Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
Cazz
hannah3dog
Caz1960
Tow Itch
mike
Helen
shell+baz
11 posters

New to Dandy Campers

shell+baz

New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 Empty HIDEHI

Post by shell+baz Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the link to preloved I will keep a close eye on the site. Fingers crossed it wont be long before we can join you all on one of the rallys for a drink or three New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 1912976309
    HIDEHI

New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Dandy Campers

Post by HIDEHI Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:30 pm

yer a preeloved drink in a dandy lol
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

shell+baz wrote:We have seen Minnie a few times but was unsure if she was still for sale. Was also a little worried about her condition. Saying that I now feel you would be more honest because your a member which makes me feel much better. What sort of price did you have in mind for her pale.

Hiya,
    I will be honest she's not perfect, the main issue for people being her lack of a Dandy Kitchen, but we have replaced that with a trailer tent one which can also be used in the awning if you prefer which you can't do with a regular Dandy kitchen unit. She also has some scuffs on her bodywork, but nothing to major and will probably need a new damper next year
    She is winterised, but doesn't have an underfloor heater. The awning we bought off Helen who had adapted it to fit her Designer before she got a Dandy awning.
    Having said all that she's a nice little unit, please feel free to ask Helen Mike or Eilis on here who have all seen her what she's like. We were ideally looking for £1100 for her, but I'd happily sell her to a forum member for £1000. There's more pictures of her on our for sale thread on this forum, but if you want any more info or want to come and see her just ask.
    shell+baz

New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 Empty Minnie

Post by shell+baz Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:07 pm

That is really kind of you to take so much off your asking price. I will ask the hubby to have another look at our budget and get back to you a.s.a.p. If I can bend his arm we may pay you a visit to have a look at minnie but it is quite a distance so will let you know. Question New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 115684958
    shell+baz

New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 Empty HIDEHI

Post by shell+baz Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

Sounds like a plan New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 2702329197
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Sat 20 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

Hi the problem with buying a Dandy uis yiou get adicte3d to them for life.

lol! New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 3517506835 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 2702329197 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 2170595768 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 1066248140 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 2792229418 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 184121345 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 2618919104 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 496639318 afro New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 1710857839 New to Dandy Campers - Page 2 1912976309
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

shell+baz wrote:Cheers everyone for your great advice study . I understand entirely about getting an earlier brown dandy to try out first but my husband is having none of it.The most important things for us are to have one a bit bigger than the dart. We also would like insulation and a heater but apart from that would do some work ourselves if need be. Not so bothered about all the extras at the moment because we are on a budget. I was hoping to pay £700 tops so looks like I will have to wait for a bargain to come my way. I'm sure the right one will come my way

Bigger you will manage but the colour, insulation and heater might be a bit hard to package together for £700. I'd set a limit of £800 for whatever I could get, then suddenly got lucky.

Spent a couple of hundred on it so far and it now needs a new damper so I'll adjust the brakes and bearings at the same time.

Then it's getting round to the gas struts.

Not bought new tyres since buying either. Cheap hobby camping?
    HIDEHI

Post by HIDEHI Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:31 am

Tow Itch wrote:
    shell+baz wrote:Cheers everyone for your great advice study . I understand entirely about getting an earlier brown dandy to try out first but my husband is having none of it.The most important things for us are to have one a bit bigger than the dart. We also would like insulation and a heater but apart from that would do some work ourselves if need be. Not so bothered about all the extras at the moment because we are on a budget. I was hoping to pay £700 tops so looks like I will have to wait for a bargain to come my way. I'm sure the right one will come my way

Bigger you will manage but the colour, insulation and heater might be a bit hard to package together for £700. I'd set a limit of £800 for whatever I could get, then suddenly got lucky.

Spent a couple of hundred on it so far and it now needs a new damper so I'll adjust the brakes and bearings at the same time.

Then it's getting round to the gas struts.

Not bought new tyres since buying either. Cheap hobby camping?

We got gas struts fited on monday 15th oct, in Stoke , Realy nice guy he fited struts and new stainless steel rivets and showed me a new way of erecting the dandy, and still only charged me £200 for every thing & inc the struts.
    He also showed me a few things i had not noticed that needed work, and gues what he fixed some there and then.
    Richard loves dandies . He alters them for disabled persons to use,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:31 am