Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper Empty What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

Is your dandy suited to your needs, would you part with it or have you become attached to it, what are it's good points and what would you change.

I have made my dandy just how I want it, there are only two of us and the designer suits us fine, It is insulated and has an underfloor heater so it's very cosy and comfortable so no I wouldn't swap it or change it. The only thing I can complain about is having to make up the settee as a bed at night but we do tend to do this before we hit the pop so that we can just fall into bed Laughing
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper Empty Re: What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper

Post by vickoir Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

i What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper 1468157981 my dandy
    as helen its a designer and perferct for nick and i (and the dog)
    my only wish the build quality was as good as the earlier models helens is more than 10 yrs older than ours and i know when ours is that age it will not be in as good condition no matter how careful we are with it (which we are)
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper Empty Re: What do you like or dislike about your Dandy folding camper

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:39 pm

Forgot to say that I would change the carpet for Lino and intend to do that. Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:43 pm

Where do i start my likes
    i can park it at home,i can erect it at home,its good in all weathers,easy towing with a small car,the 6 has loads of space for two,.both beds can be left up and we still have a lounging area,normally never camp next to one the same,its basic simple but well thought out,26 years old and still in great condition,cool in the summer,warm in the winter,no need to dry before packing away,can be moved easily by two people,erected on site in 10 min,the same time to fold away,under floor heater,good head room,the awning doubles the space,bet i have forgotten something.

Things i dont like

Let you know when i find something.oh yes mine needs the insulation adding before i venture out into the -8 weather lol!

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

oh yeah would prefer the underfloor heater in the light blue and brown dandys to our propex but on the positive side it is just as toasty with the propex when its freezing outside Wink
    Coffee1
    Coffee1

Post by Coffee1 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

I like our dandy too and its my bed that has to be made every night not Helens but it is very comfy and I do like the underfloor heater and the other half has done a good job making it nice and vicki has made us a very nice carpet too. The good thing is that it fits in the garage so no storage costs it can go away wet and I dont have to try to get up off an airbed on the floor in the mornings and I wake up feeling like I have had a good nights sleep even in bad weather unlike when we had a tent and I had to sleep next to a tent wall flapping about. I also like the fascination thing that people have when we are on a campsite. The only fault I can find is that it doesnt erect itself. Surprised
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

i like being the only Dandy on site well unless camping with you lot and i like being able to pack it away wet,i dislike the low hitch height and small wheels Smile
    Coffee1
    Coffee1

Post by Coffee1 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:06 pm

Your right about the hitch height Nick it is a bit low and with the underfloor heater I do go very carefully over any speed humps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 4:20 pm