Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
peridot
campwoman
6 posters

hi Dandy campers!

campwoman

hi Dandy campers! Empty hi Dandy campers!

Post by campwoman Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

Hi y'all. I've just inherited my first dandy trailer (a 60s green beauty) and am setting off next week for a two-week holiday in it. Thing is, I've never put it up myself, and though I just watched a very helpful film on youtube it didn't show me how to put the awning up - can anyone point me at a video I could watch that's about doing just that?
    Great to have a forum for Dandys and their owners!
    Cheers
    Campwoman
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

hi Dandy campers! Empty Re: hi Dandy campers!

Post by peridot Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:48 pm

Hi and welcome campwoman.

Congratulations on your Dandy - hope you have a great time with it.

There's a discussion about an awning video on the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately the general consensus seems to be that there aren't any videos around at the moment, however there are other members here with similar units to yours that will be along to give you the basic tips you need.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 25 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

Hi Campwoman and a very big welcome. A picture would be nice and probably very helpful for anyone giving advise. There are 2 or 3 on here with green ones.

I know Tow Itch has one with an awning. Here :  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:02 am

Sorry I was about to post this at around 10.30 then fell asleep. Quite a few other people now posted. Not much value in this now. campwoman wrote:Hi y'all. I've just inherited my first dandy trailer (a 60s green beauty) and am setting off next week for a two-week holiday in it. Thing is, I've never put it up myself, and though I just watched a very helpful film on youtube it didn't show me how to put the awning up - can anyone point me at a video I could watch that's about doing just that?
    Great to have a forum for Dandys and their owners!
    Cheers
    Campwoman

We can't point a video out to you as there isn't one, we did recently develop a thread on doing a video on the much later and larger Destiny but it just descended into a mickey taking session about the marital stress of putting up an awning. 
    Good news the early Dandy awnings are slightly smaller but much easier to put up.
    Is yours an early awning or the early awning MK2? Have you ever seen it up? The earliest awnings had vertical left and right sides the MK2 had sloped sides. My instructions are as per the MK2 which I have put up I can't believe that the straight sided model is that different? 
    Arrange out the poles the 5 straight sided poles are from the Dandy to the end. 3 shorter are the outside mounted poles the 2 longer ones with the U piece on the end being the interior ones. Work out which interior pole clip the U's slide into from the outer flap position.Assemble the two legs and the centre piece together and set up the frame. Throw the awning over centralise and tie the flap inside of the Dandy roof and rollout the awning..
     The press studs on my awning fit where they touch the studs on the Dandy. They are somewhat poorly if not misaligned but it all goes together.
     Then press stub on the front flap for the door and you are set up
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:44 am

It really helps to roll the awning before lifting it onto the frame, you can then just roll it back. 

Welcome to the Dandy Campers and congratulations on your Dandy, we love pictures here so please take some of your first adventure ..... looking forward to hearing all about it and how you got on with your awning hi Dandy campers! 1066248140
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:24 am

if you are on campsites there is always somebody that are willing to help you

Oh yes ...... always have a few beers to hand 👍the silicone spray is great advice not just for the awning but for inside the Dandy  too, it helps everything slide easily into place.

Dont know what's happened, I was quoting from Caz's post but seem to have lost it ...... sorry Caz I think I pressed the edit button instead of quote hi Dandy campers! 2024858757

Caz said use silicone spray to polish the inside of the awning roof to help it slide across easily and also she works from the front rather than the sides but there is always someone willing to help on a campsite.

Helen x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 3:56 am