Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Park Farm Holiday Park - Manorbie, Tenby, South Wales

Aeronk

Park Farm Holiday Park - Manorbie, Tenby, South Wales Empty Park Farm Holiday Park - Manorbie, Tenby, South Wales

Post by Aeronk Sun 02 Sep 2018, 3:46 pm

Just had our first outing in a newly acquired Dandy Designer (1992).  All went reasonably well for a some first timers and we stayed at Home Park Farm near Manorbie, Tenby, South Wales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Prices seemed quite reasonable being on a par with other sites I have looked at and facilities were very good.  Well kept toilet and shower block with washing facilities mainly for dishes etc but I suppose you could wash just about anything in them.  Quite a few EHU pitches although some pitches were a bit on the steep side so there is a need to be careful with what pitch you get.  EHU is 6 amp or 10 amp, although I did get a 16 amp connection for the price of the 10 amp.  This was due to a shortage of pitches but I was accommodated after phoning up the day I wanted to start the holiday.  So short notice booking is ok.

The site is adjacent to a static caravan site and ours had a few caravans and tents already hooked up but quite a few empty pitches so I guess they were expecting more to arrive in the next few days.  The layout plan they provide shows over 90 pitches on the site. The site is secure with coded entry locks on the main site barrier and also a coded gate to a footpath leading down to the beach, which is about a 10 min walk away but is quite a steep path in parts with steps.  (Great going down but potentially a hard slog coming back!)

Tenby, a seaside village is about a 10 minute drive away with other villages also in the vicinity with local convenience stores, pubs and chip shops etc..

I am not an experienced camper and so my first outing needed to be straight forward and not off-putting, this certainly wasn’t off putting at all but others will have their own views by comparing to other sites visited.  For us, as a first time holiday, it was great and we enjoyed (so did our dog who was allowed on the site.)

I didn't take many photos but here a few examples of part of the site, footpath at the beach and the beach itself where there seemed to be a few surfers enjoying the facilities.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 1:24 am