Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

What awning is this?

Aeronk

What awning is this? Empty What awning is this?

Post by Aeronk Tue 16 Oct 2018, 3:07 pm

I recently bought a Designer and it came with the awning in the photo below.  Its a PVC lower portion with cotton upper portion and roof.  Any one know if this is a proper Dandy awning or not?  Have had a good look around the forum and photographs and have seen nothing like it with anyone else.  Haven't got round to putting it up yet (the photograph is the sellers photo), but it looks like it fits under the roof and there are some wooden strips that fit along the bottom of the Dandy under the door with velcro on them and a few others that I think are for the 'draft' skirt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

What awning is this? Empty Re: What awning is this?

Post by Helen Mon 03 Dec 2018, 5:28 pm

That's not a Dandy awning but it looks great xxx
    Aeronk

Post by Aeronk Mon 03 Dec 2018, 5:59 pm

Yes Helen I've come to that conclusion as I haven't seen any other Dandy's with this type of awning its just that the bottom 2 feet or so is actually PVC like the Dandy. I just need to figure out a better way of attaching the PVC draft skirt that goes under the door and across the bed areas as it seems to use some wooden strips with velcro attached at the moment and it isn't very robust. I was thinking of installing poppers along the lower part of the bat wings and on the skirt not sure whether I should do that though as the official ones seem to have a flap fitted that accommodates the poppers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 03 May 2024, 2:56 am