Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+15
The Admiral
ShaunJUK
jamiepsion
Caz1960
naedoot
Krist0n
Coffee1
Esermalda
Tow Itch
Cazz
vickoir
Eilis
Helen
Phoenix
mike
19 posters

The twitter thread

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

The twitter thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The twitter thread

Post by Helen Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:32 pm

Rochdale and Oldham RSPCA are taking a lot of the animals but don't have much experience with parrots, Daryl is back on the scene and they have just discovered a shed full of birds, breeding pairs of Macaws and other tropical birds. We are softie's Eilis but we love animals and if we can help we will. The tropical birds need warmth and will not survive if they are left without heat, it's going to be a long night as they are being looked at by vets at the moment. Will let you know what we end up with, we wont know for a few more hours.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

well damn that sounds a lot more serious than i thought

take care loves

The twitter thread - Page 8 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 8 1468157981 The twitter thread - Page 8 1468157981
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 28 Jan 2012, 1:24 am

They thought that most of the animals had survived but a lot of smaller birds and animals haven't, over 60 chickens have been rescued and a lot of the baby rabbits, and all manner of small fury creatures are out too. Shortly after the Macaws and parrots were found the fire broke out again in the main building. There hasn't been time to get cages for all of the large birds because it was dangerous so they have been taken out in small carriers and a dog sanctuary at Bury has several large cages vacant that will do for now so that's another noisy journey for Daryl tonight. We will be taking some of the baby rabbits and small fury creatures to look after temporarily if they survive, because of the smoke inhalation some may not. The reptiles also didn't make it Crying or Very sad

People seem to shine the brightest in dark times and everyone who helped has been fantastic.

It's been a mammoth task for the emergency services .........they are amazing people.

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:20 am

May I qoute "People seem to shine the brightest in dark times and everyone who helped has been fantastic.

It's been a mammoth task for the emergency services .........they are amazing people."

It's not just the emergency services that are amazing people. Your a STAR!! sunny <<(That's nearly a star).
    Thank goodness for kind people with big hearts.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:29 am

im a big softy when it comes to animals

anyway been up for an hour so far as like to say goodbye to my wife before she heads to work when I can, and its -3 outside , cars and dandy covered in heavy frost Sad

wont see her till the back of 9pm tonight so its me and the girls.
    going to pop out to overland caravans to have a look at their shop and see what they have in the way of security etc. and prices.
    maybe a wee trip to yeomans outdoors as they have craghopper trousers on sale at the moment down from £40+ to £22.

might even try and get the front storage box off to start the rub down and re paint of the a frame.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:33 am

naedoot wrote:im a big softy when it comes to animals

anyway been up for an hour so far as like to say goodbye to my wife before she heads to work when I can, and its -3 outside , cars and dandy covered in heavy frost Sad

wont see her till the back of 9pm tonight so its me and the girls.
    going to pop out to overland caravans to have a look at their shop and see what they have in the way of security etc. and prices.
    maybe a wee trip to yeomans outdoors as they have craghopper trousers on sale at the moment down from £40+ to £22.

might even try and get the front storage box off to start the rub down and re paint of the a frame.

Fun day then,what did we do before we had dandys lol!
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:43 am

well before the dandy

I would do similar but drag 2 of the three kids kicking and screaming ( the middle one is my pillion partner so no moaning from her) to the bike shops just to look at motorbikes and clothing.
    would spend time with my bike.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

We seem to have had the Dandy for ever but before that it was still camping shops trawling Laughing

It's a beautiful day today, cold but sunny sunny If its the same where you are Tom with the help of the girls perhaps you can have your Dandy set up Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:33 pm

Just had a nice one looked on my account at tesco and it said there was four vouchers we hadn't used 2 x £5 1 x£4 and 1 x £10 this isnt true but what the heck printed them of and used a £4 one earlier today.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 28 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

well had to rush to the caravan place as my eldest is going to Loch Lomond with her pal to go for a walk.
    managed to get pair of wheel chocks and a hitch lock for under £20 so cant complain.

going to get my middle daughter down the road before i forget what she looks like.

then hopefully tool time
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm

trying to change the shower head and tubing (from shower body to shower head) and the nutcase of a previous owner put the shower outside the actual cubical and put the tube through the side of the door.

