Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Corner steady Dandy destiny

davemarshall

Corner steady Dandy destiny Empty Corner steady Dandy destiny

Post by davemarshall Wed 28 Aug 2013, 7:48 pm

Hi there I have just bought a 1993 Destiny in lovely condition just one snag, one of the corner steadies has sheared its bolt.It is approx 16 inches long and like a caravan steady not a post its un repairable so wonder if anyone knows where you can get a replacement. Dandy Riva can't help and I can't see any manufacturers name on. If not I will have to use a caravan stand or a car jack.

Cheers Dave
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Corner steady Dandy destiny Empty Re: Corner steady Dandy destiny

Post by Tow Itch Wed 28 Aug 2013, 8:46 pm

Hello Dave

Congratulations (or commiserations) on your first post. OK so most of us operate Dandy's own steady system so only limited numbers will have direct experience.
    Tried to look up "Caravan Steadies" in 400mm AL-KO are metric and came up with this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Alas out of stock.I was going to ask about what dimension is 16inch and isn't it just the height wound down to that is relevant but as well as the fixing points I see that AL-KO have moved on to fixed feet instead of swinging feet.
    Have you tried AL-KO to see if they have any new old stock?
    Caravan breakers? I have one near me if you have no joy.
    If these were fitted on a lot of lightweight units what about Pennine and Conway? Pennine is your last resort as their customer support is pants. If Conway Try Graham at Tent Valeting services who has tons of Conway spares. It might only end up costing you pennies if Graham has it. I have had a contact address for the rump of the Conway company. It will probably be on here somewhere, I've no idea where. Try asking Graham.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    There are mythical Caravan surplus parts stockists who buy up oversupply windows and fitments for pennies on the pound you could try researching one of these. Please return if you have any luck.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:45 pm

Here's a few

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:17 pm

Hi davemarshall Corner steady Dandy destiny 1066248140 

When you say it's unrepairable, how unrepairable?
    If the right person looks at it most things can be repaired somehow.
    When you say its sheared its bolt and its 16" long are you talking about the bolt that goes through the centre, if so you could you use a piece of threaded rod.
    Pictures are always good, you can not post them for 7 days, but if you send them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and let us know we can host them for you for the first week.Smile
    davemarshall

Corner steady Dandy destiny Empty Thanks

Post by davemarshall Thu 29 Aug 2013, 8:23 am

One of them looks suitable on leisure direct will check dimensions if no joy will post photo and dimensions.

Many thanks

Dave
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 29 Aug 2013, 12:59 pm

I missed what was suitable on Leisure direct couldn't see anything around 400mm or 406.4mm for 16 inch.
    Could see where Phoenix is going with a piece of threaded bar or perhaps the screw thread from a larger leg if the thread is a b@st@rd size. (It is a legitimate {ouch} engineering term)
    Looked on Youtube and Conways do use wind down legs. TVS have them at £25 for 1 or £90 for 4. Both plus £15 carriage. I would check though as they said the legs are handed so you will need some measurements and an idea of bolt positions to confirm what you want.
    davemarshall

Post by davemarshall Thu 29 Aug 2013, 1:14 pm

Cheers thanks for your great help
    davemarshall

Corner steady Dandy destiny Empty Solved corner steady problem

Post by davemarshall Wed 16 Oct 2013, 2:42 pm

Found a good way of solving problem bought a 2 ton bottle jack for £15 great if I have a puncture too
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 16 Oct 2013, 3:15 pm

Sounds great, for a more permanent solution would it be worth looking at caravan breakers for a corner steady Question 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:03 am