Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

The twitter thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by mike Fri 06 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Baring Helen I imagine you have all wussed out of camping this weekend.
    So what are you all doing then?
    Admittedly the weekend starts here as a TV programme used to say at this time on Fridays and you might be doing something now that is more fun than tryping on here.
    If however you can spare a minute or two do say what you have planned.
    It seems awfully quiet I expect a hotbed of camping, buying or modding projects at this time of year.
    Has the rain put everyone off everything?

Would have gone away to test fit the awning but not practical in the rain,up to know have spent the time researching 3D photography and joined a forum on it so have loads of reading.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 06 Jul 2012, 8:00 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Baring Helen I imagine you have all wussed out of camping this weekend.
    So what are you all doing then?
    Admittedly the weekend starts here as a TV programme used to say at this time on Fridays and you might be doing something now that is more fun than tryping on here.
    If however you can spare a minute or two do say what you have planned.
    It seems awfully quiet I expect a hotbed of camping, buying or modding projects at this time of year.
    Has the rain put everyone off everything?

We have the 6 (named "Dylan" by Mrs P) up in the drive at the moment.
    He is water tight!! lol!
    Mrs P has been giving him a bit of a clean and over the weekend we plan to build a kitchen unit for him. Smile
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 09 Jul 2012, 2:42 pm

The old dog isn't 100% again, Crying or Very sad He was up most of the night being sick and generally very restless, he couldn't get comfy no how. Mad His steroids have been increased and he already he looks better and is sleeping quietly on the sofa, I'm not saying anything this time, except I'll keep this thread updated. Rolling Eyes

I today, feel exhausted after being up with him last night, still recovering myself and taking antibiotics for an infection in one of my cuts. Now when shall we go Dandying? lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:26 pm

Now, what can I say? Perhaps a pic will say it better. Suspect Shocked Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:38 pm

cazz wrote:The old dog isn't 100% again, Crying or Very sad He was up most of the night being sick and generally very restless, he couldn't get comfy no how. Mad His steroids have been increased and he already he looks better and is sleeping quietly on the sofa, I'm not saying anything this time, except I'll keep this thread updated. Rolling Eyes

I today, feel exhausted after being up with him last night, still recovering myself and taking antibiotics for an infection in one of my cuts. Now when shall we go Dandying? lol!

oh Cazz i'm so sorry, can't believe i missed this yesterday, keeping fingers and toes crossed xxx The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

Eilis wrote:
    cazz wrote:The old dog isn't 100% again, Crying or Very sad He was up most of the night being sick and generally very restless, he couldn't get comfy no how. Mad His steroids have been increased and he already he looks better and is sleeping quietly on the sofa, I'm not saying anything this time, except I'll keep this thread updated. Rolling Eyes

oh Cazz i'm so sorry, can't believe i missed this yesterday, keeping fingers and toes crossed xxx The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981

Thank you, he is a lot better today, but then he is on steroids, they are a magic medicine. We have taken him camping as he enjoys it so much, we are nearly a whole 8 miles from home, have electric hook up so him and me can get and stay nice and warm, all for under £10 per night. cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:55 pm

that's fantastic, camping always makes me feel happier Smile

glad he's perking up The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:38 am

The old dog is still on the quiet side and not moving about much, but he is very interested in everything that is going on. He loved his two days camping, so much so he wouldn't get out of the Dandy whilst we, well W was folding it up, his little face when we had to lift him out. Rolling Eyes

As soon as he isn't happy and in pain, and the drugs no longer work to keep him comfortable, then it's time to say good bye, whether that is in two weeks or six months remains to be seen. Hes old, hes had a fantastic life, we are very happy for him to tell us when he's ready. I love you Like a Star @ heaven
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

cazz wrote:The old dog is still on the quiet side and not moving about much, but he is very interested in everything that is going on. He loved his two days camping, so much so he wouldn't get out of the Dandy whilst we, well W was folding it up, his little face when we had to lift him out. Rolling Eyes

As soon as he isn't happy and in pain, and the drugs no longer work to keep him comfortable, then it's time to say good bye, whether that is in two weeks or six months remains to be seen. Hes old, hes had a fantastic life, we are very happy for him to tell us when he's ready. I love you Like a Star @ heaven

The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 know what you are going through as I'm in the same situation not a good place to be but as you say having a good life and what more can you do thinking of you The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 25 1468157981
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

car went in for MOT this morning waiting for the phone call pass? Very Happy or Fail? Sad
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

Caz1960 wrote:car went in for MOT this morning waiting for the phone call pass? Very Happy or Fail? Sad

Well did it Pass Very Happy or Fail Sad
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:47 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:car went in for MOT this morning waiting for the phone call pass? Very Happy or Fail? Sad

Well did it Pass Very Happy or Fail Sad

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    affraid no she failed on wheel bearing and advisory on hand break gutted its a new ish car for me and costing a fortune pale
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear that. Sad

A wheel bearing and advise on hand brake isn't too bad though.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

Phoenix wrote:Sorry to hear that. Sad

A wheel bearing and advise on hand brake isn't too bad though.

