Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
jake001
abc5575
Kimmie
naedoot
Esermalda
Krist0n
beverley1232010
Keith
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
carl
bilbo
Tow Itch
The Admiral
Nick
Lol and Steve
vickoir
mike
Eilis
Helen
25 posters

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Caz1960 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 2197500976 your doctors have an easy job ! if it takes that long to see them your either cured or dead Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 1705467399 I wont complain to ours now " is it and emergency" Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 9639063 that does my ed in coz if it was i would not be phoning them it would be 999 but now i will kerb my tongue coz at least we get seen the same day Very Happy but hope you get better hot toddy Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 496639318 and bed Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 2922923974
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

All as we get told is sorry no appointments until (usually around 10 days) so your best ringing on the day as we keep a few appointments for ring on the day only....... at 2 minutes to 9 you press redial until the answer phone finally stops and then it's engaged then when you get through they say sorry try again tomorrow, after a few days of this you decide it would be best to make an appointment but then you still have to wait forever and just wish you had done that in the first place. We have in the past sat at the doc's from 8.45am just to make an appointment as the system is awful and almost impossible to get an on the day appointment or emergency one as they call them. You are usually told to go to the walk in centre and have to wait for several hours to see a gp who has no idea of your medical history. Evil or Very Mad

Rant Over

See I feel better already ........... I'm managing a good old moan cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Nancy had a bit of bad luck with doctors,her original one was having an affair with his practice manager,who then got murdered so his practice was closed,another doctor took over then got struck off,so she decided to go to a walk in centre until she found a new one,on calling in there we found you could register with them.
    Now get this they are open 365 days a year no appointment needed to see a doctor but you need one to see the nurse,unbelievable when you consider the problems normally found at doctors.

mike
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:53 am

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 9639063 don't think I will ever complain again we got it easy here from 9-6 then its a mad drive around the welsh mountains 30miles with our roads takes 1hr ish me 20ish Mins Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 3208163979 to see out of hour doc
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Went to the doc's today, he said your virus has now become an infection and you need antibiotics Shocked You should have come to see me sooner Rolling Eyes Well maybe I would have been able to if you didn't employ Hitler and Stalin as receptionists. Evil or Very Mad

I also discovered that the 24 hour walk in centre is now only open during the day affraid
    There is a notice in the doctors saying so ............ bugger.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:45 am

that will teach you should be iller more often then you would know Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 9639063 I feel lik a ping pong ball between Vodafone and Sony Ericsson. Both parties have been friendly and helped as best they could. It all started with trying to undisable my 'uploads disabled'

Vodafone forum say, my phone can't do it.
    Sony Ericsson said I need to ring Vodafone to change the settings.
    I rang Vodafone, they said I need to ring Sony Ericsson, they put me straight through to SE technical help.
    Technical help said I should be able to upload pictures, try clearing something or other, didn't work.
    Try updating the software, latest software already installed.
    It must be a problem with the phone, send it in for repair. My problem with that is apprently there has been a lot of problems with these phones, my phone otherwise is fine, knowing me I will get a dodgy repacement and be in a worse off situation.

So for now, after all this, I'm staying as I am, picture uploadless.

There must another way, Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 3462454224
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 30 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

They do it for fun,just got a letter from caravan club to say my card payment hadn't gone through for my break down recovery will i ring this number,i did this waited for an age to listen to the crap they pre record,chose renew policy waited again and eventually got through.I gave them the reference number only to be told there was no live account in my name,would have to go through to accounts,waited again what seemed like an age finally accounts answered spent ages going through every thing only to be told sales should have a live account for me they would transfer me back.They did this and i went through the whole thing again sales insisted i needed accounts and transferred me back,this time accounts told me they where green flag i needed the caravan club,well as the letter came from the caravan club with the phone number on it i foolishly thought i had the right place,they gave me another number,i rang the number to be told green flag do this all the time,then what realy ****** me off was i found out the only reason my payment never went through was because the caravan club system wont take maestro debit cards,then why the hell didn't they tell me that three weeks ago when i rang and paid.
    All this on a mobile phone that doesn't do 0800 numbers free,fortunately one of the pay as you go phones we have will do it at normal rates if you miss the first zero off.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

I have to have a moan...........

Well they started charging 5p for plastic bags while we were away, I don't have an issue with this but I did have an issue when McDonalds tried to charge us 5p for a paper bag. We said 'but a paper bag like you always put the food in will do' and the reply was 'sorry but we are charging 5p now'......... 'but why when they are paper, I thought the 5p was to stop people using plastic' .......... the reply was that 'well we are charging too and are going to give the 5p's to charity'. I don't mind giving to charity but I do mind being told I am going to so we didn't get a bag although they used to put food in paper bags. Instead they just handed us each individual item Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

that's just money grabbing on the part of mcdonalds and it's shameful

and i heard on the radio that the money charged has to go to an environmental thing not where the shop chooses
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

