Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy folding camper sagging roof

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper sagging roof Empty Dandy folding camper sagging roof

Post by mike Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

The roof on dandy sixes is not supported between the roof hoop that locks onto the walls and the bed wall,this is no detriment to its function but it can look to sag a bit.
    I have put an extra roof support bar in at each end,from the picture you will see how easy it was,the brackets and the piece that rivets onto the bar can both be obtained from Riva Dandy sales,the only other things you need is the roof pole i used a old tent pole which had a spring connection in the middle, this i drilled on each side and popped a couple of rivets in to make it solid,the other thing of course is a rivet gun and rivets,but after saying rivets Ian at Riva sent the brackets complete with rivets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper sagging roof Empty Re: Dandy folding camper sagging roof

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Kevin tells me the copper pipe cutter will give a smooth cut on tent poles

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:25 pm

Mike that's a perfect factory looking job there.We need some plastic C Clips to fit into the end of the awning poles and i am so impressed that all this stuff is readily available from most caravan/camping shops we also need some replacement kitchen door catches and a plastic hinge again all readily available.Its not surprising they break they are so cheap and nasty i could upgrade the bits but its easier to replace like for like.I guess the cost of new tooling and low sales these components will be available for years to come.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

NickB wrote:Mike that's a perfect factory looking job there.We need some plastic C Clips to fit into the end of the awning poles and i am so impressed that all this stuff is readily available from most caravan/camping shops we also need some replacement kitchen door catches and a plastic hinge again all readily available.Its not surprising they break they are so cheap and nasty i could upgrade the bits but its easier to replace like for like.I guess the cost of new tooling and low sales these components will be available for years to come.

The really interesting thing is Ian said he hadn't got any brackets in stock,it would be about a week before he could make some.Wonder if you would get the same answer from other manufacturers or would it just be a case of we dont do them any more.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:06 pm

I think maybe the bed leg brackets that we did would be okay to support a roof bar like this and they were really cheap and easy to do too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 11:50 am