It isn't, we had two pages once - many years ago, until we got in VW's. lol!

Our newest vehicle failed and cost the most to MOT this year, the middle one passed with a couple of advisories, the oldest passed, and had no advisories cheers . Moral of the story, get an older car lol! scratch
    tartanterror

Post by tartanterror Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

My 11 year old vw passed its mot last week without any advisories Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:19 pm

tartanterror wrote:My 11 year old vw passed its mot last week without any advisories Very Happy

What one have you got? Our 1992, the new car, needed a wheel bearing, it had been a bit noisy for 11 months. What a Face
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 17 Jul 2012, 1:03 am

:flower:I brought her last year a very modern and posh car for me even though she is W reg ..have all service history and receipts from everything she has had done ie..light bulb etc the bloke had her from birth and I am the second owner flew through the MOT last year when i first got her but I wasn't happy with the brakes and had them replaced £378. discs as well.. finally got it from the garage drove up the road all lights went weird took her back to the garage and she died Alternator £435 that was within a week of having her then four months later steering pipes split and was quoted another £300 quid Ha bloody garage trawled the ebay got steering rack plus pipes for £20 but they wouldn't do the work so had to wait weeks for the chappy in the other garage to do it for me as he is so cheep and very good and don't mind secondhand parts but the downside he is so busy.. got her done and all ok then she has been standing for over 4 mths The twitter thread - Page 25 9639063 your right Cazz I should have stayed with the old banger's they died because the body work gave up The twitter thread - Page 25 3462454224 The twitter thread - Page 25 3462454224 know how they feel The twitter thread - Page 25 3462454224 The twitter thread - Page 25 3462454224 so will find out tomorrow how much its gonna cost me kept it with the mot garage as he wouldn't charge me another £50 for a re- mot
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:03 am

it's getting so expensive to keep cars on the road now, my 13 year old toyota passed it's mot with flying colours but it still cost over £300 for the service and mot together Sad
    tartanterror

Post by tartanterror Tue 17 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

I have a vw passat sport tdi,shes older but still looks good very reliable cheap to run and very practical and my new dandy looks great behind her Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

tartanterror wrote:I have a vw passat sport tdi,shes older but still looks good very reliable cheap to run and very practical and my new dandy looks great behind her Very Happy

Snap, ours is a 92 Passat, they are a rock solid car, this year I tryed to insure it as a classic, but because of 'the type of car it is' it's not recognised as a classic, a Golf or Polo would have been. But I did find insurance for just under £300 for two drivers, with protected no claims. Very Happy

The classic is self sufficient, the money we save on show and event entrance fees is the same as the insurance, and the car gives enjoyment, so it actually works out a cheap hobby. What a Face

And the campervan is on a classic, less than two hundred quid for her including agreed valuation. Definely the Queen of mean. lol!
    tartanterror

Post by tartanterror Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

This is my second passat sport,the first was written off by a drunk driver in a hit and run,i always have german diesels ive had 2 sharans a golf a polo and passats just cant see past them as long as their serviced regularly they just keep going Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

tartanterror wrote:This is my second passat sport,the first was written off by a drunk driver in a hit and run,i always have german diesels ive had 2 sharans a golf a polo and passats just cant see past them as long as their serviced regularly they just keep going Very Happy

That's a shame about your first one, some people!!! I hope they got caught.

Ours is a 1.6TD, 600 miles to a 60 litre tank. The campervan has the same engine, but because that is brick shaped and weights loads more, it only manages 400 miles to a 60 litre tank. Everyday is a holiday in that, lol. cheers
    tartanterror

Post by tartanterror Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

When i was returning from picking up my dandy i was getting over 40 mpg which i thought was great,i get nearer 50 mpg with nothing on the back on a good run.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

tartanterror wrote:When i was returning from picking up my dandy i was getting over 40 mpg which i thought was great,i get nearer 50 mpg with nothing on the back on a good run.

And all the fuss is about CO2, many new cars don't return what we're getting. And we pay the more road tax!!!

Perhaps this should move to the grunts, groans and moans thread. lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

cazz wrote:
    tartanterror wrote:When i was returning from picking up my dandy i was getting over 40 mpg which i thought was great,i get nearer 50 mpg with nothing on the back on a good run.

And all the fuss is about CO2, many new cars don't return what we're getting. And we pay the more road tax!!!

Perhaps this should move to the grunts, groans and moans thread. lol!

Despite constant protestations to the opposite the energy used to manufacture vehicles is a (often the) major factor in whole of life energy consumption.
    Finally a manufacturer or prospective manufacturer has stated this to be the case. It may be that it's because Gordon Murray wants to promote a lower energy form of vehicle manufacture.
    See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or BBC4 Documentary Available For A Limited Time [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:41 pm