now i have managed to manhandle the old tube out from the door but cannot for the life of me get the new one in (sadly we don't have an emoticon for bloomin livid lol)

am now having a break and will try again in a minute

so not impressed with this idiot who did this - how am i supposed to have a shower for work tomorrow??
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

We have the box section coming this week to raise the suspension, I think a couple of dry sunny days got us giddy Laughing

There is now a forecast for snow and more snow so it will have to wait ........ again Rolling Eyes
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

thankfully no snow forecast here but some frosty nights

hope there isn't too much snow and you get the things done x
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:24 am

Dandy went up last night.

shopping list is growing Smile

cord for roof supports, replacement bungee cord for round trailer cover, replacement roof cord as the blue in it is a bit thick and doesnt match - by all my reading so far it looks like 6mm is the way to go.

looks like a bit of tinkering with the fuse box ( see the early days thread)

some more practice on getting it up and down is required to refine it
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

6mm is the way to go Tom, Caths shopping list that will grow and grow too once you have the necessities sorted out lol!

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

It's freezing, potato pie for tea tonight. Very Happy It's one of those days where it looks like you could go out and do stuff in the garden or with the Dandy but it's not No

There is snow forecast not just for us but for the East side of the country on Saturday.

We have another dilema, we have the box section to raise the suspension but when you take into consideration the suspension will also be taking the weight of this it may just be wiser to upgrade now, there will be a 3cm (30mm) shift on the position of the wheels if we go for 750kg so we are going to have to see if the wheel arches will allow for it, I think they will once the box section has lifted it a bit. scratch

Any how we won't be doing much until the weather improves but would like to have everything ready as I think it will only be a day of a job.
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

had a quick run round the dandy today with the measuring tape - looks like i need roughly 10m of 6mm bungee or shock cord to replace old rope on the cover.

going to go for camo cord as it has brown and green in it and looks nice Smile

naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Thu 02 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

just remembered going to the Scottish caravan and outdoor leisure show this weekend

might just see if I can nab a bargin there.

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Fri 03 Feb 2012, 4:47 am

Just booked our first outing. And JUST realised as I started typing, we are setting off on April Fools Day lol.

Going to a Forest Holidays campsite in Snowdonia for the week. Can't wait. Getting all excited.....
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 03 Feb 2012, 5:24 am

Krist0n wrote:Just booked our first outing. And JUST realised as I started typing, we are setting off on April Fools Day lol.

Going to a Forest Holidays campsite in Snowdonia for the week. Can't wait. Getting all excited.....

The twitter thread - Page 8 1428739134 Hope you have a great time
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:02 am

have fun at Hadrians wall

we will be celebrating our moddle daughters 10th birthday that day 1st April (explains a lot)
    we should hopefully be away the weekend after that somewhere
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Krist0n wrote:Just booked our first outing. And JUST realised as I started typing, we are setting off on April Fools Day lol.

The twitter thread - Page 8 1428739134 The twitter thread - Page 8 184121345

It's now time to pack, unpack, then pack it all again just to make sure, then unpack it all to see if you can condense it, then pack again after you realise that you probably couldn't. Rolling Eyes
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sat 04 Feb 2012, 4:51 am

heehee!!! sounds like you speak from experience cazz. Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:30 am

cazz wrote:

The twitter thread - Page 8 1428739134 The twitter thread - Page 8 184121345

It's now time to pack, unpack, then pack it all again just to make sure, then unpack it all to see if you can condense it, then pack again after you realise that you probably couldn't. Rolling Eyes

The twitter thread - Page 8 3462454224 The twitter thread - Page 8 3462454224 The twitter thread - Page 8 3462454224

You'll see what she means soon enough .......... by the way wellies are a good place to put bottles of wine for travelling if you don't open the Dandy to put them in the fridge for the journey. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:18 am

Was checking when my car was due for its third service and of course first mot, new it was march but didn't realise it was the meet weekend,any way with looking at it now have managed to get it booked in at the beginning of march. Very Happy at the beginning of the winter i was giving consideration to winter tyres when i went into the fiat garage they had an offer of 4 wheels with winter tyres £265

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:43 am