That's probably the case with plastic bags Eilis, but to jump on the bandwagon and decide to charge for paper ones (small at that) too is ridiculous bounce
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

i agree x
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

I don't know if this is mid a life crisis setting in but I am usually quite decisive about what I want and right now I can't decide what to do, we wanted to move to Wales in a few years but I am no longer sure I want to so decided we were staying and was going to knock a wall down to make a large lounge but I lose an unused bedroom. If we do decide to move we will have knocked quite a bit of value off the property, let alone what it would cost to do. We have also been looking at houses in Wales and there is one we particularly like but it won't be for sale in a few years when we are ready to move so I then decided we should sell now and go but after speaking to the estate agent I know that property prices have dropped and now is not the best time to sell. I have also been thinking of getting a buy to let property for now as the banks don't seem to be the safest place to put savings and then I found a lovely plot of land that has a camping field, Woodland and several ponds, the bonus with this is a hut with a wood burning stove and a toilet shed = free camping for life. It is 8 acres but the road access is only good for 4x4's and you can never build on the land, it's also a bit too far for weekend use. I also want to decorate the lounge but there isn't much point if I am going to be knocking walls down. Maybe I need to just sit back and wait a while before we do anything. scratch

I thought mid life crisis was all about sports cars and revisiting youth affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

Land for camping with woods and ponds,cant remember the details but there was a program on tv about how many people have been conned by this,quiet a few legality's involved i think if its to be used for camping,as for home alterations from what you say now is not the time with your previous history of upset and every thing i would take a year to think what you realy want to do,
    Money and banks not safe agree totally and interest is crap if a large lump of money dropped on my door mat it would go into premium bonds until i knew what to do with it,all right no interest on it but the chance to win a lot and your money back in a year,my brother in law has £30000 in them and gets a return most months.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:25 pm

Sounds like a safe option Mike, probably the way to go as I do think my thoughts are all over the place and emotions are still a little iffy. I had considered a few investments but never thought of premium bonds so thank you, I can get my head sorted out and my pennies will still be there when we have decided, I will just decorate for now. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 115684958

So it isn't a mid life crisis yet Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 2792229418
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

helen wrote:Sounds like a safe option Mike, probably the way to go as I do think my thoughts are all over the place and emotions are still a little iffy. I had considered a few investments but never thought of premium bonds so thank you, I can get my head sorted out and my pennies will still be there when we have decided, I will just decorate for now. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 115684958

So it isn't a mid life crisis yet Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 6 2792229418

If you win the big one remember me Very Happy the experts say the odds are against you on the bonds but the odds are against every one with the lottery but millions buy the tickets and some win,the losers dont get there money back
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

I will Mike, you have saved me several hours sleep a night. Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:05 am

Smile just to put spanner in your thought's why not buy house to let in Wales but rent for holls makers as big returns especially if you don't mind dogs as I do holls let turnarounds ( ie I clean) and its all year around more so now than ever I looked forward to end of season but there isn't one now then when you ready to move to Wales you have a house Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:26 am

That was one of the idea's we had Caz, we have seen a ground floor apartment. It is at the rear of a large victorian property but that means that it has its own front door, patio windows, store room and garden with sea views. It needs some work but would be an ideal holiday let. To be honest I think it's this particular property that has put the spanner in the works. It is only just within our budget but the added work required to let it on a SHT or holiday let would push it over quite a bit. I think the main problem is that we really do like the property and location hence the should we sell up and go now Laughing That's the down side of looking at property before you are ready to move Sad

I think Mike was right, this is probably all a knee jerk reaction to the loss of my friend and the moving now is due to the fact that I look out of my window at her bungalow but my elderly parents also live on the street opposite so it may be better to see how I feel in a years time. It's been a couple of months since she passed but we were so busy sorting things out we didn't have time to think so I guess that's why I am in a bit of a tizz now.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

McAfee anti virus,dont get me wrong i like the product and it always looks to work well,what annoys me is the fact every time my renewal is due things start to go wrong,nothing major that would make you think its not worth renewing i will try something different,just small things.
    My network screens and volume control have gone from my task bar at the bottom and there is no way i can get them back,they will however return if i renew my subscription,this time though i may just give Kapasky or whatever its called a try.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:20 pm

i had kaspersky and they were very good, i've got norton this time simply because there was an offer on and it was cheaper

i've not had the same problem yet as you mike but my subscription still has a way to go

i would definitely rate kaspersky highly tho x
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:39 pm

Will have to look into it,two things i like about McAfee are the password protected vault and the file shredder so ime still thinking.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

I bought McAfee for 3 computers for about £8 from ebay, it's so far done the job.

If it can be used on other peoples computers, I still have 2 available to use.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

cazz wrote:I bought McAfee for 3 computers for about £8 from ebay, it's so far done the job.

So long as you dont take the first renewal offer they send you McAfee is fairly reasonable to buy even direct,with often quiet a few free add ons its just every year for the last four years they play silly buggers for a few weeks before renewal,i know they would deny it but it happens every year,this year ime not in the mood Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

cazz wrote:I bought McAfee for 3 computers for about £8 from ebay, it's so far done the job.

Sounds like the same thing that I have, mine was on offer at £29.99 so I split the cost with my brother and it will still do one more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:13 pm