Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by mike Thu 21 Jul 2011, 6:08 pm

cazz wrote:Ther's this blue and white on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its annoying to say the least why no interior shots
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by Tow Itch Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:42 pm

cazz wrote:
    mike wrote:
    Cazz wrote:Kevin, your considerably lack of knowledge made me laugh. Sounds like me. Very Happy

This one is on ebay today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No exterior pics, as yet and no mention of an awning.

Think i would need to see more detailed pictures to asses the quality of the renovation,the pictures on at the moment do nothing for me.

mike

Or me, the kitchen described isn't shown either. Why do people advertise things with poor pictures? But it does say more to follow, they will hopefully prove more enlightening.

This really does need to be seen.

It,s a 4/5 as stated.

The roof, the front and back walls the suspension units and the hitch are probably the only original major components.
    The new PVC walls are a light grey blue.
    The inside is a lot tidier than the pictures suggest there are some nicks in the vinyl upholstered bars at the side of the beds, but generally quite tidy. The beds and the pad for the top of the storage box have been re upholstered, unfortunately it was probably a better colour match when the PVC was brown. The transfer material on the tub walls is not scraped. The "Rub Off" of the paint on the metal spar on the right is from movement in transit of the kitchen unit.
    Sorry the bed bases and walls to the side of are original but have been painted
    The major strength of this unit is that the whole of the tub has been re built.
    Not just the woodwork but the steel as well. This new chassis also being in 3mm walled steel not 1.5mm? (1.6? original tube wall
    thickness) This looks to have been painted with smothrite.
    The rear light clusters are also new.
    In many ways what you are buying is a new unit.
    Downsides. Not the best colour combination of cream and brown tub sides, deep burgundy doors (painted) and blue grey PVC sides.
    Suspension and brakes: While no point in replacing functional units. these must be at least 30 years old, for this must be a very early 4/5 as it still has rod brakes. If the primary advantage of the unit is it's perceived longevity then what happens when the most likely units to fail do so? Going with a new hitch and going to unbraked units is one option. I'm not sure if the backplates can be grafted onto a stub axle? Also when the units are replaced it will be a grind off weld on or weld on studded plates, because as per original these suspension units are welded on.
    Woodwork: If spending so much on steelwork why re fit with OSB board rather than ply?. Painting on side could do with a clear sealer soon before deterioration.
    Electrics a RCD fitted with twin double sockets. Believed to be working but not tested by myself. No hook up cable as non was supplied with their new Dandy. No 12v fitments.
    Cooker a very tidy free standing unit that will I think fit on the plinth within the Dandy. I didn't test this.
    The owners preferred to cook in the awning or outside.
    Awning. The awning was not offered with the Dandy it would be available separately. Whether that mean that the price would be reviewed sympathetically on sale to you or not I don't know. I do know I'd negotiate before bidding on the Dandy. He sold a separate awning a short while ago and stated he got £175 quite quickly. To be fair there was an issue why he might want to sell separately. He stated that there always appeared to be surplus PVC at the side of the awning when joined to the Dandy, I don't know if this is common with full width awnings or not?
    To summarise this Dandy is unique, that is both it's largest positive and biggest negative. In my own deeply sexist manner I believe it will preclude most sales where a female has part of the purchase decision. After you have purchased a decent hook up cable your deep into £700 or £750 plus territory. You could have all sorts of Brown Dandys for that money with gas heaters possibly winterised. If your lucky you might pick up a blue for less than £100 more? Now with regards to solidity this rebuilt may well be the better package.
    For someone this is a cracking unit, it's just finding the right someone.
    That's life you will pay your money and no doubt make the wrong choice.

Kevin.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

mike wrote:
    cazz wrote:Ther's this blue and white on ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its annoying to say the least why no interior shots

Yes I wondered that as well, what's wrong with it?
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

well they may be like me and keep meaning to take internal shots but never getting round to it

every time i camp i keep meaning to take some internal pics but never quite manage to do it

not saying that's why but it's just a thought Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:00 pm

Eilis wrote:well they may be like me and keep meaning to take internal shots but never getting round to it

every time i camp i keep meaning to take some internal pics but never quite manage to do it

not saying that's why but it's just a thought Smile

You may be right i did not have any of mine but when i wanted to sell it i made the effort with a full set of pictures,it sold on preloved within a week Very Happy
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm

yeah i think if i was going to sell i would pull it out and get pics but if they are like me without space to put their dandy up it's not necessarily that easy

plus i keep thinking, why take pics now when i'm gonna pimp it and make it look better sunny
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

It's not that expensive to go to a campsite locally for one night to take pictures if you want to get a good price for the dandy, it looks to be about the same year as mine. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the in depth report Kevin...... much appreciated. 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 4 3498837457
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:37 pm

Bit surprised there is no interest in this one yet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks to be fully insulated
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

I would say it is insulated due to the inside walls being white, it looks a nice unit.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

that's a lot of money they are asking, maybe it's the time of year but no awning?? and that much money affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

Eilis wrote:that's a lot of money they are asking, maybe it's the time of year but no awning?? and that much money affraid

Not realy if its as good as it looks,condition is the most important thing if you got it for £600 and had to do nothing to it well,as for no awning loads dont want them anyway.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:23 pm

If I was looking for a Dandy I would snap it up at that price, its in good nick and insulated you can always get a utility tent to go with it. Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

Sounds similar to the one Kevin described confused
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:50 am

The price went up overnight, the one mentioned above was £550 buy it now yesterday it is now £650 Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:13 am

mike wrote:Bit surprised there is no interest in this one yet

Looks to be fully insulated

Bet some one is waiting to the last moment in the hope of getting it for £600 only 13 hours to go.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:14 am

helen wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think its been re listed the awning looks like a strange fit,wonder if the early dandys where a bit lower.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:26 am

I should imagine they were as older cars are a lot lower so maybe it was for towing height, but the awning doe's look a bit too long for it or maybe the front legs of the awning have been raised a bit too high.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:48 am

This looks nice,although for sale at riva its a private sale so a deal on price may be possible,awning and sun canopy.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:57 am

Delta with awning and heater,doesn't say which heater good price @ £600

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

mike wrote:Delta with awning and heater,doesn't say which heater good price @ £600

It's gone.

Kevin.
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

Now wonder at that price, that was a good buy.

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:42 pm

Destiny just gone on ebay £1750 buy it now

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:55 pm

mike wrote:
    helen wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think its been re listed the awning looks like a strange fit,wonder if the early dandys where a bit lower.

Dear All

It was re listed (Yesterday?) with the awning included and was re priced from £550 to £650. They stated they always seemed to find the awning a bit long.

Kevin.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:58 pm

this looks nice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i am not sure i would pay that much for it,but i would be prepared to go pretty close if i were after a brown one.
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

I don't know how to do the links but there is a 2002 dandy destiny on ebay for £2,695 being sold by country campers.

Looks really nice and has a small cupboard instead of a wardrobe, which i havn't seen before.

The destiny that Mike put on is really good though for £1,750 the bidding has started but i am sure they would still take the buy it now price if anyone is looking for one.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:50 am