Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Towing Dandy

greycamper

Towing Dandy Empty Towing Dandy

Post by greycamper Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:45 pm

Hi Everybody,

After towing my caravan, I was a little apprehensive about towing my Dandy. Even though people said it was easy, took me all my time to get it going by pushing, must be old age now. Someone always stops, are you OK love, and does the job for me ha ha, grey hair works wonders.

Connected my camper to my Fiat 1.2, expected a slight pull, nothing, it was a breeze, couldnt beleive how easy they are, even after my suppose Freedom Caravan (different car), dreaded climbing the hill, which you cannot avoid, and up she went no prob. Was only going a short journey to Riva Dandy to see Ian, such a nice helpfull chap, great he is.

Said to my family, should have got one instead of that caravan, but you lot said NO, but we all learn.

So hope to meet you all on my travels now, I have my confidence Towing Dandy 184121345

Thank you all, for your help over the past few months

Regards
    Patricia
    navver

Towing Dandy Empty Re: Towing Dandy

Post by navver Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm

Well done, they really are easy. We bought the designer specifically so we could tow it with our 1.2 Panda in case we need to drop to one car now I am retired. Your delta is probably half the max tow weight of the car and with them being so low there is no extra wind resistance. Its the wind resistance which uses all the power on the motorway.

BTW there is a light blue & whit dart awning on ebay which they say they have used on their delta. Any good to you?
    greycamper

Post by greycamper Wed 22 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply and about ebay, will check on there now. Just been on looking for a spare tyre

Regards
    Patricia
    greycamper

Post by greycamper Wed 22 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

Hi, Again

Said they was selling it because they were on there own. I was considering one of them, but was toying with the idea of a Kyham Quick Erect Screenhouse, take 10 seconds to put that up on my own.

Thanks for letting me know, I have asked for reserve price.

Regards
    Patricia

Sponsored content

Towing Dandy Empty Re: Towing Dandy

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:18 am