show an unusually long drawbar length on older Destinys)no the length is as usual about 103cm.

I forgot to ask about the skirts. One as shown in the picture or two?
    I will remind you that though I've not exercised the option TVS were quoting me around £350 for turning a sun canopy into a lightweight awning. There is more fabric required for this than the Delta I was looking at but it should be significantly cheaper than the £1,000 that they charged for the full awning for a Destiny that I featured a few months back.

Now in the back of her mind Gail seems to remember a quote about the number of these that were made, (Not many) but as she is unsure she didn't want this passing on. She had forgot all about the rarity as she had been to Riva recently and it had not been mentioned.

So there you have it a Destiny only 9cm shorter than a glassfibre bodied Destiny. Effectively probably longer as the gas bottle store is separate on these. If your looking to keep for a long time it has a standard dandy body which we know can be re-skinned easily as against fibreglass repairs.

Only sorry to be losing Gail as a member before we even gained her she sounded a lovely lady.
    I wish them all the best with their sale.

Preloved version of the ad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First of all a bump for Gail who is selling the above and was really lovely when she got in touch.
    Now her Destiny is pretty rare being a non glasfibre base with a bathroom.

Look at the corners. A square cornered highside Destiny must be very early 1993.

And of course a window at the bed end settee,must admit to never looking at these too closely but cant remember a window there,perhaps a customer special.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 19 May 2012, 10:48 am

This one is being re listed at £500 less than the first time.

If this floats your boat this is the sort of level of sale where a non eBay sale makes a real difference.
    The item never got a bid originally. A non eBay approach could see the buyer paying sub £5,000 with the seller ending up with the same as if it sold for £5,500 on eBay.

Tow Itch wrote: 2007 Destiny. Acrylic awning, bathroom, motor mover one of the last ones made.

Bids starting at £6,000 I would imagine at this price you would be buying from Riva.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 20 May 2012, 10:51 pm

Tidy looking late 60's early 70's 4. Modern Wheels.
    It has the sloped sides on the awning like my Green Un not the straight sides I've seen on all the other older 4s.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 20 May 2012, 11:02 pm

60's or 70's Green 4 new suspension but no awning £200.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 21 May 2012, 11:58 am

A 6 do you like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 22 May 2012, 12:20 am

mike wrote:A 6 do you like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

do you recon the walls are wall papered or fablon good Idea Very Happy love being nosey bounce bounce
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 25 May 2012, 12:00 am

Er, look at the back wall, then look at the front wall??????????

Never seen anything like picture 3.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 May 2012, 5:56 am

A few new ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] click on the model you fancy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 May 2012, 5:57 am

Tow Itch wrote: Er, look at the back wall, then look at the front wall??????????

Never seen anything like picture 3.

As you know it looks like insulation on the back wall,maybe it was to save money if they use the awning,i would still want it at the front though
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 May 2012, 9:59 am

mike wrote:A 6 do you like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its on preloved £600
    LancashireLass

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 Empty We bought it!

Post by LancashireLass Sat 26 May 2012, 10:45 pm

[/quote]
    Hi! I am a newbie at this so not sure if I am adding this correctly!? Anyway, here goes... Stumbled on this great Dandy by accident on Preloved and ....we have bought it!! We are very excited with our upgrade. Just what we were looking for and only a two hour drive to pick it up. We are planning to try it out in the Lakes over half-term with our two boys.
    Hope the lovely weather holds out that long?
    I have also registered with your super website. I have already enjoyed reading lots of interesting posts and thought it was about time I said Hello and joined in. New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 3870488038

Also we are now selling an old Dandy 6 listed on eBay.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 May 2012, 5:17 am

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1217042266 to the forum and New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1428739134 on your new dandy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 28 May 2012, 5:19 pm

This looks clean for £500[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    fenhel1

Post by fenhel1 Mon 28 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Hi, a new comer to to this site and dandy but my husband had one years ago. so we have just bought the dandy you showed a link for, the £500 one on ebay. Cant wait, weekends away, weeks away cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 28 May 2012, 9:19 pm

fenhel1 wrote:Hi, a new comer to to this site and dandy but my husband had one years ago. so we have just bought the dandy you showed a link for, the £500 one on ebay. Cant wait, weekends away, weeks away cheers

Hello we normally do the welcomes elsewhere but you are more than welcome. Any questions or as your husbands an old hand any tips welcome. Look forward to you submitting photos or reviews.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 28 May 2012, 9:40 pm

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1066248140 and congratulations, it looks like a lovely Dandy New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1428739134
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 28 May 2012, 11:52 pm

fenhel1 wrote:Hi, a new comer to to this site and dandy but my husband had one years ago. so we have just bought the dandy you showed a link for, the £500 one on ebay. Cant wait, weekends away, weeks away cheers

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1217042266 just had a good nose around the link and what a lovely Dandy and as Tow Itch say's tips very welcome New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1217042266
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 29 May 2012, 9:12 am

Not been looking at eBay regularly for a while some stuff I missed:

This was a steal for someone.

Saw this and thought it was a trader re selling the one from Norfolk.
    It's not and he's got the weights wrong. Nice enough but no heater and no bed for little Johnny if they don't find a proper table for between the seats!

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 29 May 2012, 3:57 pm

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 21 1217042266 hope its as nice as it looks

mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:55 am