Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
jake001
abc5575
Kimmie
naedoot
Esermalda
Krist0n
beverley1232010
Keith
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
carl
bilbo
Tow Itch
The Admiral
Nick
Lol and Steve
vickoir
mike
Eilis
Helen
25 posters

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Helen Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

I hope not ............. my dad helped John in the house with it and dropped his end of the box affraid

It's all quite stressful and that's before we even get the box open ............. will update you later as to the condition of the tv after it's fall.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

did you take the extended warranty that covers accidental damage
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:02 pm

We did Mike Laughing but it turns out because of the packaging all is well. We are just tuning it all in now.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 11 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

Need to go to Ireland (and would like to as well) within a few months. It will probably be an amassed family thing. Minimum 3 probably 6 could be??? Thinks I I'll take my Dandy found out the fare for a week approx £120 on top of ferry cost for car. BolloocDrat thinks I I'll take someone else's advice book 2 cruises one from UK one from Ireland. Two different ferry operatives book cash with a travel agent so they can't attack my credit card post non return. No caravans used as boose transporters to Ireland so only works out £30 cheaper.
    Find a discount code £224 for trip magic! Code dies on 14th Feb. Phone Irish ferries to see if the codes likely to be extended. No idea and no interest.
    UK campsites a bit thin on Irish campsites I've stayed at more than they list.
    Phone the Visit Ireland phone no to enquire if there is a good list of campsites or if they know of any promotions viz a via fares.
    I quite like Dutch people. I've chosen to visit Northern Ireland in times past. Strangely though when phoning for Irish tourism advice having a Dutch person answer at centre in Belfast doesn't impress especially as I have to listen hard to understand his accent (I find Irish accents easier than many English dialects)The fact that he can't help and this seems to trouble him not a jot doesn't help either.
    Success find a more encyclopaedic camp site reference.
    Heartbreak the first campsite I camped on in Europe "Municipal de la Foret de Montgeon- Le Havre" has been closed since 2007.
    God awful place to find but a campsite in a forest above a principal port. An oasis of greenery calm and fragrance within 15min of a cesspit. Le Havre doesn't smell good, not Middlesbrough but not good. Obviously local government in France is just as capable as in this country. An absolute sin.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Both Google translate.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:35 am

How is the tv Helen
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:44 am

It's great Mike ............. a bit big for my liking but it keeps John happy. It was really easy to set up and after the last two we had to send back in between the frustration of thinking we had done something wrong due to the faults and the freesat box not having sound we are really impressed, we just plugged everything in and it works. The 2-3D is far better on this because you can change the depth of the 3D and other settings to suit you ............ I am a bit disapointed though ................... it came with lots of glasses, two white, one black, two orange, one blue and one green

THERE ARE NO PINK ONES Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 9639063

this is the one

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:51 am

You will get used to a big one Helen affraid we said with ours thats bloody big when we set it up dont think about now we just enjoy it.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 12 Feb 2012, 7:01 am

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 3462454224
    On looking at the link for our new tv I've just realised that there is an instruction manual on a CD ........... we must look at that sometime it's probably still in the box somewhere, John was mortified when my dad dropped it and we got it out of the box in a bit of a hurry to make sure it worked. Rolling Eyes
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:17 am

Helen wrote:It's great Mike ............. a bit big for my liking but it keeps John happy. It was really easy to set up and after the last two we had to send back in between the frustration of thinking we had done something wrong due to the faults and the freesat box not having sound we are really impressed, we just plugged everything in and it works. The 2-3D is far better on this because you can change the depth of the 3D and other settings to suit you ............ I am a bit disapointed though ................... it came with lots of glasses, two white, one black, two orange, one blue and one green

THERE ARE NO PINK ONES Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 9639063

this is the one

No work again today so thought cheer myself up and buy a 3d tv been to currys but still came out without one the 50 inch at the right price are active system which ime not sure i want now the passive have no 50 inch in same price range,looked at the one helen bought very nice and passive as well but only 47 inch Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 9639063
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:14 pm

It would seem we have had a problem today, it seems to be working fine now.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

Helen wrote:It would seem we have had a problem today, it seems to be working fine now.

