Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Eberspacher D2 heater

naedoot
    naedoot

Eberspacher D2 heater Empty Eberspacher D2 heater

Post by naedoot Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:01 pm

Not sure if it is of any use to anyone but thought I would post it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Eberspacher D2 heater Empty Re: Eberspacher D2 heater

Post by mike Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:35 am

Fitted in a camper with and run on red diesel could be good
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Eberspacher D2 heater Empty Eberspacher D2

Post by Owd Lad Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:26 am

Our little motor home utilises one of these and they are superb. I don't know how they stack up against the likes of Propex but I suspect that they are a similar type of product, just running on a different fuel. New, they're eye-wateringly expensive. In use they are very frugal on fuel but noisy until they get up to temperature. After that they settle down to nothing more than you get from running a cool box. Excellent for a motorised camper, not sure if they'd be worth the hassle of trying to fit to a Dandy. Must confess though, the one that's for sale is a snip at that price.

Steve
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Thu 09 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

My friend had a Webasto diesel heater in his T5 vw California which is similar to the Eberspacher,these diesel heater are fantastic as they draw the fuel from the campervans fuel tank.
    I would say the noise levels are quieter in the diesel heater but this could be due to it being factory installed so well insulated.
    The Propex cost's same to run but less to buy initially but i find our propex heater noisy but this could be reduced with insulating the walls of the enclosure.
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

Propex all the way mounted into the floor in a 3mm thick enclosure fully insulated & sound deadened

No noise just a warm Danday

Ive looked at fitting a webasto into my VW T5 due to it not been a factory kombi conversion the rear passengers can get cold till the van warms through...Webasto/Eberspachers also like the GSM modification & theres an app available for your iphone to turn them on when your alarm wakes you up in the morning...Ideal for the frosty mornings
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:10 am

like the idea of these type of heaters as fir the remote function well that can be fun.

had a remote start alarm fitted to my motorbike and when a neighbour asked what the buttons on the fob were for I should them.

point click and engine started - wow was the response - yes i said great for winter months as it heats it up

great thing it was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:23 pm