Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy sun canopy

Dholtuk

Dandy sun canopy Empty Dandy sun canopy

Post by Dholtuk Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm

Hi please can anyone tell me how much a dandy dart sun canopy is worth. Many thanks
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy sun canopy Empty Re: Dandy sun canopy

Post by Tow Itch Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Hi please can anyone tell me how much a dandy dart sun canopy is worth. Many thanks
    As much as someone will pay for it!

Not been silly it's just hard to judge. Is it for a Dart? This is your first post and some people believe that all Dandys are Darts much in the same way that all Reliants are Robins. Then if it is for a 4 is that 4 a Dart or one of the earlier versions, possibly with different poles. Oh are you sure you have all the poles?

Dandys seem to have fallen in price this year, so I'd expect the same for an awning or sun canopy.

Awnings come up more often. Ian (Riva) still sells some second hand ones for £400 but I think privately it's more like £200. Few sun canopies come up. Rather than spend serious money on a PVC sun canopy most seem to hold out for a PVC awning or buy a cheap alternative awning.

At the bottom end of pricing there was a brown and white awning with damaged zips that was for sale last year. Might have been the beginning of this year. That took months to sell at just £35. This could have been repaired or cut down to an awning.

Sorry I've no better answer than my first one. You are welcome to sell here. Where did the Dandy go?
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:43 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it's definitely a dart and when we bought it it came with a full awning and also the sun canopy. We have used the awning but are unlikely to use the sun canopy so just wondered if it would be worth selling. We haven't actually put it up yet so would have to check if all poles are present. Thanks again
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:05 am

Welcome to the Dandy campers, we have both too but we do use both. The awning is great for longer stays but we do use the sun canopy for weekends, it protects the door and our table and chairs when it rains, also keeps the dew off them and is a darn sight easier to put than the awning Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 23 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm

Dholtuk wrote:Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it's definitely a dart and when we bought it it came with a full awning and also the sun canopy. We have used the awning but are unlikely to use the sun canopy so just wondered if it would be worth selling. We haven't actually put it up yet so would have to check if all poles are present. Thanks again
    Just a possibility if you end up thinking that the sun canopy might not be worth much?

I have an awning that I had zipped and a storm strap sewn into so it could act as a sun canopy. Also it became lighter to erect and though I didn't fully realise at the time much easier to fold up in a wind.
    However that awning is not the point. I also had a set of awning poles from an old trailer tent. Can't remember if it was the May or August Bank Holiday of 2012 but the weather was miserable (Remembered where the idea came from it was August) and there was a large group of friends camping about 9. So some form of shelter would be ideal. Also still wanted to have a barbecue/fire and sitting out in the rain didn't appeal. So I took the set of awning poles a pipe cutter and some Jubilee clips and jerry (or jury) rigged a sun canopy(sic) for the end of the awning. So had that area of 13' X 9'or so and the front door of my awning could be unzipped, rolled up and bungeed to give an additional 6' of depth, creating a 13' X 15' sheltered area.
    All a bit rough see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So if you have a spare sun canopy all it needs is three bits of tube of standard Dandy diameter, for the swaged ends to fit in. and you have the possibility of an awning and sun canopy. You could tidy it up by having a zip set into the awning to allow the sun canopy to be zipped on.
    Just an idea. Fortunately not that needed this year but who can guarantee against another year like last year.
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:27 pm

Thanks everyone. This has been our first season with a dandy so I think I will just see how we go and we may try out your suggestions. Thanks again.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm

Hello and Dandy sun canopy 1066248140 Dholtuk

If we had an awning and a sun canopy for either of ours in all honesty we would keep both of them. We use Phoenix with the sun canopy for short stays and Dylan with the awning for longer stays. Also if you ever want to sell your Dandy having both would be a good selling point. Hopefully you will have years of fun and won't want to part with it though. Smile
    Dholtuk

Post by Dholtuk Mon 23 Sep 2013, 8:34 pm

I think I will definitely keep both now. I'm completely obsessed with my new dandy now. After owning tents, folding campers and a caravan I can safely say I will never part with this now. (Unless I come into some money and upgrade to a bigger newer version lol) x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 6:26 am