Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
back_to_the_boats
jase
Claire
tartanterror
Phoenix
ShaunJUK
Caz1960
discovery
bilbo
Ali
Kimmie
carl
Cazz
Tow Itch
Lol and Steve
Eilis
vickoir
The Admiral
Nick
mike
Helen
25 posters

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 11 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heres a new one, no much in the decription though, lol

Additional Pictures

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im thinking not insulated, no mention of awning
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 11 Empty Re: 2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked

Post by mike Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:00 pm

For £500 you will do better than that,not sure of the blue pvc could be original but could be a replacement,the cooker area is very low on the later ones you have a folding cupboard then the sink and cooker unit stand on that making a better working height,also that model doesn't look to have windows each side of the door

Have you seen this one @£650 not insulated

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

mike wrote:For £500 you will do better than that,not sure of the blue pvc could be original but could be a replacement,the cooker area is very low on the later ones you have a folding cupboard then the sink and cooker unit stand on that making a better working height,also that model doesn't look to have windows each side of the door

Have you seen this one @£650 not insulated

Ive thrown a message your way mike for consideration

Shaun
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:06 pm

Im liking this one
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:Im liking this one

Hope you got my reply if not can you send me a link to the photo bucket pictures i cant find them.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

here's the photobucket link, lots of pics and it looks in good condition to me but have your far more experienced eye look them through xx

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

Am I right in saying its insulated?
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

no, the inside walls would be white if it was,

mike is sorting out a cheap and effective insulation for his 6 and i'll be doing the same with my delta using table protector but if you want insulated (and that's totally understandable) you need to wait for another one sadly x
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

how big is your budget Shaun? there's a designer for sale that is insulated and it's in yorkshire so much nearer to you

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 7:04 pm

this one is even closer to you

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:30 pm

Shaun

The brown one you liked the look of well as stated it's not insulated also;
    No pictures of Awning but we have seen it in main picture.
    It's not a 5 but a 4/5 (Delta Equivalent) Ask the measurement across the tub I would say it's 4' 10" as against 5' 10" for a 5
    You can buy new bias belted tyres (crossply) those tyres are definitely crossplys could have been on since new.
    Don't know how you feel about an awning but on a more moderate budget there's this:
    O'er it's come out all queer??
    Delta 4/5 Early 90's winterised walls & heater only downside non genuine awning. £ 750 ONO.
    Dandys listed as folding campers as well as trailer tents on Gumtree Shaun.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

Came out in normal graphics when I viewed from the link.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

That looks like a very good buy and with the new suspension
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Referring to the blue one advertised on both sites and my vast knowledge, lol! I would say the PVC is replaced, also the actual trailer is painted to look newer. The Dandy has been done up to look more modern. The cupboards, flooring, seat props and the hitch are all the same as ours, Kevin's and Phoenix affraid
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

2011 Dandy Trailer Tent/folding camper for sale*locked - Page 11 2667980805

but the one with the underfloor heater and full insulation is a very good price for the year of it. If I was buying any of these it would be that one.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:20 am

The chances are over the next couple of months some real bargains will appear with out so many people chasing them.

mike
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Mike

Is that wishful thinking or what generally happens over winter?
    How have prices developed over the past few years?
    Very conscious that this year and to some extent last year were the re-invigoration of camping in Britain, (ahem) If prices generally drop over winter and as I suspect we have had an increased demand over summer, then I would be hoping for a real slump.
    The hoped for slump might be wishful thinking but I'm pretty certain that every year out of the people who try camping (of any form) a good percentage hate it. Couple perceived economy of camping (hahaha) with a glorious spring and iffy summer I'm expecting lots to say it's not for them.
    What are your thoughts? You have been Dandying for a few years and posting details of sales for a good while now.

Kevin.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

In the past few years there has been a definite drop in prices and of course availability in oct/nov 3 years ago i missed a late low sided insulated destiny at £800 because they would not accept a bid with no pay pal facility and they wouldn't end the auction early,we both lost because i would have paid more,last year there where three sixes went for stupid money at this time of year,the brown and white 4/5 berths are often the best bargains some people think they will achieve a better price when there isn't much choice but that's only correct when demand is there.

Why sellers dont wait until spring i dont know unless they want to be ready with cash for next years bargains,your comments about the economy are correct but i feel dandys can slip under the net as loads of campers dont even know what they are and those forced into camping because of financial circumstances are even less likely to know.

Dont know just where we have got to in the overall market but with more dandys each year falling into the sub £400 mark more are used and then discarded cheap so they end up as being of little interest to loads of buyers,there must come a time when sound smart dandys start to go up in value,the canvas trailer tent and folding camper market is being replenished each year with second hand models in all price ranges dandys never will be.

So get a nice one and look after it is my advice,with 40 year old ones still being used paying over the odds for a realy nice 10 to 20 year old one will still return value for money if kept.

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

After my last post i realised i didn't take my own advice Lorraine offered me my very smart dandy six at a very good price and i jumped at it,i should have held of and jumped in with a £1000 to £1200 offer on one of the insulated sixes that came on ebay last year,one went in the end for the same price as mine,i know i could sell mine but ive done quiet a few jobs on it i dont have room for two so would have to sell mine first,then you can bet no insulated sixes would come up and if ime honest the pale blue destiny's are not my colour,so will stick with what i have.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

Some may not agree but I think that during early and mid season some Dandy's seem to fetch more money than they do at the end of the camping season, of course we all know that there isn't an end but lots of campers think it ends late September/October as lots of sites close then.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:09 pm

Thought i would check on line for predicted camping stats in 2012 i made the mistake of putting this in google

2012 camping predictions

It would appear Harold camping has predicted the end of the world again in 2012, not the camping stats i wanted lol!

Mind you if any one with a insulated six wants to get rid cheap to put things in order before then pm me Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

Mind you if any one with a insulated six wants to get rid cheap to put things in order before then pm me

Is the insulation thick enough to stop all the heat where your going?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 05 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Mind you if any one with a insulated six wants to get rid cheap to put things in order before then pm me

Is the insulation thick enough to stop all the heat where your going?

I will be all right just like you Kevin a couple of angels every one knows that Very Happy
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

Lazy Listing yet still finding bids....Everything Else...Other???
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

Not sure if the walls are insulated .......... the roof will be but the walls ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm