Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+24
Terrytoolpath
Nick
Phoenix
peridot
abc5575
julie72
Nancy
beverley1232010
Maxwelltwo
jake001
Esermalda
Caz1960
naedoot
Kimmie
ChrisP
Cazz
flinstone
ShaunJUK
Helen
navver
alday
Tow Itch
The Admiral
mike
28 posters

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by peridot Mon 27 May 2013, 10:00 pm

I love the orange / yellow folding picnic table with that first one. I've never seen one that colour before.

I think I might encounter some domestic bother were I to buy another Dandy just because it came with a nice picnic table however Neutral
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 9 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 11:23 am

This one's cute and with only a day to go it's cheap too ...... I know it's not original but I think it looks rather smart outside with lots of potential inside. Is it me or doe's it look like it may have designer style seats inside ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 11:29 am

Discovery not insulated comes with awning

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 28 May 2013, 11:32 am

Helen wrote:This one's cute and with only a day to go it's cheap too ...... I know it's not original but I think it looks rather smart outside with lots of potential inside. Is it me or doe's it look like it may have designer style seats inside ?

Designer style seats?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 11:34 am

Yes if you look at the 'bed side' in front there seem to be box type units that designers have to put cushions on to create seating, in another photo it shows it with a mattress type thing over them to create a small bed.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 28 May 2013, 11:39 am

It looks like an old 5 so originally a discovery layout, but not converted to a true designer layout. The extension to the kitchen is still there whereas that should be the seat in a designer.

The walls have been recovered using an old awning that sounds like it may have been PVC?

Its a blue trailer but with brown cover so should be light blue & white 90s.
    The back is brown and seems to have vertical awning flaps indicating it's 60s early 70s?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 11:52 am

The back is navy like the front, the roof shape looks like an earlier Dandy I suspected it to be a 5 originally ..... wonder if they painted the trailer and made it look like the blue Dandy's to fit in better with the new colour walls. Then again it has the light blue Dandy carpet inside the tub ....... I'd love to know more about this one without actually buying it to find out Laughing
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 28 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Some tat on Gumtree at the moment:

A light blue Delta, not winterised, no mention of a heater or an awning £1,950 not even £1,950 ONO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's only as far as the Scottish Boarders to pick up though. Oh sorry it was £1,990 the £40.00 off will make all the difference.

Advertised in two different locations 80's 5 £500 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Have your wits about you.

A 6 for £300 then you notice the rip. Then you read how he is selling his awnings separately [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then a change an Orange Dandy can't make out if it's grey painted ply sides or plastic but it has the older wooden seat prop. With an awning only £225 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Preloved:

A Lowside Destiny with awning £1,700 Heater but only single skin sides. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Delta with awning no mention if winterised or of a heater £1,200 ONO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then the nice one a Designer winterised, heater and awning £1,300 ONO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 29 May 2013, 7:50 am

Hmnn doesn't look like pvc ..... cheap starting price

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 29 May 2013, 7:55 am

Lovely little pale blue and white fully insulated ..... another low start price ...... you'll need cif on that roof Laughing large alternative awning and very pretty interior furnishings.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 29 May 2013, 11:28 am

Helen wrote:Hmnn doesn't look like pvc ..... cheap starting price

Not sure if PVC or not but has the non opening windows. Look to the front RHS. Possibly similar to the rear. Rear over sink opens I can't tell on the other one becauseof the curtains but I'd expect it not to open.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 29 May 2013, 1:28 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    Helen wrote:Hmnn doesn't look like pvc ..... cheap starting price

Not sure if PVC or not but has the non opening windows. Look to the front RHS. Possibly similar to the rear. Rear over sink opens I can't tell on the other one becauseof the curtains but I'd expect it not to open.

Have downloaded the picture and enlarged it one or two inconsistency's Very Happy

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 29 May 2013, 2:56 pm

Saw this yesterday and intentionally said nothing: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A truly classic ad anyway I emailed the seller and as far as I can tell it could be a genuine sale it has a heater. As far as she can remember it's one colour inside so it might be insulated. She thought it was blue at first. Alas no awning but if it had an awning for that price I would have been on my way to pick it up today.

You can reply to the ad but I have the phone no as well. I'll post this in the moderators area if you are interested PM whichever moderator is on line when you are.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:20 pm

This one put on over £200 in the last hour and they could still have a bargain. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 06 Jun 2013, 4:39 pm

Different,makes a change from the normal colour mix

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:16 pm

mike wrote:Different,makes a change from the normal colour mix

I want this Dandy
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Nick wrote:

I want this Dandy

Buy it then Very Happy
    navver

Post by navver Mon 10 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

It's a 2003 and looks like dark blue but in the old shiny PVC rather than the matt PVC used from 2004 on. The kitchen looks like a crossover as well without those awkward triangular side pieces.
    navver

Post by navver Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:07 pm

This one looks nice for its age. It's a four, I think, and has an unusual window arrangement and both beds convert to settees.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:07 pm

Nick wrote:

I want this Dandy

That doesn't look like a very orangy green to us Bob!!!
    New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 9 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 9 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 9 3462454224
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

navver wrote:It's a 2003 and looks like dark blue but in the old shiny PVC rather than the matt PVC used from 2004 on. The kitchen looks like a crossover as well without those awkward triangular side pieces.

The flat-fronted, rounded corner doors on the kitchen unit look very smart. I can't recall seeing them on any other Dandy.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:14 am

Mine are flat fronted but not rounded corners. 2003 was a year of great experimentation as they transitionewd from light blue to dark blue.

It's got a square topped door and aluminium trim round the door whereas the dark blues have white plastic trim with a semi octagon topped door.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:35 pm

Fully insulated designer with what sounds like an acrylic awning .... whatever the awning is the price is low

Terrytoolpath

Post by Terrytoolpath Wed 12 Jun 2013, 5:58 pm

The Admiral wrote:
    Nick wrote:

I want this Dandy

Buy it then  Very Happy

Too late, I've stuck my neck out and bought it all being well i'll collect it friday

Terry
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:00 pm

Terrytoolpath wrote:
    The Admiral wrote:
    Nick wrote:

I want this Dandy

Buy it then  Very Happy

Too late, I've stuck my neck out and bought it all being well i'll collect it friday

Terry
    Well done,at least you will stand out in a crowd of dandys:D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 1:22 pm