Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

fenhel1

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 22 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by fenhel1 Tue 29 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Yes its absolutely spotless, extremely happy with it. Can't wait to go away now
    Cazz
    Cazz

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 22 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Cazz Tue 29 May 2012, 4:25 pm

fenhel1 wrote:Hi, a new comer to to this site and dandy but my husband had one years ago. so we have just bought the dandy you showed a link for, the £500 one on ebay. Cant wait, weekends away, weeks away cheers

Nearly missed this.

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 22 1217042266 and New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 22 1428739134 on your Dandy, it looks in lovely condition, very well looked after.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 30 May 2012, 10:12 am

Gumtree green 4 notionally new suspension body looking a bit ragged no mention of an awning £200 ONO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

90's Dart Stoke On Trent £1,300 winterised heater.

Brown Dart Cambridge £600

Dandy 4 or possibly 5 60's 0r 70's re walled in white. Canvas awning.

Dart with awning and heater in Stevenage Freeads £600

Still on Freeads Discovery. Listed as 1989 but blue and white. Awning no heater not winterised. Bournemouth £750 I'd try to knock down been on for months (since Christmas if not before) first viewer thought it was a little grubby, they may have cleaned up?

1988 5 winterised and heater. Starting at £450. Either jump in quick before bidding starts to agree price or see if it doesn't sell before the weekend it may not go anywhere. Could end up as a bargain. eBay.

Dandy for bits. Sent him a post saying size and colour may help selling bits.

Dandy not a 5 if there are 2 correct facts in this add I'd be shocked. For more details see Preloved, been on there for ever.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Fancy a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

£50 that's the price of a new pair of those hub caps.

Buy the hubcaps and get a free camper?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:56 am

A [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it mentions possible welding at the front would just need checking and i dont think the walls are insulated but this could easy be a genuine mistake looking at there feed back
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 02 Jun 2012, 10:05 am

mike wrote:A [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it mentions possible welding at the front would just need checking and i dont think the walls are insulated but this could easy be a genuine mistake looking at there feed back

As said further down in the ad a 4/5.
    Ben_Rach01
    Ben_Rach01

Post by Ben_Rach01 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Tow Itch wrote: £50 that's the price of a new pair of those hub caps.

Good find! Although wouldn't fancy going all the way down to Cornwall. Have enquired about the caps though as we have one missing!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

Not quiet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks like a bit of a rebuild
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 11:55 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:A [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it mentions possible welding at the front would just need checking and i dont think the walls are insulated but this could easy be a genuine mistake looking at there feed back

As said further down in the ad a 4/5.

at top says 5/6 births then as you say 4/5 but looks like 4 as the kitchen unit is in the way for an adult would be a kiddy's bed bounce bounce
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:41 am

Preloved Advert

--------------------------------------------

Dandy folding camper/trailer tent

Llanymynech, Powys, UK

£400

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Description

Older Dandy, 4 berth 2 double beds, I bench seat. PVC sides recently replaced. Roof winterised and in good condition. Mains hook up working, but not PAT tested. Gas connections in place but not used by us. Submersible pump water connections in place but not used by us. Has a lockable front box.

Has cotton canvas Apache awning, which doubles living area. This is an adapted drive away awning, not the original Dandy one.

--------------------------------------------

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:45 am

Starting Bid 99p

Item location: Halifax, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

No Pictures

Brown and white Dandy Trailer tent for sale built in Wigan UK in 1982. This is well used but perfectly serviceable.
    This has the vinyl walls and double skinned roof so it is much like a caravan. Easy to erect and put away you can even put it away wet.
    Includes gas cooker gas bottle, cupboards water tank whale water foot pump, matresses/seats. spare wheel. etc.

This is a cheap alternative to a caravan and it doen not need much room to store.
    It is currently in my garage and my new car does not have a towbar I also have a steep driveway so I could push it out for a photo but will be unable to put it away again.

Bad bits
    Some elastic cording needs replacing and needs a bit of other smartening up.

This tent is been sold to raise money for the C.A.T.Z Project.
    The C.A.T.Z Project is Container Aid to Zimbabwe where we will be filling a container
    here in Haifax, UK and shipping it to Harare, Zimbabwe to help meet the vast needs of the
    suffering Zimbabwean people. It is but a drop in the ocean but we have to start somewhere.
    If you want to help This Charity then please give as much as you can. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Ben_Rach01
    Ben_Rach01

Post by Ben_Rach01 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Ben_Rach01 wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: £50 that's the price of a new pair of those hub caps.

Good find! Although wouldn't fancy going all the way down to Cornwall. Have enquired about the caps though as we have one missing!

They won't sell them seperately despite it being for spares/repairs but fair enough... would be tempted at £50, but it is 300+ miles away! Laughing
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:15 am

Looks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:10 am

mike wrote:Looks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks really good Mike! It would be perfect for Kay except I know she really wants an insulated one.......I don't think she's prepared to compromise on that as she wants one to use all year round.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

Nice looking green one,if you look carefully i bet its been used with the awning a lot,you can see a difference in the color due to fading,i love the shape of the awnings on these.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 11 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Sure this destiny has been on before nice though

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:26 pm

mike wrote:Nice looking green one,if you look carefully i bet its been used with the awning a lot,you can see a difference in the color due to fading,i love the shape of the awnings on these.

We might go and view this one as it's miles from us. If anyone is interested, then please PM me.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:10 pm

This one looks ok and we considered it for Kay - Although she really doesn't want to compromise on it being insulated. Which is fair enough as we will use it all year round....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is billed as being - A DANDY FOLDING CAMPER, TRAILER TENT WITH RARE GENUINE ORIGINAL AWNING & GROUND SHEET READY TO GO. Towing weight is only 350kg unladen and it is braked!! So it is ideal for trikes & small cars as well!! Comes with instructions for the camper and the awning. I have been advised this is an '80's model DANDY 4.

Sorry the pictures are small, can't work out how to get them bigger at the moment....
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm

MrsG wrote:This one looks ok and we considered it for Kay - Although she really doesn't want to compromise on it being insulated. Which is fair enough as we will use it all year round....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is billed as being - A DANDY FOLDING CAMPER, TRAILER TENT WITH RARE GENUINE ORIGINAL AWNING & GROUND SHEET READY TO GO. Towing weight is only 350kg unladen and it is braked!! So it is ideal for trikes & small cars as well!! Comes with instructions for the camper and the awning. I have been advised this is an '80's model DANDY 4.

Sorry the pictures are small, can't work out how to get them bigger at the moment....

Lucy its been on before i think and its already close to its value at 595 in my opinion Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:21 pm

"This one looks ok and we considered it for Kay - Although she really doesn't want to compromise on it being insulated. Which is fair enough as we will use it all year round....Dandy 4 "

even though its closed it was insulated Dandy's are brown walled as well as white when insulated flower
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

Another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:11 pm

This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks nice,but you could make the mistake of thinking its insulated,to be fair to the seller they are not saying it is just quoting from a riva sales blurb,still a nice looking dandy
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Sat 16 Jun 2012, 3:43 pm

The dart looks awesome!

Can I have it please? I'd like two - a biggie & a baby! Wink Wink
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 16 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

MrsG wrote:The dart looks awesome!

Can I have it please? I'd like two - a biggie & a baby! Wink Wink

Are you planning on joining the two Dandy club? cheers

Ours aren't big and small, they're old, and very old. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:49 pm