Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Eilis
Keith
6 posters

Android phone apps

Keith
    Keith

Android phone apps Empty Android phone apps

Post by Keith Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

Now most people have an Android type phone and there are so many apps available to use and amuse. One app I use ALL the time is a free one called DailyRoads Voyager from the app market, basically it's a program that once installed on your phone enables you to record your journey in user determined time segments (a bit like police traffic cars).

The main benefit is that should you be unfortunate enough to have an acccident that is not your fault then the evidence is stored on your phone for reference by the insurance companies involved as I found out to my benefit a few weeks ago when a van pulled out in front of my taxi and blamed me, the police arrived as his wife said she was injure,I explained to the officer about my video he looked at it and clearly saw that it was not my fault.

So what apps do you use, apart from angry birds etc?
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Android phone apps Empty Re: Android phone apps

Post by Eilis Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:00 am

i'm afraid i don't have an iphone or android etc so no apps

i am looking at the moment as i'm due an upgrade but can't decide which type to get
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:09 am

I am only just getting to grips with a mobile phone Keith, I am technophobic and got my first mobile last year as it was a present, it ended up having a 60degree wash within 24 hours and needed repairing, then it was playing up (is it a wonder) started using it a bit but then washed it again and so I gave up but eventually it started bleeping one night and had returned to life. It now works again but I only use it every now and then when we go away and I honestly couldn't tell you the number of it as I haven't got a clue what it is.

John likes his mobile phones and now he has seen a glimpse of Nicks at a recent meet he wants a better one Shocked

I was impressed when Nick could point his phone at a star and it would tell you the name though Very Happy

I think I may end up being dragged into the 21st century yet lol! That App sounds very useful and thank goodness you were not hurt in the accident and I hope it didn't effect your work too much. John was a taxi driver for a few years in the 90's so something like that would have been useful back then even with non-savoury customers in his car. Mad
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

Just read an interesting piece on a forum HTC phones and probably others leave the factory with a preloaded app designated wi-fi calling,according to the post this allows you to use any wi-fi hot spot to call any where in the world free,its not skype and its not on the phones when we get them, wonder why Very Happy

Dont know if its true but interesting.

mike
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:03 am

Very Happy if you get your mobile phone drowned place in a tub of rice ( uncooked) back off battery out for a day or two then should have dried out and working Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 29 Sep 2011, 7:00 am

Caz1960 wrote: Very Happy if you get your mobile phone drowned place in a tub of rice ( uncooked) back off battery out for a day or two then should have dried out and working Very Happy

i saw this recently on tv and as i have already lost one phone by putting it through the washing machine i decided to try it if (when probably knowing me) i do it again lol
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

Caz1960 wrote: Very Happy if you get your mobile phone drowned place in a tub of rice ( uncooked) back off battery out for a day or two then should have dried out and working Very Happy

My basic phone a few years back ended up in the dog water bowl, the rice method got that working again, in fact it still works to this day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 6:49 am