Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Car insurance and towing a Dandy?

jenstar
    jenstar

Car insurance and towing a Dandy? Empty Car insurance and towing a Dandy?

Post by jenstar Thu 08 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

Hi everyone, do you need to let your car insurance provider that you tow a Dandy, I thought if it was under a certain weight and length you didnt need to am I wrong about that? Thanks! Question
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Car insurance and towing a Dandy? Empty Re: Car insurance and towing a Dandy?

Post by Krist0n Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

I know you need to let them know if you have had a towbar put on the car, as it's classed as a modification. This put my premium up a little. The car insurance doesn't cover my Dandy, nor anything the Dandy hits.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:45 pm

We did tell our insurance company we tow but like Kriston they only cover the car and not the Dandy.
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:12 pm

Hi both, thats fine I will tell them then, my camper insurance only covers the Dandy when stationary any way, not while it is on the road.
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

I am of course now looking into an insurance which covers the Dandy for both!(On and off road!lol) I only found out this week that it didnt!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:52 pm