Not for me still cant get the second page of my dandy early days
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

up and running now
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

Well fed up today the sun is out its nice and warm,i could be sorting the chain that goes across the back of my dandy to fix the winch too,putting extra buttons on for the new cover or fitting the plastic pipe to the roof frame,but no i got a virus and feel crap,hope its better for tomorrow dont want to be off work Shocked
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

oh no mike hope you feel better hot toddy and bed then Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 3943490063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 2922923974 get well asap
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 29 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm

Virgin media bless em,i use there mobile broadband on the 29th of every month i get a message in my broadband control box saying my new allowance has been added today i got this

There isn't enough credit to renew your VM Mobile Broadband 12 3GB bundle for £12.26. To renew it, top up & we'll try again

After finally getting through on the phone i spoke to a very nice guy who told me it was the 29th of February that had caused a problem and apologised he also added 512mb free to my dongle to last until tomorrow when the system will know where it is again,so he was great but why send me that stupid message that means nothing to me.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Its other people that make me into Victor Meldrew just had a letter from Scottish power they will be coming to my area shortly and giving energy saving consultations please ring them or return the card if i DON'T want an appointment,it must just be me as most people accept this attitude why the hell should i contact them i never ask them to contact me.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 Empty Cowboys at work

Post by Helen Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:09 pm

Well I have been entertained for the past week watching what were supposed to be a reputable company painting the roof of a bungalow opposite me. I had my roof done several years ago but chose to have it the same colour as the roof was before and admit it was cheapish (£650) and 5 of us altogether had this done and it's a bad job, it has worn off in places but because we chose the colour closest to our roof colour it doesn't look bad. Trading Standards became involved and have discovered the company who did ours were fraudulently using the name of a reputable company who have been trading for over 15 years. Anyway the company address is a unit and they have several companies registered at this empty unit. Trading standards say they are closing the net but it's taking a long time - Lesson learned.

To cut a long story short, these cowboys have painted the roof opposite RED and I mean RED, it's patchy and looks awful but on top of that they then painted the bungalow walls and I mean the walls of the bungalow Accrington brick................. BRIGHT GREEN. It looks like bloody Balamory on a street full of Accrington brick bungalows. They had painted all the rear and full side of the bungalow, the chap has been taken to the bank on several occasions to hand cash over and did NOT ask them to paint the walls. They came back this morning to paint the front of the bungalow GREEN but he stopped them and refused to give them another penny until they sorted out the mess they had made, they started to threaten him so he phoned the police who turned up mob handed and then the planning department showed up to inspect the Green Bungalow along with Trading Standards. Each of the 5 Workmen were photographed by the police as they stood in turn and basically smiled to have their pictures taken, I take it they have no fixed address. All five were Irish, they used sweeping brushes to paint the roof.

This is a lovely street and people take pride in their property, the man who thought he was getting a decent job done for £2500 is gutted, upset and afraid they will come back. The only saving grace is that they didn't paint the front of his bungalow but it's very likely he won't get any money back and it will cost him a fortune to put right.

The man that came to give him the quote was in a flashy car with suit and tie and plenty of brochures and samples.
    Cowboys don't always wear a stetson and arrive on a horse.
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

Oh Helen that's awful Twisted Evil
    Hope the poor bloke gets it sorted.
    You never know whose eyeing up your house. I was on the front yesterday working on youknowwhat, and I had 2 leaflet droppers, solar panel man and someone after scrap metal ( swampy Is safe drunken ).
    Ours is quite a rural area too. Thank god for neighbours....who look out for and speak to each other.
    Suspect
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

affraid I've only seen that on tv warning about these people so the worrying thing is that they can still carry on so sad.. all your neighbours should get together to help him repaint his house and make a party out of it BBQ paint party Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 1710857839 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 1710857839
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:16 am

In all fairness the neighbours are mostly elderly, we did warn him about the job these lads were doing but the rogues told him the roof was having another coat of paint and then a protective layer too. We couldn't see the green at the back, we only saw it when they came around the side and as the owner was there chatting and joking with them we thought he wanted it doing as he has only recently moved in no one really knows him. Rolling Eyes

The paint on the walls is going to be the difficult bit as it would be better to get it off rather than paint over it, the roof is easily sorted as several people have offered to help and as John is in the painting business he can get the right stuff for the job through suppliers at a good price, it could be done over a weekend. Another neighbour is putting guttering back up for him this weekend that they took off. The majority around here are nice helpful people and if they can help out in any way they will do.

The most annoying thing about all of this is that they will just change the name and move on and do the same thing in another area Mad

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 16 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

this sort of thing really annoys me and if anyone cold calls at my house i just tell them its rented and they go away but i feel really sorry for the - usually elderly people - that get taken for a ride.

karma will bite them in the bum as well as i'm sure their grandma (Irish) haunting the b******s as i know my mother would be in my dreams giving me what for if i ever even thought of doing something like that!

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

my hound runs to the door at full pelt bouncing off it barking so when i open the door their gone Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:04 am

My dogs a bit daft, he allows people to come in but they can't leave. He bounces off the door at the wrong time and we have to shift him to let them out Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 13 2829330259
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

Still moaning about virgin media will be pleased when my dongle contract is up,they now put me on the orange network most of the time i get a HSPA signal and connection but the network is so busy it just sits there saying its going to connect to a page i know it wont,in the time it takes me to write a post i get timed out although i still show a connection.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

We moan and groan but watching the news makes you think the world has gone mad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:44 pm